Offline Yoshi_

• View Profile
Maps
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Hello every one I'm new to TFED I've been FE'r for about a year now and I'm wondering if any one knows the best place to get a flat earth map poster or print. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:11:03 PM by Yoshi_ »

geckothegeek

Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:40:36 AM »
Hello every one I'm new to TFED I've been FE'r for about a year now and I'm wondering if any one knows the best place to get a flat earth map poster or print. Thanks

There is really no flat earth map and even some flat earthers will admit it.

Howvever, if you want something close to what is supposed to be a flat earth map copies of the folllowing are suggested.
The North Polar Equidistant Projection (of the globe)
Gleason's Map (a copy of the above)
The United Nations Flag (a stylized logo of the above)

Hopefully some flat earth expert  can furnish  more and  better information.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »
There is really no flat earth map and even some flat earthers will admit it.

Howvever, if you want something close to what is supposed to be a flat earth map copies of the folllowing are suggested.
The North Polar Equidistant Projection (of the globe)
Gleason's Map (a copy of the above)
The United Nations Flag (a stylized logo of the above)

Hopefully some flat earth expert  can furnish  more and  better information.

@ geckothegeek, the Gleason's Map, i think is also an equidistant projection map of the global map by its appearance and proportions of land areas or countries, only that it was used as a time chart as shown in its patent. Anyway, flat or global projection depicting 2D format, can you tell which of the known map projections is accurate enough in terms of areal size or point to point distance? Can we say that the Mercator map projection is the most accurate as it appears to haven't been stretched or shrinked after being projected? Do you know of anyone, flat earther or not, who has posted which of the map projections is the most accurate or nearest to the actual size or distances on the ground? thanks...

You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »
Do you know of anyone, flat earther or not, who has posted which of the map projections is the most accurate or nearest to the actual size or distances on the ground? thanks...
The answer isn't as straightforward as that.  No flat projection of a spherical earth will be the "most" accurate, because each projection makes an intentional decision as to which kind of distortion is acceptable for the needs of the map user.  A map that has the most accurate 'actual size' will sacrifice accuracy in shape/direction to achieve it; a map highly accurate in direction must sacrifice size, etc.  The Wikipedia list of map projections includes a column identifying some of the notable strengths and weaknesses of the more commonly used projections.  For more in depth discussion, see the USGS Map Projections page, which goes into more detail of each.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:42 AM »
best place to get a flat earth map poster or print. Thanks
White House war room, behind John F. Kennedy's desk. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:19:50 AM »
best place to get a flat earth map poster or print. Thanks
White House war room, behind John F. Kennedy's desk.
Trying to get your fellow FE arrested?  Not charming, anarchst; not charming!
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice