Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2760 on: May 18, 2018, 04:53:28 PM »
I was using "anti-religious" as "We put forth things that the religious community doesn't approve of" and not "We hate all religions" or whatever it is you think I meant.

So what?  Democrats rally against non-nuclear family models?  They try to push legislation to ban adoption by homosexual couples?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 18, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »
I was using "anti-religious" as "We put forth things that the religious community doesn't approve of" and not "We hate all religions" or whatever it is you think I meant.

How does a party, that consists almost entirely of religious people, put forth things the religious community doesn't approve of?

So what?  Democrats rally against non-nuclear family models?  They try to push legislation to ban adoption by homosexual couples?

I didn't say anything like that.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: May 18, 2018, 08:00:24 PM »

How does a party, that consists almost entirely of religious people, put forth things the religious community doesn't approve of?
Some are more tolerant/less religious than others, I'd guess.  Explain how you can be pro-abortion and religious.  Pro-gay marriage and Christian.

I didn't say anything like that.
You didn't but you seem to be putting forth that both parties keep with the traditional nuclear family and don't promote any legislation that accepts anything other than that.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: May 18, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »
Some are more tolerant/less religious than others, I'd guess.  Explain how you can be pro-abortion and religious.  Pro-gay marriage and Christian.

I wouldn't define Democrats as pro-abortion. I know plenty of people who are pro-choice, but still personally believe abortion without medical necessity is wrong. I also wouldn't define pro-choice as pro-abortion.

The same deal with gay marriage. Many people believe that gays should have the choice to be married, not that they think it's the right thing to do.

You didn't but you seem to be putting forth that both parties keep with the traditional nuclear family and don't promote any legislation that accepts anything other than that.

Both parties do promote legislation to keep the traditional nuclear family. It's why both, for example, protect, endorse, and continue to increase benefits for married couples.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:58:50 PM by Rushy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 19, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #2765 on: May 19, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
No one, outside of a psychopath, is pro-abortion. And it's not about being pro-gay marriage, it's about marriage equality. People were not advocating for a separate "gay marriage", but for equal marriage rights. And Christ was really clear on that shit

Luke 6:31 ESV
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

John 15:12 ESV
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:22:28 PM by Benjamin Franklin »
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »

I wouldn't define Democrats as pro-abortion. I know plenty of people who are pro-choice, but still personally believe abortion without medical necessity is wrong. I also wouldn't define pro-choice as pro-abortion.

The same deal with gay marriage. Many people believe that gays should have the choice to be married, not that they think it's the right thing to do.
Yeah, that's fair.  Poor choice of words on my part.
Point is, giving people the choice is the same as advocating that it's ok to choose that choice.  Thus, Democrats are saying "Yes, the choice to have an abortion is not an evil choice to make".

Both parties do promote legislation to keep the traditional nuclear family. It's why both, for example, protect, endorse, and continue to increase benefits for married couples.
Yes but when you promote that Gays should be allowed to marry, then "married couples" is no longer guarenteed to be the traditional nuclear family.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 24, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
1. Yay for free speech.
2. Guess Trump won't get that Nobel Peace Prize.

I like how Republicans went from "See how amazing Trump is at diplomacy" to "North Korea is crazy and Trump did the right thing by not meeting with them.

Once again, Trump has fucked over America's credibility on the world stage.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: May 24, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
I like how Republicans went from "See how amazing Trump is at diplomacy" to "North Korea is crazy and Trump did the right thing by not meeting with them.
I don't think that's such an insane position to hold. Trump was "amazing at diplomacy" when he got North Korea to say they'd comply (and, if reports are to be believed, they did start to dismantle their nuclear testing facilities). Now "North Korea is crazy" because they did a U-turn and are resorting to "haha ur STUPID" levels of diplomacy.

Was the initial willingness of DPRK to comply a coincidence, a show of Trump's competence, or just another one of KJU's plots? It's hard to tell, but you could at least argue that Trump had a part in it. Does that mean that he should now proceed with meeting someone who's no longer willing to meet his end of the deal? Absolutely not.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 24, 2018, 04:12:27 PM »
I don't think that's such an insane position to hold. Trump was "amazing at diplomacy" when he got North Korea to say they'd comply (and, if reports are to be believed, they did start to dismantle their nuclear testing facilities). Now "North Korea is crazy" because they did a U-turn and are resorting to "haha ur STUPID" levels of diplomacy.

Was the initial willingness of DPRK to comply a coincidence, a show of Trump's competence, or just another one of KJU's plots? It's hard to tell, but you could at least argue that Trump had a part in it. Does that mean that he should now proceed with meeting someone who's no longer willing to meet his end of the deal? Absolutely not.
In fairness, North Korea did not U-turn on their compliance.  They got angry when SK and the US did a military excersise on their doorstep AND when The vice President said that NK could go the same route of Lybia, which means "We'll overthrow your goverment and have you publically executed."  I'm no expert on diplomacy, but that sounds like something to get angry about.  I mean, Trump would be, so why should we suddenly hold them to higher standards then Trump?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: May 26, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: May 27, 2018, 04:33:30 AM »
In order to keep from being wrong, Trump will retroactively fire pottinger.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/05/27/614805681/south-koreas-moon-kim-jong-un-still-committed-to-denuclearization
Trump: I'm canceling the summit cause NK got angry.NK/SK: We're still meeting.
Trump: Yeah, we're probably maybe still meeting.
It's like he's trying to play hard to get or assert dominance like a jackass.  The old "I did something I didn't want to do just to show that I could and force you to beg me to undo it."

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: May 28, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Saddam, I understand that you really like this image of Trump, but unless it contributes to the point you're making, could you please keep it to CN from now on? There's simply no need for you to artificially inflate the length of each page like this.

It would be absolutely amazing if, instead of posting the same image over and over, you provided a short synopsis or discussion of the links you're supplying.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:45:54 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: May 29, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/29/615095665/high-ranking-north-korean-official-is-traveling-to-new-york

Sooo... Did Trump actually cancel?  I mean, it seems like its all going as planned. 

I'd say this is confusing but it's really not.  Its just Trump.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: May 29, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
Sooo... Did Trump actually cancel?  I mean, it seems like its all going as planned.
He cancelled because North Korea wanted to play tough. Then they backed off massively and tried to reconcile the situation, so he cancelled the cancellation. In a few days' time Kim will threaten to nuke Nebraska and Trump will cancel again. It's simple, really.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: May 29, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »
He cancelled because North Korea wanted to play tough. Then they backed off massively and tried to reconcile the situation, so he cancelled the cancellation. In a few days' time Kim will threaten to nuke Nebraska and Trump will cancel again. It's simple, really.
But like I said above, wasn't the whole thing based on Bolton and Pence essentially threatening to topple North Korea's government ? (ie. the Lybia model)I'd be pissy too if someone did that.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: May 29, 2018, 08:43:58 PM »
Saddam, I understand that you really like this image of Trump, but unless it contributes to the point you're making, could you please keep it to CN from now on? There's simply no need for you to artificially inflate the length of each page like this.

Clearly the best course of action is to shrink it a little and make it his signature.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.