Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
That's why Eve is terrible. Why would you want to worry about finances in a game AND real life?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:48 AM »
Have teso failed financially and turned free to play because nobody wanted to pay the monthly subscription yet?
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
They get a free month to begin with, so we will have to wait.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »
I fancied Eve until I saw the combat.

EVE isn't about shallow and pedantic combat.

But that's what combat is. I mean I'm invoking Rush's Law here (I've never played it but that doesn't stop me having an opinion that's stated as fact). But from what I've seen combat is basically spinning around in a circle going pew pew pew. Elite was better than that.

But I think its cool that stories like this get published.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547908/EVE-online-sees-biggest-battle.html

That's fairly awesome

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
They get a free month to begin with, so we will have to wait.

"Free".
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »
A free 60 dollar month

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2014, 05:23:48 AM »
Ha ha ha.
The Mastery.

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
That's fairly awesome

I'm almost tempted but I don't think a 14 day trial is long enough. I can imagine in that time I'll have figured out how to rotate and raise and lower undercarriage. I don't like to pay for buttraep.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2014, 02:19:19 AM »
"Free".

A free 60 dollar month

I was talking about the subscription itself, in response to beardo's question about the subscription itself.  Don't be pedantic.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
I got this with rich legacy trust fund money from selling isagenix (buy from my mom pls)

And I got a code that lets me play any race in any alliance.

Will someone help make my racially motivated decisions?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:03:56 PM by Vongeo »
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
It feels like it wouldn't really jibe with the lore to play as a race in a different alliance.  Not that it could never be justified, but I highly doubt there's anything in the writing that might actually address the discrepancy, and it's probably just something you'd be expected to ignore.  I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have an issue with that, but if it were me, I'd just play as a member of my race's default alliance.

As for your race, I suggest you stick with the Orcs.  You have a lot in common with them.  They're big, green, have excessive elbows, are misunderstood by society, and live in strongholds.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
It feels like it wouldn't really jibe with the lore to play as a race in a different alliance.  Not that it could never be justified, but I highly doubt there's anything in the writing that might actually address the discrepancy, and it's probably just something you'd be expected to ignore.  I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have an issue with that, but if it were me, I'd just play as a member of my race's default alliance.

As for your race, I suggest you stick with the Orcs.  You have a lot in common with them.  They're big, green, have excessive elbows, are misunderstood by society, and live in strongholds.
Not everyone in the same race has the same agenda Saddamit. And I think a high-elf awknowledged it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »

That's my motto.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2014, 01:36:19 AM »

That's my motto.
I didn't, I have for other things.

Minecraft if like 25 bucks or something.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2014, 02:33:48 AM »

Not everyone in the same race has the same agenda Saddamit. And I think a high-elf awknowledged it.

That's right, but my issue is that I don't think it will be addressed in-game.  You'll probably just get the exact same dialogue as everyone else, nobody raising an eyebrow over the fact that you're a foreigner who's apparently on their side.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:35 AM »

That's right, but my issue is that I don't think it will be addressed in-game.  You'll probably just get the exact same dialogue as everyone else, nobody raising an eyebrow over the fact that you're a foreigner who's apparently on their side.
An elf said "Just cuz I'm a high elf doesn't mean I support the aldermari dominion. A person can be born anywhere regardless of race.

Ghost of V

« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2014, 03:55:25 AM »
I paid $5 for Minecraft.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

An elf said "Just cuz I'm a high elf doesn't mean I support the aldermari dominion. A person can be born anywhere regardless of race.

I know.  But that character works because the writing is different for him.  That's my whole point.  Now imagine if that elf was talking with a Nord accent, and was making the same jingoistic racial comments as most of the Nords do, without a word of explanation towards the fact that he himself is an Altmer.  In short, imagine if the game had treated him like just another Nord.  That wouldn't have worked.  It would have been weird and jarring.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2014, 05:56:01 AM »

I know.  But that character works because the writing is different for him.  That's my whole point.  Now imagine if that elf was talking with a Nord accent, and was making the same jingoistic racial comments as most of the Nords do, without a word of explanation towards the fact that he himself is an Altmer.  In short, imagine if the game had treated him like just another Nord.  That wouldn't have worked.  It would have been weird and jarring.
I have found that to be true even within the same faction, I'm on an island of Orcs and they keep saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH, You don't understand our culture, outsider. Blah Blah. We aren't savages." Granted if I didn't click some of the lines of dialogue they wouldn't say it.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »
Is the orcish player character not born in Orsinum?
The Mastery.