Thork

Return of the Messiah!
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »
Well it looks like a virgin birth has occurred and Christ's second coming is upon us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25787757

It is reported the other nuns at the convent were 'surprised' that their colleague gave birth. The nun also claims to be surprised to be pregnant. As you would be, being a Catholic nun and celibate and all.

Nice that lots of people have collected baby things for her. Hopefully God will be paying child support and not shirking his responsibilities for impregnating his staff.

Inb4 Spanner and a never ending stream of nuns in latex.  >:(

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Messiah!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:08:06 PM »
Unless your baby is really small or you think you're getting fat, I can't imagine how you can not notice you're pregnant.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
I've never understood this either. No period for 9 months would be a bit of a clue. Kicking from the baby. Large firm stomach. Its not very plausible when women say this.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
...Not again. "I swear Joseph, I didn't cheat... there was an angel and everything!"
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
I've never understood this either. No period for 9 months would be a bit of a clue. Kicking from the baby. Large firm stomach. Its not very plausible when women say this.
I'd believe it if she was obese. Your period can get all wonky then and you have plenty of fat to cover up the expanding belly. Not all babies kick a lot. She is probably lying though because she does not know who the father is.

Thork

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
I'd believe it if she was obese. Your period can get all wonky then and you have plenty of fat to cover up the expanding belly. Not all babies kick a lot. She is probably lying though because she does not know who the father is.
Are you suggesting its not an immaculate conception?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

Or does know, but doesn't want to say because she's supposed to be celibate?

Of course she's lying. I mean damn.

Thork

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
Of course she's lying.
So now you're saying not only does she go around fucking random guys, but she also tells lies? She's a pretty terrible nun.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
Of course she's lying.
So now you're saying not only does she go around fucking random guys, but she also tells lies? She's a pretty terrible nun.
Well, she is catholic.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »
Of course she's lying.

You don't say.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
Unless your baby is really small or you think you're getting fat, I can't imagine how you can not notice you're pregnant.

It is possible to not know you're pregnant.  They have a documentary series titled "I didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Although I agree with Blanko.  Either she slept around and lied about it, or she was raped and never told anyone.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 03:55:05 PM »

It is possible to not know you're pregnant.  They have a documentary series titled "I didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Although I agree with Blanko.  Either she slept around and lied about it, or she was raped and never told anyone.

Clearly not by a priest. She was sexually mature and female. Two strikes.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »

No, immaculate conception doesn't refer to the virgin birth of Christ, but that Mary was conceived without original sin.

Thork

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »

No, immaculate conception doesn't refer to the virgin birth of Christ, but that Mary was conceived without original sin.
No, you're gonna have to run that by me again.

Rama Set

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »
I think I read somewhere that a virgin birth may be possible, theoretically.

I also saw it on House.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
If she breaks her hymen in some nontraditional way and then some semen just accidentally slips in there, yes, it is possible.  This came up on Picket Fences once too.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
If she breaks her hymen in some nontraditional way and then some semen just accidentally slips in there, yes, it is possible.  This came up on Picket Fences once too.
Like a semen soaked tampon?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »

Plausible!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »

Plausible!
But isn't a woman's fertile time between periods and not during?