Thork

Re: "Planned Parenthood"
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
wow.  i hate you even more now than i did like 20 seconds ago.  jesus christ.
I have no idea who you are. Have you been at this site long? I nothing you. :-\

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 07:57:19 PM »
They are also forbidden by law to sell human bodies for profit, but the law does not seem to stop them from doing that, now does it?

i see that you still haven't looked up the definitions of "gross" and "net."

here's an example: i'm bob, and i sell apples.  it costs me $1 to grow and pick an apple from my orchard.  alice comes to me and says, "hey, i'll buy a bunch of apples from you for $0.75."  i tell alice that that isn't enough money: "i fucking love it when people have abortions eat apples, though, so i'll be a super cool dude and sell them to you at cost for $1 each, that way i don't lose any money providing you with the abortions apples we all love so much.  lol maybe i'll buy a labmbo with all my apples cash huh alice???"

this is the part where you come in and for some reason assert that bob is negotiating the price of apples to buy lambos with all his profits because you don't know the difference between gross and net income or apparently how finances work.

You do realize that the abortion had already been paid for, government subsidy money collected, etc. well before selling the resulting fetus and haggling over the price, right?  You make it sound like they have to sell fetuses in order to afford to pay for the abortions.  :-\

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:32 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why does it seem like everyone assume that Planned Parenthood's sole function is to perform abortions?  From what I understand, abortions are only around 6% of their business.  Most of the rest is women's healthcare, STD testing, contraception and education.

Just because they might pass out 20 pamphlets or condoms for every abortion they perform doesn't take away the fact that their primary business is abortion.
Since when is 3% of what you do considered your primary business?  BTW, you do realize that Planned Parenthood is forbidden by law to use government funds to perform abortions, don't you?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/04/how-planned-parenthood-actually-uses-its-federal-funding/

For Planned Parenthood abortion stats, ‘3 percent’ and ’94 percent’ are both misleading
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:28:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »
You do realize that the abortion had already been paid for, government subsidy money collected, etc. well before selling the resulting fetus and haggling over the price, right?  You make it sound like they have to sell fetuses in order to afford to pay for the abortions.  :-\

fair enough, i should have said "fetuses" and not "abortion" in my jokey strikethroughs.  i still don't see what's so hard to understand about gross vs net income.

biologists want fetal tissue.  planned parenthood can produce and distribute fetal tissue for a cost.  biologists offer to pay for the cost of production in exchange for fetal tissue.  this is, operationally, sort of the definition of a non-profit firm.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »
Thork has a good point here, too.

Thork

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »
Thork has a good point here, too.
Quoted to be preserved for all time.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 09:51:23 AM »
You'll still be alive to see it. America will be a very different land when white people aren't the majority any more. You'll be out voted on every election.

I wasn't aware that "White" was one of the major parties in the US.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »
If you're opposed to abortion because it's murder, then why would you allow it in cases of rape or incest? it isn't the 'child's' fault they were conceived in such a shitty way. If abortion is murder, then it's murder full stop. Allowing it in the case of rape is just a means of punishing the woman for having sex that you don't approve of.
I didn't rule out rape. ???

Yes in extreme cases like foetal abnormality or rape you can see an argument

Thork, the population of humans is close to 8 billion. I think we can survive a birth-rate of 1.4 for a few years.
That is because you are shit at maths. Only 9% of people on earth are white. We've had a birth rate like that for nearly 60 years. The population halves every two generations at that rate. Other places are not halving their birth rates. So in two generations white people will be around 4%.

O noes! The future won't be as white as it is now. Forgive me if I fail to panic.

Thork

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
You'll still be alive to see it. America will be a very different land when white people aren't the majority any more. You'll be out voted on every election.

It is called "Republican".

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
I think state funding is a different issue from federal funding. The whole point of states is to represent a smaller subset of the population, to better suit their needs and wants. If the population of a state, in general, doesn't mind funding abortion why is it a problem?
If that's the case, that's more or less fine by me.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 01:29:31 PM »

Putting aside the fact that my IQ dropped about 50 points from reading that post, a Democrat is currently sitting in the White House. It seems to me like "white people" are already being outvoted, so your hysteria is misplaced.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:31:56 PM by Parsifal »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
Restricting my analysis to just the two major American parties, all non-white candidates in the current presidential race are Republicans.

Checkmate, atheists.

Thork

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »

Putting aside the fact that my IQ dropped about 50 points from reading that post, a Democrat is currently sitting in the White House. It seems to me like "white people" are already being outvoted, so your hysteria is misplaced.
It has begun!  :o

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »

Yeah, about 186 years ago when the first Democratic President was elected. White America didn't last very long, did it?

Thork

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »

Yeah, about 186 years ago when the first Democratic President was elected. White America didn't last very long, did it?
Democratic party wasn't always the black party. The split used to be between people who liked country music and those who liked rock music. Now it is country vs rap.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:00 PM »
Democratic party wasn't always the black party. The split used to be between people who liked country music and those who liked rock music. Now it is country vs rap.

Yes, Thork, that's exactly it. Everyone in America is bisected by a line with white Republican country fans on one side and non-white Democratic rappers on the other. That's why there are no white rappers, no black Republicans and no Democratic country musicians.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:16:24 PM by Parsifal »

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »

How interesting it would be to believe,
the ideas you take as canonical.
I suppose I just can't perceive,
life though a Thork-tinted monocle.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 05:12:43 PM »
Parsifal got trooolllled

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »
A few days old, obviously, but:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/254181-house-votes-to-freeze-funding-for-planned-parenthood

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/254458-senate-gop-starts-fast-track-on-bill-to-block-planned-parenthood

What exactly will cutting off Planned Parenthood's federal funding do to the abortion rate?  It certainly won't reduce it, and in fact will most likely increase it - which is something that members of Congress would definitely know, seeing how they're the ones responsible for giving Planned Parenthood federal funding and telling them what they can or can't do with it.  It's almost as if the GOP don't really care about their pro-life base's values at all, only their votes.  Otherwise, why bother with superficial but unhelpful political stunts like this?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »
According to Republicans, they're not doing this for pro-life reasons at all. Indeed, many of them suggested moving the funds to other women's health organisations. That might be related to the fact that the move doesn't seem to have much to do with pro-life beliefs.

In fact, the sources that most prominently claim that this move has anything to do with the pro-choice vs pro-life debate appear to be very Democratic in their nature, with the Fair and Balanced™ CNN spearheading the efforts. How very peculiar that they'd be so quick to decide what's going on in the Republicans' minds.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:27:52 PM by SexWarrior »