Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #840 on: September 17, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
How many people currently have co morbidities in America? Many millions. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. People with these afflictions that get covid and die in short order? Covid could well be a contributing factor in their early death. If you have a bad heart but take care of yourself, you can live for years. But if some anti masking covid infected muppet coughs at you, that could be the death blow as it pushes you over the edge

Lets hope someone like that crosses your path. Karma needs to give you a swift kick up the arse
Tom's distain for the old and ill is somewhat disturbing.
Is this what Republicans are generally like?

The only people Republicans hate more than liberals is themselves.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #841 on: September 17, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »
Quote from: Tom Bishop
okay libs, so you're saying AIDS is a deadly disease, yet all these so-called AIDS deaths list pneumonia as the primary cause of death?????????? wow doctors must all be liars and HIV is harmless.

how do you not understand how primary/secondary causes of death work
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:26:19 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #842 on: September 17, 2021, 02:11:41 PM »
Tom doesn't understand how anything works. Does he not even know what the acronym to AIDS is? Holy s&@t...

Rama Set

« Reply #843 on: September 17, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
Who is going to tell Tom that a gun shot wouldn’t be listed as the primary cause of death if someone gets shot through the heart?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 17, 2021, 03:05:33 PM »
Who is going to tell Tom that a gun shot wouldn’t be listed as the primary cause of death if someone gets shot through the heart?
Probably the same people who would count it as a gunshot death when offering up their feeble rhetoric concerning "WE NEED TO CONTROL YOUR GUNS!"
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 17, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
Probably the same people who would count it as a gunshot death when offering up their feeble rhetoric concerning "WE NEED TO CONTROL YOUR GUNS!"
, he said, unironically.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 17, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »
So... Doctors?
I mean, it is a gunshot death, but the bullet wasn't the cause of death, just the contributing factor.
Kinda like suffocation would be the primary cause of death if I strangle you while strangulation would be the contributing factor and it would be considered a murder.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #847 on: September 17, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
I see you haven’t been able to ignore me. I’m flattered.

It is a gunshot death. This is how it works. The bullet or disease causes damage to the body which leads to a loss of function so severe it can not continue to live.

An anvil dropping on the head? Cause of death would be bone fractures and organ damage, not “anvil on head”.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 17, 2021, 04:41:46 PM »
Tom doesn't understand how anything works. Does he not even know what the acronym to AIDS is? Holy s&@t...

Of course he does. He just doesn't always think through the shit he's spewing while he's trolling. It makes for some humorous faux pas' from time to time, like that time he asserted that if a physicist says something it must be true after over a decade of nothing but attempts to discredit everything every physicist has ever said regarding the shape of the Earth.

But I guess you guys just enjoy the banter or something, who knows what motivates y'all to keep feeding such an obvious troll?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 17, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »

Of course he does. He just doesn't always think through the shit he's spewing while he's trolling. It makes for some humorous faux pas' from time to time, like that time he asserted that if a physicist says something it must be true after over a decade of nothing but attempts to discredit everything every physicist has ever said regarding the shape of the Earth.

But I guess you guys just enjoy the banter or something, who knows what motivates y'all to keep feeding such an obvious troll?

The forum would probably die if we stopped feeding all the trolls.

Rama Set

« Reply #850 on: September 17, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »
irc is killing the forum

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 17, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Tom, are you vaccinated?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2021, 05:13:16 AM »
Tom, are you vaccinated?

He takes Hydroxychloroquine and Vitamin C, D, and Zinc.
Why would he need vaccination?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 18, 2021, 05:33:37 AM »
Does anyone here actively worry about whether or not another person is vaccinated against measles or the flu?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2021, 08:04:38 AM »
Does anyone here actively worry about whether or not another person is vaccinated against measles or the flu?

Flu, no.
Measles, yes...now.  thanks for putting that shit in my head and making me remember the case in texas...

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/first-measles-case-2-decades-reported-austin-texas-n1106636

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/IDCU/disease/measles/Measles-2019.aspx

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2021, 08:25:57 AM »
From NPR News
3 Tourists Allegedly Attacked A Hostess Who Asked For Vaccine Proof At A Restaurant https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/17/1038392877/new-york-tourists-attack-hostess-restaurant-vaccine?sc=18&f=1001

Basically 3 Texas women got asked for proof of vaccination at a restaurant in New York City.
They got mad and proceeded to beat the hostess doing her job.

Guessing they're Anti-Vaxxers.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 19, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »
Definition of vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
As soon as one is available, I can deal with it.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 19, 2021, 10:21:29 AM »
Definition of vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Ok, troll bait:
What part of the above definition is not part of the currently available vaccines?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2021, 10:35:29 AM »

Ok, troll bait:
What part of the above definition is not part of the currently available vaccines?
I believe that is a question you can answer for yourself, okay troll bait?

Rama Set

« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »
Imagine getting medical advice from a dictionary instead of a doctor.