Why to sunlight reflect under the clouds??
« on: August 30, 2016, 05:10:13 AM »
I have seen it many times as many may have seen it that the sunlight during certain sunsets reflects under the clouds. i mean how is it possible for the sun which is supposedly spinning at a certain altitude above the clouds reflect on the clouds from below?

secondly if i am answered by the answer that the clouds get as high as the sun or even higher, then i would ask that why are the clouds which are directly above my head reflecting the sunlight while i cant see it. i mean if the light of the sun reached that cloud it means the sun hasn't reached its vanishing point. 

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Why to sunlight reflect under the clouds??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
I have seen it many times as many may have seen it that the sunlight during certain sunsets reflects under the clouds. i mean how is it possible for the sun which is supposedly spinning at a certain altitude above the clouds reflect on the clouds from below?

secondly if i am answered by the answer that the clouds get as high as the sun or even higher, then i would ask that why are the clouds which are directly above my head reflecting the sunlight while i cant see it. i mean if the light of the sun reached that cloud it means the sun hasn't reached its vanishing point.
They do go suddenly quiet when they can't give a plausible answer. Maybe that is better than claiming that the sun is "reflecting off the ground" as I have seen.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
Maybe that is better than claiming that the sun is "reflecting off the ground" as I have seen.
Because dirt and grass are REALLY good reflectors, LOL!
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Light does not always travel in straight lines.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:44:58 AM »
i mean how is it possible for the sun which is supposedly spinning at a certain altitude above the clouds reflect on the clouds from below?
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
Re: Light does not always travel in straight lines.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »
i mean how is it possible for the sun which is supposedly spinning at a certain altitude above the clouds reflect on the clouds from below?
But you, on the other hand, always write nonsense.

Though of course, you are correct, the atmosphere can light a half degree or so!

I don't think that's going to make the light from a sun some 3,000 miles high get under the clouds.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:36:27 AM »

I  agree light does not travel in a straight line, so you mean in this case that these light rays are bending enough to reflect on the bottom of the clouds is that much bending even possible?? but if only and only IF  that is the case why doesn't it do the same during all day and why only at the sunset or in some cases at sunrise.  and what would be causing the light to bend soo much? atmosphere cant be.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 08:36:31 PM »

The simplest explanation is that the photons simply traveled in a straight line.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:08 PM »
The entire far end of the cloud nearest the sun is being illuminated, top to bottom, not just the bottom of the end facing the sun.

You are under the cloud, so you only see the bottom far end of the cloud being illuminated.

Have you ever seen a mirage before?? Yes! Yes, you have!!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »
I  agree light does not travel in a straight line,
Good. 
From this point onward, you SHOULD be able to answer the rest of your questions yourself with the aid of whatever you learned in school. 

You have seen a mirage before. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:08 AM »
The entire far end of the cloud nearest the sun is being illuminated, top to bottom, not just the bottom of the end facing the sun.

You are under the cloud, so you only see the bottom far end of the cloud being illuminated.
It does seem a little strange to me then that most of the time when the sun is above the clouds, I do not see the bottom illuminated.

Then you get cases like this that certainly appear to have the shadow of a mountain (Mt Rainier here) cast on the bottom of the clouds.

It would seem to me that the sun is certainly shining up under those clouds, especially in the first, where you can see the sun!