explanation? please
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »
since my last "quality post" was taken as a joke, can someone seriously explain satellite images and 24/7 live ISS video?

devils advocate

Re: explanation? please
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:26:33 AM »
since my last "quality post" was taken as a joke, can someone seriously explain satellite images and 24/7 live ISS video?

When you check the wiki and other answers to this question when it has been asked the answer tends to be that they are faked.

"All evidence from space that proves round earth must be faked because earth is flat"

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »
wow, saying it's fake because the earth is flat is like saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people, so that shooting wasn't a gun death"

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »
wow, saying it's fake because the earth is flat is like saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people, so that shooting wasn't a gun death"

I think you should look up how analogies work...

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
So if Earth is flat are all the other planets in our solar system also flat? What about the moons and the Sun?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
God never called jack squat "planets". There is

Genesis 1:14
Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

He did use the word "stars"

Psalm 8:3   
"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;"

So forget this planet stuff. The sun and moon are lights, one for day and one for night. Yes they are round and appear flat since we see only one side.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

devils advocate

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »

Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;"

So forget this planet stuff. The sun and moon are lights, one for day and one for night. Yes they are round and appear flat since we see only one side.

Isn't it convenient that when god created the universe he was good enough to speak English.....especially as the people who wrote his words down didn't speak it, in fact no-one on earth at that time would have understood the bible words you just quoted.........highlights the futility of trying to use the bible as proof of anything other than what MANKIND at the time wanted people to believe.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »

Isn't it convenient that when god created the universe he was good enough to speak English.....especially as the people who wrote his words down didn't speak it, in fact no-one on earth at that time would have understood the bible words you just quoted.........highlights the futility of trying to use the bible as proof of anything other than what MANKIND at the time wanted people to believe.

Funny you should post that DA.

I was looking through some of the other threads with quotes from the scriptures and I thought hang on a minute!! Now these were reputedly words from God, remembered then written down later by various people at different times. This all took place in the Middle East thousands of years ago and were then translated from the original languages into various languages, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic etc. The new testament was written down, again from passed on stories in various languages and sometimes many years after the events. Early English translations were in the 14 Century and there have been many alterations and variations since the first translations, with the longest and most adopted version being the second King James Bible. So which version is J-Man quoting from and has he seen the original manuscripts and can confirm from his own knowledge of the original languages, that each word of the layers of translation is actually correct? Has he indeed actually heard the word of God?

Roger

devils advocate

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
Haha Roger, I think J-man hears the words of J-man! Same problems exist with any biblical references; who are they actually quoting? Probably not the real creator of the universe! :D