Rama Set

Re: McDonalds can't even pay people to interview...
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »
MFW when Tom thinks Shark Tank is a good sample of the modern job market.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 09:10:21 PM »

No, it's not a good sample because a lot of people don't need venture capital to grow, and can qualify for loans based on the business revenue.

But it's public evidence that twenty four year olds can do pretty well, and that companies want that ingenuity. You can either do that or you can continue to be disillusioned that you will have a wonderful life by believing in the system and doing what everyone else is doing.

Your first mistake is to believe that there is a system that wants you to be successful.

Your second mistake is to believe that the right to take out a thirty year mortgage and live in a home owned by the bank means that you are successful.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:21:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 09:25:21 PM »

No, it's not a good sample because a lot of people don't need venture capital to grow, and can qualify for loans based on the business revenue.

But it's public evidence that twenty four year olds can do pretty well, and that companies want that ingenuity. You can either do that or you can continue to be disillusioned that you will have a wonderful life by believing in the system and doing what everyone else is doing.

It's an edited TV show.  It isn't evidence of anything to do with how business works in the real world.

Your first mistake is to believe that there is a system that wants you to be successful.

Your second mistake is to believe that the right to take out a thirty year mortgage and live in a home owned by the bank means that you are successful.

I guess it didnt take long for you to fabricate someone's position.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 09:51:36 PM »
It's an edited TV show.  It isn't evidence of anything to do with how business works in the real world.

Wrong. The people appear on the show and the business is often already making sales. They are not lying about that.

That's what you're supposed to do to become successful. Develop a skill, service, or product that society values; not go into a "job market". That's literally the difference between the rich and poor, and why they exist. So please do not complain about not becoming successful while working at local book shop chain store.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:54:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2021, 10:00:44 PM »

Wrong. The people appear on the show and the business is often already making sales. They are not lying about that.

See, you're making shit up again.  I never said anyone was lying.

That's what you're supposed to do to become successful. Develop a skill, service, or product that society values; not go into a "job market". That's literally the difference between the rich and poor, and why they exist. So please do not complain about not becoming successful while working at local book shop chain store.

There is an obvious and terrible flaw in this logic.  Literally every successful company could not exist without a job market.  Once your philosophy can actually incorporate reality, it will be worth talking about.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2021, 10:27:09 PM »
Man, this thread went off the rails, after starting off the day with a pretty fair point.

Millenials are lazy because they dont all just become billionaires. That's how it works, because Bill gates and Mark Zuckerberg, and shark tank exist. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, youngins, and go be a professional athlete or movie star!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2021, 10:32:50 PM »
Quote from: Rama Set
There is an obvious and terrible flaw in this logic.  Literally every successful company could not exist without a job market.  Once your philosophy can actually incorporate reality, it will be worth talking about.

I didn't say anything about abolishing the job market. Obviously the innovators of society need a pool of people focused on living wages and who want to do repetitive tasks.

You are clearly one of the unmotivated fellows. So my advice is to keep on truckin', cross your fingers, and hope that your situation will change.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:35:38 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 11:44:04 PM »
Quote from: Rama Set

I didn't say anything about abolishing the job market. Obviously the innovators of society need a pool of people focused on living wages and who want to do repetitive tasks.

You just don’t think people should do that.

You are clearly one of the unmotivated fellows. So my advice is to keep on truckin', cross your fingers, and hope that your situation will change.

You have no fucking idea what you’re talking about, clearly. Stop making shit up about me and try and learn. I believe in you.