Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
Animals
« on: May 03, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
One of my favorite things to read is The Washington Post.  Recently, I came across https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/watching-them-poop-researchers-discover-that-dogs-can-sense-which-way-is-north/2014/01/26/26f7f85e-83ae-11e3-bbe5-6a2a3141e3a9_story.html?utm_term=.f84bf1b41366 this article.  Many animals can sense earth's magnetic field.  As this article shows, even dogs.  If the earth was flat, this wouldn't happen.  FE'ers, I ask you how you explain this.

Re: Animals
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »
Nobody is arguing that the Earth isn't a magnet.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »
But the FEers cant explain how the earths magnetic field results in the observations and angles of dip, as well as the field strengths, and direction if the earth was flat.

There are numerous ideas, but no explanations that fit.

These range from Bi polar world (describes it well i think) with more than 2 poles, ie the 2 ice caps on the same flat earth. However this does not explain the horizontal magnetic field, ie a north seeking magnetic compass points towards the magnetic North Pole, and away from the south magnetic pole, or does not describe the dip, ie the vertical force, which increases with lattitude until you get to the pole, and has no vertical force at the equator.

The other often described magnetic arrangement is the unipole model with a radial magnet, where the South Pole is all the way around the ice wall, and the magnetic North Pole near the earths Center. However the magnetic dip with that model does not work. As such a world would have a horizontal field with almost no vertical component, which does not relate to the earths field that is well known, mapped and even agreed with in EnaG. it will also not produce horizontal field experienced in the southern latitudes.

Basically unless the TFES can describe what the FE looks like, it cannot describe what the magnet component of the world does, so ALL of it is an assumption.

Occams Razor should be applied.

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »
9 out of 10, I understand I phrased it incorrectly.