Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
The Republic of Ireland pilots hydrogen-powered buses
« on: July 13, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »
Bus Éireann is trialling three new hydrogen-fuelled double-decker buses on some Dublin bus routes.

The plan is to closely monitor how they operate to learn as much as possible about where and how they can be best used and examine how operational and carbon savings can be best made.

I haven't heard much about hydrogen fuel in a while, so this is interesting. I'm curious to see where it leads.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic of Ireland pilots hydrogen-powered buses
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:51:45 PM »
I'll be curious to see what the costs end up being, if the H fuel has come down to anywhere near fossil fuels or electric. The only place I thought it was feasible was iceland, because it was so much easier/cheaper for them to separate the hydrogen. But the numbers for those were from like ten years ago, which was the last time I looked into it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic of Ireland pilots hydrogen-powered buses
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:46 AM »
The biggest pain with hudrogen is storage.  Those things need to be thick and heavy or you'll get hydrogen leakage.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.