Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Moon landing and wires
« on: November 28, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
I've seen a lot of posts saying there was evidence that wires were being used. I'm really not sure how any of these videos would make you believe that wires are in use. So please, prove me wrong with a nice, clear video that shows wires.
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

LoveScience

Re: Moon landing and wires
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 11:49:24 PM »
Understandably perhaps no replies here so far. I can see what you are getting at but we've got enough to chat about regarding the FET without bringing the Moon landings into question.  That's another discussion for another place I would have thought.

For the record though I agree with the OP.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 03:24:39 AM »
I've seen a lot of posts saying there was evidence that wires were being used. I'm really not sure how any of these videos would make you believe that wires are in use. So please, prove me wrong with a nice, clear video that shows wires.

Really, the only videos that are claiming wires exist show a brief (like 1-2 frame) flash above the astronaut. Hint hint: these flashes always appear above the antenna on the back of the spacesuit. In fact, whenever there is a flash above the astronaut (at the top of the frame), the antenna also flashes. This is evidence that it isn't a wire, just a reflection caused by sunlight hitting off of the antenna. There are no other good claims for wires that I've seen.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »
Most of the claims about wires I’ve seen are about ISS footage, but it’s always vague supposition, never any strong evidence from anyone who actual has any expertise in analysing this sort of footage.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"