Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
If Biden Dies?
« on: August 12, 2020, 02:44:30 AM »
Well have our first female President...

This really excites me. We come so far as a nation of fools. Send us more money please?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: If Biden Dies?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:39 AM »
CNN is already reporting that Kamala will be ready if and when Biden "decides to step aside".

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 04:16:54 AM »
Pence is also ready to step in if and when Trump steps aside.

What's your point?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 04:30:16 AM »
Yeah, I feel like that's the expected duty of any Vice President.  :-\
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 05:17:06 AM »
It's a rather absurd article advertisement. Clearly put forward as a selling point.

Joe is as old as Ronald Reagan was when Reagan left office. He has a declining mental state and struggles to string sentences together. Can you imagine Joe running again in four years if he’s not dead?

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1498608510765/biden-acknowledges-he-might-die-in-office-im-an-old-guy

Biden acknowledges he might die in office: 'I'm an old guy'

Joe Biden said that his vice president needs to be capable of being president because he is so old. 'I can think of at least eight women, at least four or five people of color, that I think are totally qualified to be vice president of the United States,' the former vice president, 77, said at a campaign event in Clinton, Iowa on Tuesday.

"I might die in office. Vote for me!"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 05:44:05 AM »
It's a rather absurd article advertisement. Clearly put forward as a selling point.

Joe is as old as Ronald Reagan was when Reagan left office. He has a declining mental state and struggles to string sentences together. Can you imagine Joe running again in four years if he’s not dead?

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1498608510765/biden-acknowledges-he-might-die-in-office-im-an-old-guy

Joe Biden said that his vice president needs to be capable of being president because he is so old. 'I can think of at least eight women, at least four or five people of color, that I think are totally qualified to be vice president of the United States,' the former vice president, 77, said at a campaign event in Clinton, Iowa on Tuesday.

Trump is 3 years younger, rambles off topic, has issues with words above a 5th grade reading level, often gets common historical facts wrong, and never had a sharp mental state.

Not sure you really wanna be calling the pot black, Mr. Kettle.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 07:44:17 AM »

Why does his replacement have to be a woman and why should they be black? His pandering is revolting. I hope latte slurping virtue hungry white Americans wake up and just vote GOP. Give the leftists the kick between the legs that the British gave to the Labour party last time out when they came over all identity politics and Marxist policies.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 09:08:05 AM »
Joe is as old as Ronald Reagan was when Reagan left office. He has a declining mental state and struggles to string sentences together.

Have you read the OFFICIAL Whitehouse transcripts of what Trump says at his pressers and other news conferences?

It is first-rate, premier division, world-class gibberish.

Seriously.

The rest of the world looks at conservatives, republicans, folk like yourself and (for instance) Trump Junior throwing this insult at Biden and thinks "What the actual FECK are you talking about?", wondering in what parallel universe you think you're living in....
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 09:30:42 AM »
I mean, it goes both ways. At least Biden seems to be realistic about the possibility of his death, and tries to make sure the nation would be prepared for that eventuality. This strikes me as responsible. Both candidates look like they might drop dead tomorrow. One of them has a plan, the other has presidential health, believe me.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »
Joe is as old as Ronald Reagan was when Reagan left office. He has a declining mental state and struggles to string sentences together.

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

What am amazing orator...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 10:31:39 AM »
Incorrect. Trump's speeches are typically coherent.

He speaks casually, and repiticiously, which loses context in print.

A linguist analyzed that speech and concluded that Trump was coherent and that it was not evidence of cognitive decline:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/06/opinion/trump-speech-mental-capacity.html

What Trump’s Speech Says About His Mental Fitness
By JOHN MCWHORTER

"As part of the discussion about Donald Trump’s lack of fitness for the presidency, some have argued that his linguistic capacities have worsened, suggesting significant cognitive decline.

Casual speech tends towards the repetitious, as we seek to indicate sincerity and make sure our meaning has gotten across. Mr. Trump, because he speaks casually, does a lot of repeating.

Real speech tends to be fundamentally subjective rather than objective, and is therefore decorated with what linguists call pragmatic words and constructions, expressing attitude rather than content

This passage also has a kind of coherence. Mr. Trump starts out addressing the nuclear deal with Iran, but then interjects some insights about his elevated qualifications for discussing the subject and his resentment of a purportedly biased media that forces him to mention them – and then he does get back to the nuclear subject. Elegant? No, but not demented, either. Facial expression and context, which print obscures, made Mr. Trump’s meaning clear.

The difference between the younger man talking in sentences and the older one talking in vocal ejaculations is evidence not of decline but authenticity – he has settled into his normal. Late in life an artless man has learned that he could leave his linguistic fly unzipped and life would go on. It may not be pretty, but it isn't a sign that his pants are going to fall down.

John McWhorter is a linguist, an associate professor of English and comparative literature at Columbia, the author of books like “Words on the Move,” and host of Slate’s language podcast “Lexicon Valley.”
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 12:47:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »
Incorrect.
About what? I wasn't stating an opinion, it was a transcript of what I'll charitably call a "speech".
I wonder what you'd have made of it had it been Biden rambling like that...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »
About what? I wasn't stating an opinion, it was a transcript of what I'll charitably call a "speech".

