Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 02:06:48 AM »
...while Bernie has managed to make it to his 70s having done nothing at all.

Imagine unirconically believing this...

Name a bill Bernie has authored and what kind of impact it has had on America.
https://www.congress.gov/member/bernard-sanders/S000033?q={%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22}
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 03:33:55 AM »
What did Jesus actually do to change the world?  Far as I know, he has a lot of stories but overall had little impact on the world at large.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 03:41:05 AM »
Because you made a rather generalized and sweeping statement.

I made the statement that he's done nothing of note, career or otherwise, during his life.

I claimed Bernie has done practically nothing at all during his entire career in politics
You literally did no such thing. I would suggest going back and reading what you wrote.

Bernie hasn't done anything in his entire life.

Which I think is a valid topic of discussion. You should have said that instead of saying something else and then pretending like everyone should have automatically understood what you meant. What is more likely is that you just wanted a sick bern (lmao), and are now trying to add context to where there was none before.

You seem more interested in meme trolling about context rather than having any kind of valid discussion.

Excellent... So how does that relate to you comparing him to Jesus in his 30s under the same context? Did Jesus author some great legislation prior to his death that Bernard just won't ever be able to compare to?

I'm not the one who tried to literally compare Bernie to Jesus in the first place. One is the centerpiece of the largest religion on the planet and the other is a man who got kicked out of a commune for being lazy.

I guess this is Rushy clarifying he meant politics, since its the first time this thread he has used that word.  Or the word career for that matter.

^^

I meant everything in his life in general, he's been a pretty useless tool. His politics is that of laziness and deferment to other people. When Hillary stole conventions from him right before everyone's eyes, what did he do? Nothing at all. He's weak and useless. This year another "The Chosen One" Democrat will run right over Bernie and he'll turn around and use his donations to buy another vacation home, just like he did in 2016.

https://www.congress.gov/member/bernard-sanders/S000033?q={%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22}

Sponsoring a bill is not the same thing as authoring one, but I'm sure you already knew that, right?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:46:08 AM by Rushy »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 04:06:03 AM »
...while Bernie has managed to make it to his 70s having done nothing at all.

Imagine unirconically believing this...

What on earth does that have to do with your previous claim?

Imagine unironically not knowing that the best way to judge the success of a legislator is to look at the scope of the legislation he has authored and passed.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 04:28:58 AM »
I made the statement that he's done nothing of note, career or otherwise, during his life.
Excellent, now we are getting somewhere. Now, all you have to do is provide evidence for your claim.

Bernie hasn't done anything in his entire life.
Perfect, now just back that claim up and we are good to go.

You seem more interested in meme trolling about context rather than having any kind of valid discussion.
I don't think I could have been more clear about my interest in having a valid discussion. I can go back and show you, if you would like. You are the one who resorted to a lazy quip that you ended up being challenged on. I think the real problem is that you would rather deflect than actually back up statements that you make. Actually, that sounds a lot like meme trolling... Excellent, deflecting and projecting at the same time. Very impressive.

I'm not the one who tried to literally compare Bernie to Jesus in the first place.
It doesn't seem anyone "literally" tried to compare Bernie to Jesus. What you were looking at is called a "meme." I do believe you are well-versed in them. Irrespective of that, I didn't compare him to Jesus in any capacity, so your objection is with someone else. You are the one who continued on with the comparison. I am simply holding you to your own words.

One is the centerpiece of the largest religion on the planet and the other is a man who got kicked out of a commune for being lazy.
That is a cool story. One guy literally got nailed to a crucifix because he was a moron, and the other guy raised 6 million dollars for his cause in a day (and that is just his most recent accomplishment lmao).

I meant everything in his life in general, he's been a pretty useless tool. His politics is that of laziness and deferment to other people. When Hillary stole conventions from him right before everyone's eyes, what did he do? Nothing at all. He's weak and useless. This year another "The Chosen One" Democrat will run right over Bernie and he'll turn around and use his donations to buy another vacation home, just like he did in 2016.
This is an excellent opinion piece. It combines all of the latest hot takes from Twitter. Let me know when you actually plan to defend your original claim, though.

Imagine unironically not knowing that the best way to judge the success of a legislator is to look at the scope of the legislation he has authored and passed.
That was a great sentence that shows you have no idea what you are talking about. I would suggest starting from the beginning, maybe taking a look at the claims being made, applying some critical thinking, and then trying again. I know context can be difficult. If you find yourself struggling with anything that has been discussed up to this point, just let me know and I would be happy to help out. Otherwise, maybe let the adults here do the talking.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 04:42:28 AM »
Excellent, now we are getting somewhere. Now, all you have to do is provide evidence for your claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

I don't think I could have been more clear about my interest in having a valid discussion. I can go back and show you, if you would like. You are the one who resorted to a lazy quip that you ended up being challenged on. I think the real problem is that you would rather deflect than actually back up statements that you make. Actually, that sounds a lot like meme trolling... Excellent, deflecting and projecting at the same time. Very impressive.

