Offline retlaw

• View Profile
Bombs away
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
Man can use an nuclear bomb and blow up any county, peoples, governments and any business.
There is no place on earth that is exempt from this power of destruction.
All but one.
The treaty of Antarctica states that NO WEAPONS SHALL BE TESTED till the end of time.
You can bomb the north pole but not the south. Why then when much more people live closer to the north pole when very few live close to the south?

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Bombs away
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 07:23:04 PM »
Possibly because they're worried it will damage the wall?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »
Man can use an nuclear bomb and blow up any county, peoples, governments and any business.
There is no place on earth that is exempt from this power of destruction.
All but one.
The treaty of Antarctica states that NO WEAPONS SHALL BE TESTED till the end of time.
You can bomb the north pole but not the south. Why then when much more people live closer to the north pole when very few live close to the south?

Stop putting off-topic threads in FE Q&A. Moved/warned.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »
The Hump Express November 1945 interview of Alexander de Seversky about Hiroshima and Nagasaki

http://www.cbi-theater.com/hump_express/hump111545.html

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:33:07 AM »
That's a great article Dionysios,

Slightly off topic here, but does The Hump cover any of the Antartic expeditions like Operation Highjump ect.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
Who is de severesky and why does his opinion on. Unclear weapons matter at all? It seems like his incredulity isn’t based on physics. If you admit that an atomic bomb exists and you acknowledge E=mc^2 then you necessarily acknowledge the destructive power of a hydrogen bomb.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:25:42 AM »
f you admit that an atomic bomb exists and you acknowledge E=mc^2 then you necessarily acknowledge the destructive power of a hydrogen bomb.

I agree.
Still can't test one in Antarctica.
I had a fiends mother die from watching the bombs in Vegas being tested. They would go out partying watching the blasts and she died of a rare radiation cancer. She was a Vegas show girl in the 60's.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
I had a fiends mother die
I hate it when my evil demon's mother dies  :'(
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:32:01 PM by TheLordBarst »
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
I had a fiends mother die
I hate it when my evil demon's mother dies  :'(

??????

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
The Hump Express November 1945 interview of Alexander de Seversky about Hiroshima and Nagasaki

You understand that since Hiroshima MUCH more powerful nuclear weapons have been developed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

"he Tsar Bomba was a three-stage bomb with Trutnev-Babaev second and third stage design, with a yield of 50 megatons. This is equivalent to about 1,570 times the combined energy of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 10 times the combined energy of all the conventional explosives used in World War II, one-quarter of the estimated yield of the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa, and 10% of the combined yield of all nuclear tests to date."
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 06:26:03 PM »

You understand that since Hiroshima MUCH more powerful nuclear weapons have been developed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

"he Tsar Bomba was a three-stage bomb with Trutnev-Babaev second and third stage design, with a yield of 50 megatons. This is equivalent to about 1,570 times the combined energy of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 10 times the combined energy of all the conventional explosives used in World War II, one-quarter of the estimated yield of the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa, and 10% of the combined yield of all nuclear tests to date."
I thought the Tsar Bomba was only a concept, and was never actually created.

Rama Set

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:49:19 PM »
The 100 Mt Tsar Bomba was never tested. The 50 Mt bomb was tested.