Offline Lord Dave

  • *
  • Posts: 7690
  • Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Get a haircut, you hippie!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2024, 09:12:45 PM »
I believe the state is required to put the alternative school in his area and not force people to move. There can be multiple grade levels in a classroom, or there can even be no classroom. There are often options for the student to complete most of the work in packets at home, with occasional meet with their teacher, or occasional proctored test. There are ways to put alternative schools in the student's area cheaply without the full infrastructure of a traditional school, meeting the education needs of students with disciplinary issues, allowing them to get their accredited High School diploma.

Yes and no.
The law seems to make the case of "may" and not "shall" for alternate education.  Suspension, howeverz is a 'shall' for getting the missed course work.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.