I'm not the one who pretended to not understand the point I was making.

It doesn't seem anyone "literally" tried to compare Bernie to Jesus. What you were looking at is called a "meme." I do believe you are well-versed in them. Irrespective of that, I didn't compare him to Jesus in any capacity, so your objection is with someone else. You are the one who continued on with the comparison. I am simply holding you to your own words.

Most memes are meant to make a funny, but genuine point. Few memes are meant to not be taken seriously whatsoever. In fact, the entire point of memetic propaganda is to instill a certain viewpoint on the reader. No one spreads information without the purpose of instilling thoughts into those who read it. That would be the equivalent of posting something and intending no one to ever read it.

That is a cool story. One guy literally got nailed to a crucifix because he was a moron, and the other guy raised 6 million dollars for his cause in a day (and that is just his most recent accomplishment lmao).

Six million dollars that will go directly to his next vacation home. Apparently the phrase "trick me once..." had no impact whatsoever on Bern-outs. I look forward to more students talking about how they donated part of their loans to Bernie anticipating student loan forgiveness.

This is an excellent opinion piece. It combines all of the latest hot takes from Twitter. Let me know when you actually plan to defend your original claim, though.

I like how you still haven't posted any legislation he's authored lmao. It's almost like the only thing he's ever done in his career is name some post offices. I certainly hope you were only joking about actually donating to him.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 04:43:19 AM »
I was trying to be pedantic like all the high IQ cool kids and failed miserably, so now I have to resort to name calling.

Ah. Well, I don't know what to tell you coach. I guess post some of Bernie's accolades?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:45:23 AM by Fortuna »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 05:08:48 AM »
Ah. Well, I don't know what to tell you coach. I guess post some of Bernie's accolades?
Thankfully, Rushy has killed two birds with one stone for us all here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

I can't wait until Rushy realizes that he proved his own claim false and answered your question at the same time. Very helpful

I'm not the one who pretended to not understand the point I was making.
I believe that, since it is obvious you didn't actually understand the point you were making. There was no pretending required.

Most memes are meant to make a funny, but genuine point. Few memes are meant to not be taken seriously whatsoever. In fact, the entire point of memetic propaganda is to instill a certain viewpoint on the reader. No one spreads information without the purpose of instilling thoughts into those who read it. That would be the equivalent of posting something and intending no one to ever read it.
I definitely want to learn more about the intricacies of memes. I was unaware that they had such a rigid structure as described here. Having said that, even if it was a bad meme, or somehow not a meme at all, it still doesn't do anything to support your claim. Literally nothing you have said up to this point has supported your initial claim that I called you out on. Of course, you know that already.

Six million dollars that will go directly to his next vacation home. Apparently the phrase "trick me once..." had no impact whatsoever on Bern-outs. I look forward to more students talking about how they donated part of their loans to Bernie anticipating student loan forgiveness.
Top notch political commentary. Although, based on this, the capitalists and libertarians should be envious. Although, maybe he didn't create enough value for shareholders for them to think this is fair. Let me know how much money Jesus was able to raise in 24 hours. Seems like Bernie beat this guy's life achievements within the last week.

I like how you still haven't posted any legislation he's authored lmao. It's almost like the only thing he's ever done in his career is name some post offices. I certainly hope you were only joking about actually donating to him.
Is that the actual topic at hand? You keep waffling back and forth on what you want to have "valid" discussion around. Is it his life, his career, or what? But also, I happily concede he hasn't authored a lot of life-changing legislation. You make it sound like that is his primary function. It turns out there is a lot more to being a Senator than that. Crazy, right? I'd suggest looking at a lot of current congresspeople and their lack of authoring super important legislation as well. But, I am sure you Googled all of this before posting, so you already know. I hear his amendment game is pretty solid, though (which you also already know). So, just let me know where you want the goal posts, and maybe we can keep the discussion centered there. Because your one specific metric for success thus far defeats your own initial claim.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:10:41 AM by lejnkr »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 06:35:54 AM »
Professional history
After graduating from college, Sanders returned to New York City, where he initially worked at a variety of jobs, including Head Start teacher, psychiatric aide, and carpenter.[30] In 1968, Sanders moved to Vermont because he had been "captivated by rural life." After his arrival there he worked as a carpenter,[31] filmmaker, and writer[46] who created and sold "radical film strips" and other educational materials to schools.[47] He also wrote several articles for the alternative publication The Vermont Freeman.[48]

