Newtons Laws of Motion
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:07:29 AM »
My question is about the explanation of gravity in the current FE model.

The explanation states that the reason we fall to the ground when we jump is because the ground is constantly and consistently moving upward. Newtons laws of motion state that nothing deviates from its current trajectory unless another force is exerted on it. This means if the earth is moving upward we are also moving upward. Consequently when we jump a force exerting downward would be needed to slow us down again, which in turn would make us fall to the earth again. Because this force is being exerted onto us it should be easy to feel, like a sort of air resistance. My question is: is there currently an explanation as to why this force is not perceived at all?

Good day to you,

Snowfall216

Thork

Re: Newtons Laws of Motion
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 01:01:56 AM »
The force moving up is 'universal acceleration'. Not 'universal velocity'. I hope you can piece together why that answers the question.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:47:34 AM »
The force moving up is 'universal acceleration'. Not 'universal velocity'. I hope you can piece together why that answers the question.
I see two major problems with 'universal acceleration'.
The first is that measured values of 'g' vary with both latitude and elevation.
The variation due to latitude from the poles to the equator amounts to about 0.5%, quite measureable.
The variation due to altitude is a reduction in g from sea level to 9000 m (roughly the height of Everest) is almost 0.29%.
There are lesser variations due to local 'gravity anomalies' that are used in mineral exploration.
It would appear that 'universal acceleration' would have to result in exactly the same acceleration at all locations.

The other problem is that 'universal acceleration' from the time of 'creation' (whatever age that is taken to be) would have the earth travelling an essentially the speed of light (relative to what - I don't know).  To me it would seem that an almost infinite amount of energy would be required to accelerate the earth (and all the observed universe).
The source of that energy seems to be a mystery.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 06:57:29 PM »
I don't know. And welcome to the trenches. This site isn't as active as the other forum I'm in.

www.theflatearthsociety.org
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 12:13:31 PM »
I don't know. And welcome to the trenches. This site isn't as active as the other forum I'm in.
I've seen you there often - do you think "Dear Papa" will find us here?

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »
I've seen you there often - do you think "Dear Papa" will find us here?

I think he has his hands full on the other forum. I don't think I said anything about this site and I don't think I will. I don't want to trash this site with a certain member's cussing.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.