This is how you prove it, without fail. Please read.
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:59:10 AM »
Solved.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:42:23 AM by IntelValor »

Offline Woody

• View Profile
Re: This is how you prove it, without fail. Please read.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:25:19 AM »
There are much simpler and cheaper methods.  Which really does not matter even something that is free would not be conducted.  Anything that will prove the Earth is round will not be attempted. The only things that will be attempted are things that offer evidence the Earth is flat.

That is why you only see things like videos claiming they can see further than they should.  That sometimes ignore the bottom of what they are looking at can not be seen or what ever they are looking at is not beyond the horizon.  The last one is done a lot with small boats. 

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:22:03 AM »
Are the drones supposed to lift the 100 miles of fiber into the air?  Are they both lifting together?  Or is it one at a time?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »
All you need.
3 boats
3 boat operators
3 Drones of Mid-High End capabilities.
3 Pilots to operate drones
3 smart phones with full physics package tracking every known datatype available, rigged safely to drones.
100 Miles of light weight Fiber.

Three boats arrive in international waters. Boat A anchors and remains stationary with one end of 100 mile thread fiber. Boat B and C will then travel 100 miles East parallel to the equator and anchor having the other end of the string attached to vessel B. Boat C will then travel back immediately west to 50 miles following what should be visible fiber line and at 50 mile point stop, anchor and relay with Boat A and B. Boat A and B will deploy drones into air, hovering and using only vertical movement. Drones will fly up one at a time both to designated height to ensure that fiber is taut and without slack. Telemetry will record all data needed between both dynamic points using smartphones harnessed to drones which are taught together with 100 miles of lightweight fiber. Boat C will witness and record for record the state of the wire. Boat C will deploy drone which will gather telemetry data from wire with a Drone that travels along the path of the wire back to boat A.

This will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the true nature of our planet.

This is straight out of my head. I have not taken suggestions from any organization, entity or corporation. I am not affiliated with any persons or state. I am a private citizen formerly enlisted as an Aeronautical logistician in the United States Air Force. I hold a journeyman qualification in Aerial logistics. Multiple computer system qualifications as well as former experience as an engineering associate for L&W Engineering.

I am willing to organize this test with volunteers from this community with 100% record of events and absolute transparency.

You can reach me at @intelvalor on Twitter or via Pm here where I can discuss further.

Thank you for your consideration. I think it's time we put this to rest.

-Discuss

This seems unnecessarily complicated. Does this method have any real advantage over taking binoculars to a pier?

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
You might ask why you don't use a laser, or a form of radio transmission, microwave Etc. All of these things are regulated even in international waters and would make the experiment illegal and less likely to be allowed or even taken seriously. FAA,FCC,INTERPOL, DOD,NASA,NOAA.... Are in control of almost every method needed to conclusively test this topic.

I would like to see your source for this claim.  Specifically, who exactly forbids us from taking a powerful laser out to sea and attempting this test with it?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:59:14 PM by Rounder »
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
Polymer Fibers are extremely light and have high tensile strength. The Fiber will simulate a direct unbendable laser from one point to another that shows physical trajectory along every point from B to C.  I don't expect everyone to understand why it must be so " Complicated."

I am fairly confident that we have no types of fiber strong enough to be pulled taut horizontally over a distance of 50 miles. Such a fiber would have to be many times stronger than the strongest carbon nanotube fibers. It would have to be supported at numerous points in the middle to keep from breaking, which I assume would defeat the purpose. Even if we did have such a material, 100 miles of the stuff would be outrageously expensive.

Your source for why lasers wouldn't be allowed deals with lasers being pointed at aircraft. Surely this doesn't apply to small personal unmanned drones? Even if it does, couldn't you just attempt to point it at the other boats?

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:28:57 PM »
I will inquire as to the legality of the operation with government regulatory authorities if the community wishes is willing to go ahead with the project.

There is no need to go involving the authorities.  The law forbids pointing the laser at aircraft.  So as long as your are NOT doing that, the authorities don't care what you ARE doing with your laser.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »
Could be pointed at the boats if that is what you wish to do. My goal is to gather telemetry data from three points along a static trajectory that either proves or disproves spherical earth. Lasers are a no go and always have been a no go . If you wish to take a high powered laser out into international waters and attempt to use it without permission, go ahead. I have been involved in projects in the past with large scale surveyal. I can speak from experience that the governing agencies do not grant approval easily or at all.

I am not giving opinions on what I think. The point is to find out with irrefutable evidence. Be transparent. Be able to manipulate the points and reproduce the results more than once.

I am unbiased and presenting a way to do so.

My original idea was and always has been to use a Laser and track it at three points and as a laser is consistent it should remain along the same level trajectory at point B along  line AC. If collinear points are found upon the plane of the trajectory that are within limits to disprove spherical earth then you have done so. If collinear points are not found within points ABC upon line AC then you have proven it.

The discussion is not about the availability of the Fiber but about the method being used. I will inquire as to the legality of the operation with government regulatory authorities if the community wishes is willing to go ahead with the project.

I think the problem is your experiment is unnecessarily complicated.  Simply using laser to target different receivers at different height and distances above the water would work.  That is why you do not see it done by someone trying to prove the Earth is flat.  They will only do one target and have the laser and target positioned as close to the water as they can.  Simply because they know, but will not admit, that it will favor the outcome they want.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:28:19 PM by Woody »

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »
The regulation states that it places all laser traffic under the control of FAA due to the risk of them being pointed at aircraft...How do I know this?...(I) was told that I could not use lasers in the mapping system due to FAA regulation being broad and all encompassing.

You may have been told that, but the code you cite does not say that.  Everything in that code is about intentional or inadvertant aiming of a laser at aircraft.  Did the person who told you that cite a specific law?  Is it the one you gave?  If so, they were incorrect about what that law actually says.  That is, unless you were seeking permission to intentionally point your laser at an aircraft.  Yes, that is covered, and yes, that requires specific FAA approval.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 02:00:47 AM »
The issue is that pointing a laser at any direction off in a distance is considered surveying and falls under FAA regulation.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 02:53:46 AM »
The issue is that pointing a laser at any direction off in a distance is considered surveying and falls under FAA regulation.

Yes, got it, I understand what you've said.  What I am trying to say is: the law you cite does not say that.

Here is a page about laser surveying covering a conference attending by proffesionals who actually do that work, and it says absolutely nothing about the FAA.

Here is a page detailing the variance one must obtain if one is to put on a laser light show.  Here too, no mention of the FAA.  Oddly, the variance is issued by the Food and Drug Administration, who presumably claim jurisdiction due to the possible injuries from a poorly done show.

In fact, so far the only Google search result I've found for the terms "laser survey FAA" (that is, once you ignore the results about the FAA itself doing the survey) is this one, and the issue pursued by the FAA was concerning the airframe modifications, not the use of the laser itself.

Offline Wodz30

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 04:29:24 AM »
You might ask why you don't use a laser, or a form of radio transmission, microwave Etc. All of these things are regulated even in international waters and would make the experiment illegal and less likely to be allowed or even taken seriously. FAA,FCC,INTERPOL, DOD,NASA,NOAA.... Are in control of almost every method needed to conclusively test this topic.

I would like to see your source for this claim.  Specifically, who exactly forbids us from taking a powerful laser out to sea and attempting this test with it?

God I love reading his response when he just shits all over your post. I know you were being serious with your post but his response.. just figuratively shits in your face with a huge middle finger. I love it sooo much! Do you own fucking research lol.

Do not respond to my message. I do not check this forum.