Legislation
Prior to his 2016 presidential run, Sanders was known as a legislator who advocated for progressive causes, but "rarely forged actual legislation or left a significant imprint on it."[114] According to The New York Times, "Big legislation largely eludes Mr. Sanders because his ideas are usually far to the left of the majority of the Senate ... Mr. Sanders has largely found ways to press his agenda through appending small provisions to the larger bills of others."[115] During his time in the Senate, Sanders had lower "legislative effectiveness" than the average Senator, as measured by the number of sponsored bills that passed and successful amendments made.[116]

Radical film strips.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
I can't wait until Rushy realizes that he proved his own claim false and answered your question at the same time. Very helpful

I can't believe I'm being "your retartet but u donut even kno it and I walnut tel u y" by junker.

I believe that, since it is obvious you didn't actually understand the point you were making. There was no pretending required.

Pretending Bernie isn't anything other than a joke for undergraduates to throw money at is a lot of effort.

I definitely want to learn more about the intricacies of memes. I was unaware that they had such a rigid structure as described here. Having said that, even if it was a bad meme, or somehow not a meme at all, it still doesn't do anything to support your claim. Literally nothing you have said up to this point has supported your initial claim that I called you out on. Of course, you know that already.

You mean the claim that Bernie is a man who's had a career containing no major accomplishments and merely lived off tax money of his equally inept supporters? At least he's not a hypocrite. He lived off the state while doing nothing, and he wants to make sure you can do the same, which at this point I'm not sure is an insult.

Top notch political commentary. Although, based on this, the capitalists and libertarians should be envious. Although, maybe he didn't create enough value for shareholders for them to think this is fair. Let me know how much money Jesus was able to raise in 24 hours. Seems like Bernie beat this guy's life achievements within the last week.

I am envious, I too would like to run a donation scam of such magnificent proportions as Bernie, it's the only remarkable achievement he had in his life, just unfortunate that he only achieved it by his 70s.

Is that the actual topic at hand? You keep waffling back and forth on what you want to have "valid" discussion around. Is it his life, his career, or what? But also, I happily concede he hasn't authored a lot of life-changing legislation. You make it sound like that is his primary function. It turns out there is a lot more to being a Senator than that. Crazy, right? I'd suggest looking at a lot of current congresspeople and their lack of authoring super important legislation as well. But, I am sure you Googled all of this before posting, so you already know. I hear his amendment game is pretty solid, though (which you also already know). So, just let me know where you want the goal posts, and maybe we can keep the discussion centered there. Because your one specific metric for success thus far defeats your own initial claim.

I like how you've now made it to three different replies which still don't contain what I asked for, instead you just want to have a pointless meta discussion about how I question Bernie's life goals. He's been a legislator for over a decade, surely he has authored some bill that he put his weight behind and got pushed through Congress. Was it a bill to help the poor? Was it bill to help the rich? Was it a bill to help him decide which of his three vacation homes he'd like to stay at this year?

Just accept that the Chosen One of the DNC this election is Kamala Harris. The DNC isn't going to allow a white male to go up against Trump.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:32:54 PM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »
I like how you've now made it to three different replies which still don't contain what I asked for, instead you just want to have a pointless meta discussion about how I question Bernie's life goals.
Apparently asking you to substantiate your claim is "pointless meta discussion." You can just admit that you were wrong and rushed to shift the conversation to:

which has nothing to do with your original claim, especially in the context of your comparison to Jesus. Your nonsense troll tactics may work on others, but it won't fly here. You should stop letting your feelings get in the way of facts. But, to satisfy your absolutely genuine interest in discussion, I'll play along. S.893 was a helpful COLA for veterans. Now how about you support your initial claim or retract it?

Just accept that the Chosen One of the DNC this election is Kamala Harris. The DNC isn't going to allow a white male to go up against Trump.
She probably is, but that still isn't even remotely relevant to your claim. It seems you are the one engaging in pointless meta discussion about the state of the Democratic party. If you want to discuss the actual topic of the thread, you should probably do that instead of trolling about people you personally dislike.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 06:03:31 PM »
Apparently asking you to substantiate your claim is "pointless meta discussion." You can just admit that you were wrong and rushed to shift the conversation to:

which has nothing to do with your original claim, especially in the context of your comparison to Jesus. Your nonsense troll tactics may work on others, but it won't fly here. You should stop letting your feelings get in the way of facts. But, to satisfy your absolutely genuine interest in discussion, I'll play along. S.893 was a helpful COLA for veterans. Now how about you support your initial claim or retract it?

