Dual1ty

Re: Aliens!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 02:50:24 PM »
Huge news.

But don't worry, the Earth is still a ball revolving around the Sun because the aliens came through a wormhole from their own ball planet & heliocentric system located billions of light years away.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 06:41:22 PM »
I want to hook up with a space babe as much as anyone but there are no aliens.
There's no such thing as an 'earth-like' planet.
All the data we have about exoplanets shows our cosmos is an inhospitable sewer. The Drake equation with solve showing one civilization per galaxy.

Aliens aren't real but they do make awesome clickbait

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 06:44:04 PM »
All the data we have about exoplanets shows our cosmos is an inhospitable sewer. The Drake equation with solve showing one civilization per galaxy.

Thats contradictory.

How can it be 1 civilization per galaxy but no aliens?  There's trillions of galaxies!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 07:09:31 PM »

This kind of thinking is too reliant on the assumption that we know how everything works. What if they're from another dimension or time?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 07:15:41 PM »
The Guardian is now reporting on this, which means it's now far and beyond the darkest corners of the internet.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/06/whistleblower-ufo-alien-tech-spacecraft

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 08:41:27 PM »
Prove it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 08:48:30 PM »
This kind of thinking is too reliant on the assumption that we know how everything works. What if they're from another dimension or time?
What does that even mean? This isn't Star Trek.

It's certainly plausible that there's life out there. Whether it's intelligent life...well, given the size of the universe it's possible.
I always raise an eyebrow at anyone who says there's definitely intelligent life out there or definitely isn't, the truth is we don't know. Any numbers we plug into the Drake equation are largely guesswork. But it seems most likely to me that even if there are "little green men" out there, they're too far away to visit us or we them. If Einstein was right about the speed of light being the universal speed limit.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 11:58:12 PM »
While I'm not going to remove posts arguing about the existence of aliens, I don't see it as entirely relevant to the topic. While you are all free to have personal opinions on aliens, it does not affect whether or not they exist. I wanted to focus mainly on the recent new regarding several whistleblowers and what could be an actual Congressional investigation.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2023, 02:06:48 AM »
In the spirit of keeping the debate focused, I would like to posit that these types of government incidents have gone on for a long time.
Like the Roswell incident...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_incident
Or this guy...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

We just now have the ability to generate that type of content in quantities never imagined before. Anybody can be a former government engineer who worked on UFOs or even a Time traveler.

And to quickly address some other points, interdimensional space chicks don't count, that is too close to imaginary.
I would allow for the existence of a single civilization in another galaxy but that's so far away, fuck them.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2023, 04:49:55 AM »
Having not clicked much...

Could be human origins but half a million years ago.  Like an ancient civilization that was blasted back to the stone age.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 05:19:58 AM »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If this guy is willing to go to the media with his story, why isn't he willing to share with them the evidence that he's supposedly giving to Congress?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2023, 02:16:48 PM »
DISCLOSURE IS HAPPENING!

People in the UFO circles have been yelling about this shit happening for the past few years now. And yeah, Bob Lazar is allegedly also a whistleblower but he sucks tbh and people in the UFO circles don't even care for him. I definitely believe there has been a disinformation campaign happening. I've read Dr. Hynek's book and he was essentially brought into the Project Blue Book to be a debunker but eventually changed his opinions. He mentioned the Air Force always pushed the narrative they didn't exist and they eventually swapped him out with other project leads.

But this guy has just talked to high ranking people about these crafts? He's never actually seen it himself? Idk how much can come from this one.

It might be too "imaginary" but wouldn't that be how a lot of things seemed before they were scientifically proven? We are simple meat bags, it's very arrogant to assume we know (or can ever know) how everything works when our senses and the way we interact with the world are basic as hell. I mean fuck, medical science can't even figure out what causes endometriosis lol. But it is pointless to discuss anything like that particularly with this group of people.

Dual1ty

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »
People in the UFO circles have been yelling about this shit happening for the past few years now. And yeah, Bob Lazar is allegedly also a whistleblower but he sucks tbh and people in the UFO circles don't even care for him.

What? That's not true, I love Bob and so do many others. His story remains consistent even now after all the years.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 02:29:59 PM »
People in the UFO circles have been yelling about this shit happening for the past few years now. And yeah, Bob Lazar is allegedly also a whistleblower but he sucks tbh and people in the UFO circles don't even care for him.

What? That's not true, I love Bob and so do many others. His story remains consistent even now after all the years.
General opinion is that he's a grifter who lies about everything and has done more harm than good. Some people do believe him but at the very least he is extremely divisive and I feel like you'd know that if you actually had an interest in this stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/c4r0lw/whats_the_deal_with_bob_lazar/
https://www.reddit.com/r/mystery/comments/sqt2ai/is_bob_lazar_full_of_shit_his_interesting_stories/
https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/12vnead/what_do_people_here_think_of_bob_lazar/

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 02:32:31 PM »
This isn't related directly to the Grusch whistleblower case but the timing is funny. NASA Streamed AARO's public meeting on UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena).

Dual1ty

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 02:33:08 PM »

General opinion is that he's a grifter who lies about everything and has done more harm than good. Some people do believe him but at the very least he is extremely divisive and I feel like you'd know that if you actually had an interest in this stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/c4r0lw/whats_the_deal_with_bob_lazar/
https://www.reddit.com/r/mystery/comments/sqt2ai/is_bob_lazar_full_of_shit_his_interesting_stories/
https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/12vnead/what_do_people_here_think_of_bob_lazar/

Reddit is a UFO circle now?? You can't be serious.

Not to mention that pretty much any general opinions on Reddit are wrong.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:40:33 PM by Dual1ty »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 07:15:00 PM »

This is just 21st century geocentrism.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 08:25:49 PM »

This is just 21st century geocentrism.

Really until we've actually seen some kind of proof they exist aliens are nothing better than speculative fiction.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023, 02:34:44 AM »
They released the full interview (you have to have a cable TV sub to watch it...)

It was garbage. Roughly an hour of a man saying other men told him they saw aliens. He even started saying humanity had agreements with aliens. He also said the evil mean bad aliens are allied with Russia and China. Really funny stuff.

Disappointing. I wanted some hot sexy aliens and all I got was some dude telling me "trust me bro, aliens".