Since Trump is speaking casually and repiticiosuly you would need to watch the entire speech to see if it is actually coherent and makes sense or not. The linguist did and gave it a pass, explaining that this is how people talk in casual, real speech.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:11:21 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »
repiticiosuly

Maybe Trump just makes you feel better?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »

Since Trump is speaking casually and repiticiosuly you would need to watch the entire speech to see if it is actually coherent and makes sense or not. The linguist did and gave it a pass, explaining that this is how people talk in casual, real speech.

How did you feel about the recent interview where challenged about the death stats from Covid Trump said
"Well, right here United States is lower in numerous categories. We're lower than the world".

Lower than...the world...
Hmm.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 03:21:37 PM »
Linguist consultants of the liberal media seem to be giving him a pass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/07/this-linguist-studied-the-way-trump-speaks-for-two-years-heres-what-she-found/

This linguist studied the way Trump speaks for two years. Here’s what she found.

Jennifer Sclafani, a linguist at Georgetown University, says President Trump is a “unique” politician because he doesn’t speak like one.

“Great people.” “Believe me.” “Not good.”

These two-word expressions are among some of the staples of the 45th president of the United States’ vocabulary. Although President Trump’s political career is just a few years old, he has already become associated with several simple phrases — “make America great again,” “build the wall” — and even single words — “win,” “sad,” “great.”

Trump is a “unique” politician because he doesn’t speak like one, according to Jennifer Sclafani, an associate teaching professor in Georgetown University’s Department of Linguistics.

“He is interesting to me linguistically because he speaks like everybody else,” said Sclafani, who has studied Trump’s language for the past two years. “And we’re not used to hearing that from a president. We’re used to hearing somebody speak who sounds much more educated, much smarter, much more refined than your everyday American.”

During a February news conference, Trump seemed to give credit to the power of his words for helping him become president.

“That’s how I won,” Trump told reporters gathered at the White House. “I won with news conference and probably speeches. I certainly didn’t win by people listening to you people, that’s for sure.”

Sclafani, who recently wrote a book set to publish this fall titled “Talking Donald Trump: A Sociolinguistic Study of Style, Metadiscourse, and Political Identity,” said Trump has used language to “create a brand” as a politician.

“President Trump creates a spectacle in the way that he speaks,” she said. “So it creates a feeling of strength for the nation, or it creates a sense of determination, a sense that he can get the job done through his use of hyperbole and directness.”

The features of Trump’s speech patterns include a casual tone, a simple vocabulary and grammar, repetitions, hyperbole and sudden switches of topics, according to Sclafani.

“When we hear ‘well’ coming from other candidates, we’re more likely to perceive their responses as being dodgy,” she said. “And when we hear no ‘well’ from Donald Trump, we don’t notice that there is no ‘well’ there, but by contrast he comes off as sounding more straightforward and more direct.”

During a 2015 rally in South Carolina, Trump explained how he feels about his vocabulary.

“I know words,” he said. “I have the best words.”

It's probably part of why he won. He clearly seems to be speaking from a stream of consciousness and being honest with us, rather than giving constructed pre-prepared statements. Simple and direct statements also have the potential to be more powerful than complex ones.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:20:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 03:27:41 PM »
First-hand encounter with Biden;

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/niallodowd/trump-beats-biden-mangling-words

"Sure, Irish American Biden makes verbal gaffes, but he has been making them for years, nothing related to age. I have known him for decades and every time he asks me how the Irish Times is going, but he is razor-sharp when it counts.

We fairly recently inducted him into the Irish America Hall of Fame. He stayed for two hours and spoke to everyone in the room. He is as good a retail politician as I have seen even in his mid-seventies."

Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »
being honest with us
Heh. Come on, dude. Now you're just being silly.
When he talks it is a meandering stream of consciousness but it's not honest. It's mostly lies about his own achievements.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 07:19:40 PM »
being honest with us
Heh. Come on, dude. Now you're just being silly.
When he talks it is a meandering stream of consciousness but it's not honest. It's mostly lies about his own achievements.

Sounds like TDS to me. Writers at the liberal Washington Post, which disparages Trump's victory even at the top of their page, have said that "Trump could be the most honest president in modern history"

"when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness — keeping his promises — Trump is a paragon of honesty. For better or worse, since taking office Trump has done exactly what he promised he would."

Another article says "Trump is the King of Lies"

"The president is a bold, intentional liar, by any moral definition. A habitual liar. A blatant liar. An instinctual liar. A reckless liar. An ignorant liar. A pathological liar. A hopeless liar. A gratuitous liar. A malevolent liar."

Uh huh. Two views from the same liberal newspaper. The TDS sufferers are clearly assuming facts, interpret things they disagree with as lies, and seeing things as they want to see them.

Rama Set

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 08:08:48 PM »
There is plenty of evidence that Trump has enacted his numerous policies, shitty and otherwise, as well as being a narcissistic liar. These are not mutually exclusive.