If the earth is flat why does Australia need radio telescopes like "the dish"in Parkes NSW?
Wouldn't you just need one on earth to point anywhere in the sky?

Do they not point at parts of space not able to be viewed by other continents?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Why does Australia need huge radio telescopes like "the dish" ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
If the earth is flat why does Australia need radio telescopes like "the dish"in Parkes NSW?
Wouldn't you just need one on earth to point anywhere in the sky?

Do they not point at parts of space not able to be viewed by other continents?
I could really put my foot in it and say it's much worse that just the "the Dish" at Parkes and the "Australia Telescope Compact Array" at Narrabri,

we have the "Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex".

Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
Yes, much worse because, though it is run by the Australian CSIRO, a lot of its work is for NASA.
Its main purpose is communication with deep space missions (though originally the Apollo Missions) when the other tracking stations (in the California, United States and in Madrid, Spain) are "facing the wrong way". Yes, why is this necessary on a flat earth?

;D ;D Amazing the trouble and expense NASA goes to to cover up the "Flat Earth". These FEers must really feel so important being some of "the few"!  ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »
Yeah sorry my knowledge of other csiro telescopes in Australia is limited.

I had the pleasure of visiting the DISH in February. It was amazing.  i plan to make a road trip to the other dish which was involved in aiding the Apollo missions.

So the answer is yes? Australia can view different points in space?

The NASA cover up seems to get more epic the more you dig. If you look at it that way. I don't see how that is possible considering the amount of people that are involved.But that's only my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:16:35 PM by Integrity82 »

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:33:19 PM »
The NASA cover up seems to get more epic the more you dig. If you look at it that way. I don't see how that is possible considering the amount of people that are involved.But that's only my opinion.
And it is an opinion that also matches reality.  There's no way they could sustain a cover-up when most of the people they employ don't even belong to them. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Setec Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »
And it is an opinion that also matches reality.  There's no way they could sustain a cover-up when most of the people they employ don't even belong to them.
Knowledge is extremely compartmentalized in "government" works. None are much aware of anything outside the limited scope of their job responsibilities.

İntikam

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
Take care about these sattelites:

See the orbit: South, North, wes, east. All of the sattelites turning around the earth. TThe world is flat so you can watch the televizion from everywhere.

Look the channels on 24 hours/7 days. If is it a globe, it is impossible you see the signal of sattelite when it is on the opposite side of the earth.

Signals are weak on Australia because it is far away from the other countries of the world and sattelites usually  near on the others.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:44:34 PM by İntikam »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 11:16:09 PM »
May I assume from your post above that you believe in BOTH a flat earth AND satellites?  If so, that will be unusual among flat earthers, which is why I ask.  Want to be sure I'm understanding correctly.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 01:05:11 AM »

See the orbit: South, North, wes, east. All of the sattelites turning around the earth. TThe world is flat so you can watch the televizion from everywhere.

Look the channels on 24 hours/7 days. If is it a globe, it is impossible you see the signal of sattelite when it is on the opposite side of the earth.

Signals are weak on Australia because it is far away from the other countries of the world and sattelites usually  near on the others.

Oh don't be silly, TV satellite dishes in Australia look like this -------->>>>>>

There are some base stations like the one below for the uplink to the relevant satellite:

Optus' satellite earth station facility in Belrose, Sydney

Not like this massive "Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex" at Tidbinbilla!  -------->>>>>>.

This is used for communication with NASA deep space missions, when the other tracking stations (in the California, United States and in Madrid, Spain) are "facing the wrong way".

Yes, I know a little about . I have at least been there and know it exists!

Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex

Come on learn a little bit about the subject before say such silly things.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:33:07 AM »

Map that on google earth. They are going in orbit in a north to south pattern. DUH!
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

İntikam

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 06:07:31 AM »
May I assume from your post above that you believe in BOTH a flat earth AND satellites?  If so, that will be unusual among flat earthers, which is why I ask.  Want to be sure I'm understanding correctly.

They usually refute the sattelites. But that depends on the route of the sattelites and the place of them. I'm thinking that "some of" sattelites are exist but not on a place estimated. And most of them aren't exist specially NASA and ESA sattelites aren't exist. But tv sattelites are exist because money opens every kind of door.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:30 AM »

Most satellites used for broadcast are in a geostationary orbit.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »

They usually refute the sattelites. But that depends on the route of the sattelites and the place of them. I'm thinking that "some of" sattelites are exist but not on a place estimated. And most of them aren't exist specially NASA and ESA sattelites aren't exist. But tv sattelites are exist because money opens every kind of door.
What holds the satellites up in your theory? Why don't they come crashing back down to your flat earth?

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 03:34:34 AM »

What holds the satellites up in your theory? Why don't they come crashing back down to your flat earth?

Hopes and dreams hold the satellites up. Plastering on a little bullshit helps too in case the hopes and dreams start to fall apart.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 03:57:51 AM »

Hopes and dreams hold the satellites up. Plastering on a little bullshit helps too in case the hopes and dreams start to fall apart.
I guess you need a lot of that trying to prop up the FE model. Try explaining moon phases and eclipses without lots of it!

geckothegeek

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »

I guess you need a lot of that trying to prop up the FE model. Try explaining moon phases and eclipses without lots of it!

Two of my favorites.
(1) Try explaining the FE map.
(2) Try explaining the FE horizon.

I also have visited Mc Donald Observatory in Texas. I suppose they are a part of the conspiracy.
They also have connections with The University  Of Texas. Hook 'em Horns !
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:16:58 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
Knowledge is extremely compartmentalized in "government" works. None are much aware of anything outside the limited scope of their job responsibilities.

If Bill Clinton could not even cover up a blow job and Nixon couldn't cover up a break in, how on earth would you expect NASA to be able to 'pretend' to have landed men on the moon, sent spaceships to the outer reaches of our solar system, and have satellites such as the ISS zooming around the earth ??  I worked out over a million people around the world would need to be on the NASA coverup payroll to hide a supposed flat earth!! And who paid the Ancient Greeks and people like Copernicus, Keppler, Brahe, Galileo and Halley and Hubble to push the spherical earth theory? All lived and died before NASA was formed in 1958? What was their reason for lying to us??

Astronomers have known that the earth is a sphere for over 2500 years ... you have on one hand a beautiful theory which completely explains every observation which can be made, which can be used to make predictions such as planet transits, solar eclipses etc and which doesn't rely on changing the laws of physics or inventions of "ice walls", "shadow objects", "domes" or "gears", yet for some reason there is a bunch of people who think they know more than all of the astronomers who ever lived!!

Anyone can repeat Eratosthenes method of calculating the circumference of the earth, sit on the beach and watch a yacht go over the horizon, travel to the Antarctic and the south pole, and buy a telescope and use it !!

And why a big coverup??? What is the point??? Why lie to us about the shape of the earth?? What advantages would that have over allowing everyone to "know" the real shape??

And ... if people can make globes of the earth to scale for anyone to buy for their study, why can't the flat earthers make a map which accurately represents the correct shape and dimensions of every country, continent and ocean?? If the earth is really flat this should be one of the easiest things to do !! Much easier than creating flat maps for a spherical earth !! You can't even agree between yourselves which of your maps is correct !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!