Gravitational Waves
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:16:54 PM »
With the recent awarding of the Nobel Prize in Physics, how do the detection of gravitational waves by LIGO fit into Flat Earth Theory?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Gravitational Waves
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:50:51 PM »
The Flat Earthers claim that all of the stars, planets, galaxies, etc are hovering 3,000 miles above our heads and that they all dance around in complicated patterns to try their best to mimic what would happen if the Earth was round and they were a bazillion miles away.

Since ZERO professional astronomers agree with that - and they have bucketloads of evidence to show otherwise (eg redshift) - they pretty much have to be lying and therefore must be lumped into the big "NASA conspiracy" bucket.

Adding a few gravity wave detector people to the conspiracy is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of FE paranoia.

So there is not much chance of the FE'ers really being convinced by the small additional evidence.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Gravitational Waves
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:05:57 AM »
They pretty much have to be lying and therefore must be lumped into the big "NASA conspiracy" bucket.
Especially when the LIGO folks actively promote the round earth when they call it out specifically on their “Facts” page (the last item)
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice