Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Very simple question for flat earthers
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »
Baby Thork,

Is the Flat Earth Society a conspiracy group (like the Illuminati); that exists for reasons for profit and embezzlement of funds into the pockets of high ranking FES members?
TFES is not for profit. No money is made. The only money taken goes directly to cafe-press if you want a T-shirt or something (people request this a lot) and as a public service we make them available, but at zero mark up. TFES costs the administrators of this site. No one has ever made a penny from it.

- Flat Earther and rapper B.o.B. crowdfunded $1 million via GoFundMe to launch a satellite to see if he could detect for himself the curvature of the Earth. How do we know exactly where this money is going?
B.o.B. isn't a member of the flat earth society. Maybe he's using the money to buy diamond studded underpants ... but that is him as an individual and not TFES.

- For this years Flat Earth conference, full access tickets cost up to $349 (for a VIP ticket) to $299 (for only a 2-day pass). Where is all of this money going? Full access tickets to DisneyLand / DisneyWorld cost less than this.
Again, this is not the flat earth society. Personally I'd avoid these charlatans at all cost unless you have a morbid curiosity and are happy to set fire to your money.   

- "Mad Mike" Hughes is trying to raise capital through promotion of his steam-powered rocket and exploratory efforts to proven FE. How do we know that he isn't just going to pocket all of this money or squander all of this money for himself? Seems kind of fishy to me.
Mad Mike Hughes is 2 cogs short of a celestial gear and is going to boil himself to death, live on CNN. Again, not the flat earth society. Just a lunatic.

- FE Society exists to try and keep people like you and me from thinking they can go to space. If they have us believing that space travel is not possible, than FE believers will keep buying FE stuff and they will keep spending money to go to the FE conferences.
Again the flat earth society isn't making money. When an Indian tech scammer rings you up and says "Hello, I'm from Microsoft and we have detected you have a wirus on your dextop, and to fix it, do one simple thing. Send me your mastercard or Wisa details" do you assume that money goes to Microsoft?

- Some FE say that there exists pictures of the Antarctic Ice Wall. This has to be fakery and done with CGI graphics. They likely faked the picture of the Ice Wall in a studio, with paid actors, or they faked this in a backyard setting in Canada or Alaska.
Everyone is in agreement that there is an Antarctic ice wall. The question is does it wrap around into a continent or does it wrap around the edge of the world.

- Flat Earthers are simply mistaken about the shape of the Earth and think that it is Flat because that's what they assume it to be.
Well I could say the same about Round Earthers.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 05:58:11 PM »
Baby Thork,

Is the Flat Earth Society a conspiracy group (like the Illuminati); that exists for reasons for profit and embezzlement of funds into the pockets of high ranking FES members?
TFES is not for profit. No money is made. The only money taken goes directly to cafe-press if you want a T-shirt or something (people request this a lot) and as a public service we make them available, but at zero mark up. TFES costs the administrators of this site. No one has ever made a penny from it.

- Flat Earther and rapper B.o.B. crowdfunded $1 million via GoFundMe to launch a satellite to see if he could detect for himself the curvature of the Earth. How do we know exactly where this money is going?
B.o.B. isn't a member of the flat earth society. Maybe he's using the money to buy diamond studded underpants ... but that is him as an individual and not TFES.

- For this years Flat Earth conference, full access tickets cost up to $349 (for a VIP ticket) to $299 (for only a 2-day pass). Where is all of this money going? Full access tickets to DisneyLand / DisneyWorld cost less than this.
Again, this is not the flat earth society. Personally I'd avoid these charlatans at all cost unless you have a morbid curiosity and are happy to set fire to your money.   

- "Mad Mike" Hughes is trying to raise capital through promotion of his steam-powered rocket and exploratory efforts to proven FE. How do we know that he isn't just going to pocket all of this money or squander all of this money for himself? Seems kind of fishy to me.
Mad Mike Hughes is 2 cogs short of a celestial gear and is going to boil himself to death, live on CNN. Again, not the flat earth society. Just a lunatic.

- FE Society exists to try and keep people like you and me from thinking they can go to space. If they have us believing that space travel is not possible, than FE believers will keep buying FE stuff and they will keep spending money to go to the FE conferences.
Again the flat earth society isn't making money. When an Indian tech scammer rings you up and says "Hello, I'm from Microsoft and we have detected you have a wirus on your dextop, and to fix it, do one simple thing. Send me your mastercard or Wisa details" do you assume that money goes to Microsoft?

- Some FE say that there exists pictures of the Antarctic Ice Wall. This has to be fakery and done with CGI graphics. They likely faked the picture of the Ice Wall in a studio, with paid actors, or they faked this in a backyard setting in Canada or Alaska.
Everyone is in agreement that there is an Antarctic ice wall. The question is does it wrap around into a continent or does it wrap around the edge of the world.

- Flat Earthers are simply mistaken about the shape of the Earth and think that it is Flat because that's what they assume it to be.
Well I could say the same about Round Earthers.

Any comment on my response to you here: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9082.msg143298#msg143298 ?

I can't help but notice you skipped right over responding to it for some reason.
"It's easier to fool people that to convince them that they have been fooled ;^)" — Marcus Aurelius, 180 A.D.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
I have already addresses the credibility of multiple sources in the face of mass delusion, using the miracles of Christ as an example.

Specifically, looking at your sunset shenanigans is wildly off topic, hence the reason I skipped it.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
I have already addresses the credibility of multiple sources in the face of mass delusion, using the miracles of Christ as an example.

Specifically, looking at your sunset shenanigans is wildly off topic, hence the reason I skipped it.

The whole point of those sources is they just list the time the sun rises and sets on a certain day. Are you really suggesting that The Sydney Morning Herald is wrong with what time the sun sets? And no one in a city of 5 million people has ever noticed? I'm in genuine disbelief that someone could think that, that's one of the most easily observable things imaginable. Plus you're not even saying they're just slightly off. The Morning Herald claims the daylight on the solstice lasts for nearly 14 and a half hours while at the very best the FE model can account for 10 of those, so you must think they're nearly 50% off.

Can you imagine if you checked the paper or online when planning a summer BBQ to find out when the sun would set and it set 2 hours before hand? You'd think it was the end of days. Ok, now imagine the entire southern hemisphere has the potential to do that for 6 months out of the year. Unless your stance is no one south of the equator owns a clock, I just don't understand how you could fool yourself into believing that. You don't seriously believe that this is possible, do you? Is this just a joke?
"It's easier to fool people that to convince them that they have been fooled ;^)" — Marcus Aurelius, 180 A.D.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:10 PM »
The whole point of those sources is they just list the time the sun rises and sets on a certain day. Are you really suggesting that The Sydney Morning Herald is wrong with what time the sun sets? And no one in a city of 5 million people has ever noticed? I'm in genuine disbelief that someone could think that, that's one of the most easily observable things imaginable. Plus you're not even saying they're just slightly off. The Morning Herald claims the daylight on the solstice lasts for nearly 14 and a half hours while at the very best the FE model can account for 10 of those, so you must think they're nearly 50% off.

Can you imagine if you checked the paper or online when planning a summer BBQ to find out when the sun would set and it set 2 hours before hand? You'd think it was the end of days. Ok, now imagine the entire southern hemisphere has the potential to do that for 6 months out of the year. Unless your stance is no one south of the equator owns a clock, I just don't understand how you could fool yourself into believing that. You don't seriously believe that this is possible, do you? Is this just a joke?
Flat earth theory explains why you get longer days. I already linked the chapter in ENaG where it expressly explains this. You are telling us we are making an argument that we aren't making, and then complaining that the argument you put forth makes no sense.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za25.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za49.htm

You are being ignored and passed over because you can't be bothered to even read the basics before you complain about it.

Offline Opeo

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2018, 12:31:13 AM »

Flat earth theory explains why you get longer days. I already linked the chapter in ENaG where it expressly explains this. You are telling us we are making an argument that we aren't making, and then complaining that the argument you put forth makes no sense.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za25.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za49.htm

You are being ignored and passed over because you can't be bothered to even read the basics before you complain about it.

You already linked me that second one and I already read it. It still doesn't come close to explaining why the "spotlight" sun would have look like this to explain the sunrise/sunset times we actually see:

There's just no other geometric way for a spotlight to illuminate the southern hemisphere for >12h a day while keeping the northern hemisphere dark for >12h. Until you can explain that simple fact (which really shouldn't be that hard), you have to accept your model doesn't work and start over with a new one.

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
Inference is a reasonable extension of deductive logic.

The earth is flat.
Authorities tell us it is round.
They must have a reason to lie.
Those reasons are historically money/control related.

What else can one deduce?

This is my biggest problem with the whole "it's a conspiracy thing". How does me thinking the Earth is round give the government any tangible control over me? The shape of the planet doesn't influence my spending, voting, political views. Realistically, the shape of the planet is completely irrelevant to every single person living on it, this way of thinking gives governments absolutely no power over us, no control. If the government came out and admitted the world was flat, people would be pissed that the government lied, then completely move on, no one really cares. You ask a Flat Earther about NASA and ESA etc, their only response is "it's a conspiracy" but when you really look at it, there is no point for there even to be a conspiracy, who cares? There's a reason for the govt to cover up the causes of 9/11, or the Watergate Scandal, or possibly the Kennedy assassination. There is not one single, tangible reason for the government to lie about the shape of our nice little blue marble.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
Sure, there's a reason for such a conspiracy. You just haven't worked out what it is yet.
I was gutted when I saw Mark Sergant's video 'hiding god' as the final in his series. He was so close and then missed. The whole point of the conspiracy is to remove you from God. If you knew how the earth worked, how special it is and its place in the centre of the universe you would see what God is. God is the force, the energy, the thing that created the universe. Not a man with a beard or fairy that grants wishes or a pschyopath that instructs one nation to go to war with another. To understand God and why they hide him you must understand the purpose of religion.

Religion is a blue print for civilisation. All religions share common themes. There is law. Thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal. In Islam they have sharia law. All religious books do. Its a way to keep order. To make people think they are being watched when no one is around and prevent crime. Remember there were no forensics until recently. All religions have praying, songs, worship, kneeling or bowing. Ways of brain washing you into constantly making you think about them (attending church, 5 am prayers whatever) and surrendering to a higher power. They also have a human or organisation between you and God. the pope and Vatican, religious leaders, divine right kings. Religion is used so you obey leaders and follow order.
Religion also provides other things. A reason to make men die for you. Crusades, Jihads etc. It is the elite making you look to them.

New Atheism is a new religion. It is belief based. They believe there is no God. And I find the likes of Richard Dawkins very amusing. He is setting out to disprove God. He wishes to know all the science and hopes it will kill belief in God. But mathematics is god's language. Its the way everything is described. Let there be light has some truth. God did say that. He described it in his own language and it was so. If Richard Dawkins ever discovered how something can be from nothing, the forces that created the universe, do you know what he'd have to call that thing? God. Richard Dawkins can only disprove God by discovering God. The irony is delicious.

Atheism is designed to remove you from organised religion. An illuminati goal for hundreds of years. They don't want your money going there. They want it. Money is power. Atheism is designed to make you feel small and insignificant. you are on one of trillions of planets orbiting trillions of stars on a tiny spec of dust and you are meaningless. Its a horrible religion. It takes hope from the downtrodden, comfort from the bereaved, strength from the sick, justice from those who have been wronged. Its the only religion that takes everything from you and offers nothing in return. If a 5 year old child is dying of cancer and asks "will I see mummy again?" all religions are designed to comfort her ... you will see her in heaven. Atheism tells her she's worm food.

So why the movement to atheism now? Its about replacing God. you are told by shills like Edward Snowden that the state sees everything you do. Tracks your every move, listens to your every phone call, monitors your social media, reads all your e-mails. They claim to be all seeing ... like God. Its actually bollocks. Have you tried using Siri? that dumb thing can't even find me a McDonalds. How is it going to decipher a conversation on a phone. You think the NSA have better technology than Apple, Microsoft, Intel? With hundreds of billions in R&D budget? you think they have better voice recognition from that paltry 'black budget' of theirs? I see things like "They'd need quantum computers to crack encryption so they must have quantum computers". No they don't The NSA out techs Intel when that is all Intel do? Bollocks. They have secret weapons no one knows about that can read thoughts or fly at hypersonic speeds? That one government budget is used to out tech the entire private sector? Its rubbish.
They want you to look to the state as a God. It is omnipotent and it is all powerful (has crazy weapons you can only imagine).
Below is a video from the 60's when they were trying out subliminal messages on the public in America. Note the subliminal message at about 40 seconds in.

"God is real, God is watching, believe in Government God". Chilling stuff. Fortunately subliminal messages don't really work, so we aren't all mindless zombies at this stage.

You posted we don't believe in conspiracies. Most conspiracies are made up to get you thinking they see everything. Know everything, and you need to obey. The truth is government never out does the private sector. Its why they buy weapons from private firms like Lockheed and computers and servers from Cisco. Tech hasn't really moved on since the 60's. Processors got smaller. Everything else is just small improvements. The entire car industry makes slightly better engines with all that R&D. Few real drugs have been discovered by pharma since the 60s. All the best ones like anti-biotics, steroids, major vaccines have been around for decades. there is no amazing tech. Its hyped to make you think you are helpless against an all powerful state. If Snowden had really been a whistle blower, the news would not have been allowed to report his work. Its orchestrated. The press is controlled. Its about you thinking they are God. As its always been. And that is why they hide the reality of the universe from you. To control you. That's the reason for the conspiracy. Its not complicated. And before you say "but we see things like the SR-71 after they are commissioned ... you think that's a leap? It has jet engines (been around since the late 40's), they stuck cones on the front to compress the air (Like a turbo on a car from the 70's), and could now contain the heat using better alloys thanks to the private sector. But it just made a plane a bit faster and a bit higher. Its not like believing they decrypt 30 billion e-mails a day and decipher several million phone calls. 

So Aurora ... nope ... NASA lies and hype. Roswell Aliens with secret technology. Don't be silly. They'd love you to think they have that. HARP ... literally studies the make up of the atmosphere.

So back to FET. FET is beautiful and everything matches. You can seamlessly explain one thing from another to another. Its the reason for everything, its the only thing that matters. That's the truth they hide. And mathematics and science are the answer. They are the tools we can use to prove we are right. We need only speak the language of God to reveal Him (it). From fibbonachi sequences to explain the petals on a plant, the ratios of bones in our hand and the shape of a snails shell, to the movement of the heavens, to probabilities, chaos, and ultimately how something came from nothing.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2018, 02:55:40 PM »
Sure, there's a reason for such a conspiracy. You just haven't worked out what it is yet.
I was gutted when I saw Mark Sergant's video 'hiding god' as the final in his series. He was so close and then missed. The whole point of the conspiracy is to remove you from God. If you knew how the earth worked, how special it is and its place in the centre of the universe you would see what God is. God is the force, the energy, the thing that created the universe. Not a man with a beard or fairy that grants wishes or a pschyopath that instructs one nation to go to war with another. To understand God and why they hide him you must understand the purpose of religion.

Religion is a blue print for civilisation. All religions share common themes. There is law. Thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal. In Islam they have sharia law. All religious books do. Its a way to keep order. To make people think they are being watched when no one is around and prevent crime. Remember there were no forensics until recently. All religions have praying, songs, worship, kneeling or bowing. Ways of brain washing you into constantly making you think about them (attending church, 5 am prayers whatever) and surrendering to a higher power. They also have a human or organisation between you and God. the pope and Vatican, religious leaders, divine right kings. Religion is used so you obey leaders and follow order.
Religion also provides other things. A reason to make men die for you. Crusades, Jihads etc. It is the elite making you look to them.

New Atheism is a new religion. It is belief based. They believe there is no God. And I find the likes of Richard Dawkins very amusing. He is setting out to disprove God. He wishes to know all the science and hopes it will kill belief in God. But mathematics is god's language. Its the way everything is described. Let there be light has some truth. God did say that. He described it in his own language and it was so. If Richard Dawkins ever discovered how something can be from nothing, the forces that created the universe, do you know what he'd have to call that thing? God. Richard Dawkins can only disprove God by discovering God. The irony is delicious.

Atheism is designed to remove you from organised religion. An illuminati goal for hundreds of years. They don't want your money going there. They want it. Money is power. Atheism is designed to make you feel small and insignificant. you are on one of trillions of planets orbiting trillions of stars on a tiny spec of dust and you are meaningless. Its a horrible religion. It takes hope from the downtrodden, comfort from the bereaved, strength from the sick, justice from those who have been wronged. Its the only religion that takes everything from you and offers nothing in return. If a 5 year old child is dying of cancer and asks "will I see mummy again?" all religions are designed to comfort her ... you will see her in heaven. Atheism tells her she's worm food.

So why the movement to atheism now? Its about replacing God. you are told by shills like Edward Snowden that the state sees everything you do. Tracks your every move, listens to your every phone call, monitors your social media, reads all your e-mails. They claim to be all seeing ... like God. Its actually bollocks. Have you tried using Siri? that dumb thing can't even find me a McDonalds. How is it going to decipher a conversation on a phone. You think the NSA have better technology than Apple, Microsoft, Intel? With hundreds of billions in R&D budget? you think they have better voice recognition from that paltry 'black budget' of theirs? I see things like "They'd need quantum computers to crack encryption so they must have quantum computers". No they don't The NSA out techs Intel when that is all Intel do? Bollocks. They have secret weapons no one knows about that can read thoughts or fly at hypersonic speeds? That one government budget is used to out tech the entire private sector? Its rubbish.
They want you to look to the state as a God. It is omnipotent and it is all powerful (has crazy weapons you can only imagine).
Below is a video from the 60's when they were trying out subliminal messages on the public in America. Note the subliminal message at about 40 seconds in.

"God is real, God is watching, believe in Government God". Chilling stuff. Fortunately subliminal messages don't really work, so we aren't all mindless zombies at this stage.

You posted we don't believe in conspiracies. Most conspiracies are made up to get you thinking they see everything. Know everything, and you need to obey. The truth is government never out does the private sector. Its why they buy weapons from private firms like Lockheed and computers and servers from Cisco. Tech hasn't really moved on since the 60's. Processors got smaller. Everything else is just small improvements. The entire car industry makes slightly better engines with all that R&D. Few real drugs have been discovered by pharma since the 60s. All the best ones like anti-biotics, steroids, major vaccines have been around for decades. there is no amazing tech. Its hyped to make you think you are helpless against an all powerful state. If Snowden had really been a whistle blower, the news would not have been allowed to report his work. Its orchestrated. The press is controlled. Its about you thinking they are God. As its always been. And that is why they hide the reality of the universe from you. To control you. That's the reason for the conspiracy. Its not complicated. And before you say "but we see things like the SR-71 after they are commissioned ... you think that's a leap? It has jet engines (been around since the late 40's), they stuck cones on the front to compress the air (Like a turbo on a car from the 70's), and could now contain the heat using better alloys thanks to the private sector. But it just made a plane a bit faster and a bit higher. Its not like believing they decrypt 30 billion e-mails a day and decipher several million phone calls. 

So Aurora ... nope ... NASA lies and hype. Roswell Aliens with secret technology. Don't be silly. They'd love you to think they have that. HARP ... literally studies the make up of the atmosphere.

So back to FET. FET is beautiful and everything matches. You can seamlessly explain one thing from another to another. Its the reason for everything, its the only thing that matters. That's the truth they hide. And mathematics and science are the answer. They are the tools we can use to prove we are right. We need only speak the language of God to reveal Him (it). From fibbonachi sequences to explain the petals on a plant, the ratios of bones in our hand and the shape of a snails shell, to the movement of the heavens, to probabilities, chaos, and ultimately how something came from nothing.

Were the ancient Greeks in on this conspiracy too? Honest question.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 12:30:15 AM »
No. You can pretty much pin point this to Copernicus (the economist and banker) who happened to reshuffle the planets around as well in his spare time to funnel some money/power away from the church by discrediting it. He is after all the founder of the quantity theory of money and around at about the time the illuminati is founded by bankers ... he's got to be ground zero.

BrownRobin

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 12:31:54 AM »
No. You can pretty much pin point this to Copernicus (the economist and banker) who happened to reshuffle the planets around as well in his spare time to funnel some money/power away from the church by discrediting it. He is after all the founder of the quantity theory of money and around at about the time the illuminati is founded by bankers ... he's got to be ground zero.

You are such a confused and misguided person. And, you don't even see it.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 12:33:30 AM »

You are such a confused and misguided person. And, you don't even see it.
One of us has to be wrong. If I'm wrong, no one got hurt.