Like Markjo, I should tell you that a sponsor is not the same thing as an author. Sponsoring a bill doesn't mean you authored the bill, contributed to it in any way, or even read it at all. Notice how that bill has 17 other sponsors on it. That's nearly 1/5 of the Senate. Do you really think they all spent time authoring a COLA bill? I certainly hope you don't.

She probably is, but that still isn't even remotely relevant to your claim. It seems you are the one engaging in pointless meta discussion about the state of the Democratic party. If you want to discuss the actual topic of the thread, you should probably do that instead of trolling about people you personally dislike.

You mean my claim that Bernie hasn't done anything of note in his entire life? Try just looking at his wikipedia page and then realize he's spent his entire legislative career doing a whole lot of nothing at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 06:05:42 PM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 06:45:36 PM »
Like Markjo, I should tell you that a sponsor is not the same thing as an author. Sponsoring a bill doesn't mean you authored the bill, contributed to it in any way, or even read it at all. Notice how that bill has 17 other sponsors on it. That's nearly 1/5 of the Senate. Do you really think they all spent time authoring a COLA bill? I certainly hope you don't.
As expected, instead of actually supporting your own claim, you continue to deflect to something else. Just to point out to the folks watching at home, you have not provided any evidence for your claim which I called you out on. As I said before, I would be happy to go down this (unrelated) road with you, but I am afraid I will have to require you to substantiate your previous claim before moving on to something else. Otherwise I would just be supporting disingenuous troll attempts, and that is just a bad look.

You mean my claim that Bernie hasn't done anything of note in his entire life? Try just looking at his wikipedia page and then realize he's spent his entire legislative career doing a whole lot of nothing at all.
I would also suggest you read the wiki, and maybe even some more articles regarding his accomplishments. Except this time, remove your personal feelings and bias. The results may just shock you. You can continue to dislike him and disagree with him of course, I am not trying to change your mind.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
As expected, instead of actually supporting your own claim, you continue to deflect to something else. Just to point out to the folks watching at home, you have not provided any evidence for your claim which I called you out on. As I said before, I would be happy to go down this (unrelated) road with you, but I am afraid I will have to require you to substantiate your previous claim before moving on to something else. Otherwise I would just be supporting disingenuous troll attempts, and that is just a bad look.

I'm sorry you didn't know the difference between sponsoring a bill and actually authoring one. Look, I'll make it easy on you. Bernie has only ever authored three bills in his career. Of those three bills, which one do you like the most?

I would also suggest you read the wiki, and maybe even some more articles regarding his accomplishments. Except this time, remove your personal feelings and bias. The results may just shock you. You can continue to dislike him and disagree with him of course, I am not trying to change your mind.

I'm having a hard time seeing any, do you mind pointing them out?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »
What did Jesus actually do to change the world?  Far as I know, he has a lot of stories but overall had little impact on the world at large.
Well there was Christianity, Judaism and Islam ... he features in all 3 of those and no one follows Roman gods or any other pegan religion, but sure he achieved nothing whatsoever and it is unlikely that his uprising caused Rome to abandon its own religion and found the Vatican city right there in Rome making it the world Capital for CHRISTianity.  ::)
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »

I'm sorry you didn't know the difference between sponsoring a bill and actually authoring one. Look, I'll make it easy on you. Bernie has only ever authored three bills in his career. Of those three bills, which one do you like the most?

I'm having a hard time seeing any, do you mind pointing them out?

I like how you continue to reply, but fail to include an answer to the request that you support your claim. We can discuss your ignorance of the legislative process as soon as you answer my very simple request.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »
I like how you continue to reply, but fail to include an answer to the request that you support your claim. We can discuss your ignorance of the legislative process as soon as you answer my very simple request.

I know legislature is complicated but you linking to a "look at this bill that Bernie and 17 other people sponsored lmao" really puts a dent in your ability to argue your point, so this really just looks like you avoiding the topic entirely.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2019, 08:01:11 PM »

I know legislature is complicated but you linking to a "look at this bill that Bernie and 17 other people sponsored lmao" really puts a dent in your ability to argue your point, so this really just looks like you avoiding the topic entirely.

Another post without any support for your claim. This may be a record. I wonder how long it can go on.

Again, you've already displayed your ignorance of how legislation in America works, and that's a fine topic you help you understand. However, you'll have to stop deflecting first and provide support for your claim that I continually ask for but for some reason you refuse to give.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 04:10:08 AM »
The literal meme candidate.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 07:54:39 PM »

Edit: Obnoxiously large picture

Jesus wasn't socialist.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.