Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Rounds are always asking for new maps
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
Here is one designed by Darren Nesbit.

I like it in respect it solves some issues Flats fight with.

God can do anything.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline DSC

• View Profile
Re: Rounds are always asking for new maps
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:54:05 AM »
According to Nesbitt, the earth is flat and square. It says so at the beginning of this film.

a minute in the earth is a circle,  you know because the bible.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:08:48 AM »
I don't understand how you can champion this video at all, given the large contradictions it has with your stated beliefs.

Starting at 6:20 he gives a good explanation of some of the problems with the unipolar circular earth model that round earthers have been pointing out for years. I often see this with other flat earth models - someone will applly critical thinking to the unipolar model, but won't continue to apply that same thinking to their pet model.

He takes timeanddate.com times for sunrises and sunsets to make many of his arguments about why the unipolar model is wrong. Many on this forum refuse to accept timeanddate.com times - are you accepting them now?

He believes that on the equinoxes you get 12 hours daylight everywhere, which seems to be contentious with some flat earthers. Do you accept this now?

He accepts nonstop flights between southern hemisphere cities that you have claimed don't exist. (18:00 or so in the video) Do you accept these flights now?

One of the justifications for his model is that you have to have people "from the four corners of the earth" to fit scripture, but almost all his models have one or more corners at/near the poles where nobody lives.

He EMBRACES the PacMan problem. (22:00)
This has some weird problems - it seems like he's saying the earth is flat and continuous, not a cylinder. So either the earth is repeated infinitely, or you teleport from one side to the other when travelling. But it really sounds like he's saying it goes on forever. Does that mean there are infinite Japans, with identical people living there? If I fly east to Japan, and you fly west to Japan, are we in two different japans? If we meet eachother there, are we meeting different instances of ourselves? He refuses to consider the cylinder possibility.

None of these models handle over-the-pole flights, which he was just positing as reality earlier in the movie.

I don't get how someone can apply critical thinking so clearly to something for 5 minutes, and then turn around and completely ignore critical thinking as it would be applied to his new pet models that are equally inaccurate.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:52:13 PM »
Here is one designed by Darren Nesbit.

I like it in respect it solves some issues Flats fight with.

God can do anything.

Since you are a pilot would you explain to Tom Bishop how aircraft manufatuers know how fast the planes fly?  How well GPS works?  ETC
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »
Size and shape of the earth is well known, see WGS84, any issues with it?

JohnAdams1145

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 02:13:01 AM »
Round Earth people should stop asking for new maps. It's an exercise in bad faith. We know that it is impossible to make a consistent map of the Earth because we know that it is round and that a sphere cannot be flattened. So asking for a map of the Flat Earth is asking for something to ridicule. We should instead look at the various assertions made and disprove them. Flatties will never be able to come up with a map because it is impossible.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 08:10:45 AM »
I think it's a reasonable ask. The airline industry manage to get people from place to place reliably. They obviously know where places are in relation to each other.
Why don't the flat earthers?
Or is the entire airline industry "in on it" too?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 02:50:18 PM »
Drawing a map of the "flat earth" should also be a very simple thing. We know the distances between many many places on the earth. Simply put a number of them on a sheet with the measured distances between them.  Viola. You've got a map. It's so easy I don't know why it hasn't been done.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »
It hasn't been done because it isn't possible.
There is no flat earth map that can correspond with things like flight times and conventional maps which everyone uses around to get around just fine.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »
It hasn't been done because it isn't possible.
There is no flat earth map that can correspond with things like flight times and conventional maps which everyone uses around to get around just fine.
Nothing to do with a flat earth, it's that measured distances prove the earth is round.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
I don't understand how you can champion this video at all, given the large contradictions it has with your stated beliefs.

Starting at 6:20 he gives a good explanation of some of the problems with the unipolar circular earth model that round earthers have been pointing out for years. I often see this with other flat earth models - someone will applly critical thinking to the unipolar model, but won't continue to apply that same thinking to their pet model.

He takes timeanddate.com times for sunrises and sunsets to make many of his arguments about why the unipolar model is wrong. Many on this forum refuse to accept timeanddate.com times - are you accepting them now?

He believes that on the equinoxes you get 12 hours daylight everywhere, which seems to be contentious with some flat earthers. Do you accept this now?

He accepts nonstop flights between southern hemisphere cities that you have claimed don't exist. (18:00 or so in the video) Do you accept these flights now?

One of the justifications for his model is that you have to have people "from the four corners of the earth" to fit scripture, but almost all his models have one or more corners at/near the poles where nobody lives.

He EMBRACES the PacMan problem. (22:00)
This has some weird problems - it seems like he's saying the earth is flat and continuous, not a cylinder. So either the earth is repeated infinitely, or you teleport from one side to the other when travelling. But it really sounds like he's saying it goes on forever. Does that mean there are infinite Japans, with identical people living there? If I fly east to Japan, and you fly west to Japan, are we in two different japans? If we meet eachother there, are we meeting different instances of ourselves? He refuses to consider the cylinder possibility.

None of these models handle over-the-pole flights, which he was just positing as reality earlier in the movie.

I don't get how someone can apply critical thinking so clearly to something for 5 minutes, and then turn around and completely ignore critical thinking as it would be applied to his new pet models that are equally inaccurate.

Listening to him is very soothing and one can tell he is a son of God and believer in Jesus. I'm open to his idea and I think he is looking for input and expansion or corrections to some of his ideas here.

PacMan model is interesting and should be explored in depth as it solve many distance problems and sunlight/nighttime hours.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 05:33:08 AM »
The square model introduces more problems than it solves. If you are looking to help provide corrections to him, here's one.

If you look at his square earth pictures, you see situations like that Norway should see two suns, one in the east and one in the west, at midnight in the summer. But, Norway sees one sun to the north. You could travel there and see it for yourself:
https://www.fjordtravel.no/tour-cruise-norway/arctic-tromso-midnight-sun-fjords/

The unipolar flat earth circular model does a better job at predicting northern hemisphere summer sun observations, though it still has problems even in the northern hemisphere and completely falls down in the southern hemisphere. The square models can't explain solar behavior in either hemisphere at all.