The video that caused me to question the globe.
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:34:02 AM »
When I first heard of the flat earth, I was the most skeptical of the bunch. I ignored the thought for months, and thought it to be insane. Now I have begun to question whether the earth is really a globe or not.

At the moment I am not 100% convinced the world is not round, but I have made a large leap in opening my mind to the possibility that it could be flat. I mean I don't trust NASA or the media, so why should I believe the earth is round? I've never seen it round for myself. Thanks for waking me up.

Anyways, here is the video that really got me to start questioning things.

Still to embarrassed to admit to my friends that I dont believe 100% the world is round, but my family agrees that the world COULD be flat. So there's that. Hope to someday be confident in either side of this.

geckothegeek

Re: The video that caused me to question the globe.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:34:03 AM »
When I first heard of the flat earth, I was the most skeptical of the bunch. I ignored the thought for months, and thought it to be insane. Now I have begun to question whether the earth is really a globe or not.

At the moment I am not 100% convinced the world is not round, but I have made a large leap in opening my mind to the possibility that it could be flat. I mean I don't trust NASA or the media, so why should I believe the earth is round? I've never seen it round for myself. Thanks for waking me up.

Anyways, here is the video that really got me to start questioning things.

Still to embarrassed to admit to my friends that I dont believe 100% the world is round, but my family agrees that the world COULD be flat. So there's that. Hope to someday be confident in either side of this.

Rest assured that there is absolutely no doubt that the earth is a globe. It has been a proven fact for centuries. NASA has just been the recent scapegoat of one of many "conspiracy theories. If anything, geodetic surveys are proof of a globe. There is nothing "satanic"  about this.

Possibly those who do not  work in fields involving oceanic or aeronautic navigation or just about any other professional area might have doubts about the shape of the earth since they do not work in these fields on  24/7 basis. But in all reality there is absolutely no proof or evidence of  a flat earth and every proof and evidence that the earth is globe if that will set your mind at ease.

The basic fault of "flat earth" is that there is not ,nor has there even been an accurate "flat earth map" of the entire earth.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:37:53 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 02:13:02 PM »
NASA has been the 'fall guy' for a conspiracy theory that is too big to be successful. The rate at which current science is expanding, to the point where the common Joe can launch go-pros in high altitude balloons and dozens of companies across the world are planning and getting ready to launch privatized space flights for fun and profit, there would simply be too many people on the 'inner circle' of such a secret.

The idea that there is an alternate reality is attractive, very much so- but this particular theory is only sustainable if you willingly suspend disbelief and ignore certain evidence while cherry-picking at some others.

Look- the fact of the matter is that if you spend any time here, you'll get some excellent (albeit long-winded) evidence that supports a flat-earth theory. If you dig though, you'll see that there's a lot of scientific data that is relied upon to prove the flat earth that is little more than proof of concept in a lab, but without any legitimate citation of real-world application.

Cosmic Ray devices and the Biefeld-Brown effect are magnificent examples. Proven in a lab, but nobody can point to it being used outside of a controlled experimental setting.

Poisson's Spot is another one- this one states that light from the sun would curve around a round earth and make it daylight all the time, even on the back side of a globe. Dig for five minutes though, and you'll see that this experiment relies on a very specific set of circumstances to work- circumstances which need to be ignored completely in order to apply it to a flat-earth theory.

Theoretical science is given a lot of credibility by the flat earth community. Couple that with the fundamentals of the Zetetic method which draws scientific conclusion from observation (It looks flat so it is flat) which can be easily misinterpreted or manipulated, - and you've got a lot of ammunition for an alternate reality.

Good luck drawing your own conclusions, but I highly encourage you to dig deeply, VERY deeply into any evidence you're given...from either side. Questioning is learning, and even if you learn that the earth is not flat, you'll pick up a lot of other stuff along the way.

Cheers.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »
Keep it to yourself for the time being and learn to use it to your advantage --- the way the shills do. 
Eventually, you will realize how hoaxes and disinformation can be used to understand people at a level that surpasses most complicated psychological tests. 

For instance, if somebody talks like as if a hoax was real, you know at least 1 of 2 things must be true: 
1) the person is dishonest;
or
2) the person does not question authority and is too gullible to hold an intelligent opinion. 

watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:32:29 PM »

For instance, if somebody talks like as if a hoax was real, you know at least 1 of 2 things must be true: 
1) the person is dishonest;
or
2) the person does not question authority and is too gullible to hold an intelligent opinion.

On what authority do you claim the ability to determine what is and isn't a hoax and thereby gauge the intelligence or gullibility of another person?

On literally the same plane of thought, with no deviation but for the side of the debate I'm on, I could apply your cutting remarks directly to your claims that there is a major hoax to hide the shape of the world.

Be careful doling out insults my friend, they can be a double-edge sword.

In the very end, it is for each individual to decide what side of the fence of reality they come down on, and how loudly to campaign for our beliefs. We must be able to interpret not only the evidence given to us by either side, but also the manner with which someone presents it to us- often, that's as clear an indicator of truth as any data itself.

The loudest man in the room isn't always the smartest.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:37:03 PM by Disgraced_Shield »

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:31 AM »
On what authority do you claim ...
None. 

The loudest man in the room isn't always the smartest.
Indeed.  This place is proof. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8