Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Inertia & A Cliff
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »
You should re-read what I said. If the acceleration source is under the Earth, how are the moon, sun, and stars affected??

You should re-read what has been discussed dozens of times here before. Everything in earth's non-inertial frame of reference is being accelerated. "Under" is a subjective and meaningless term.
Which is my point - if everything is being accelerated, why aren't we??? If this force permeates everything and accelerates everything why does it not also act on our bodies? When we step off a chair, we should keep right on accelerating.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 08:29:30 PM »
Which is my point - if everything is being accelerated, why aren't we??? If this force permeates everything and accelerates everything why does it not also act on our bodies? When we step off a chair, we should keep right on accelerating.

That's not how I picture it. Here's how I picture it: Something is accelerating the earth (probably in an orbit around an Anchor Object). Since we are on the earth, we are being accelerated by the earth. I don't see there being a mysterious force that acts independently on everything near the earth. But there's a hole in my model, I guess. Namely, what keeps us all from crashing into the Sun and Moon? Rats. I can't make sense of it.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
But there's a hole in my model, I guess. Namely, what keeps us all from crashing into the Sun and Moon? Rats. I can't make sense of it.

Yep, this is what I'm asking about. According to UA, the sun and moon are also being accelerated, thus we don't crash into them. If all of these bodies are being accelerated, why isn't everything being accelerated? How does UA pick and choose?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:45 PM »
But there's a hole in my model, I guess. Namely, what keeps us all from crashing into the Sun and Moon? Rats. I can't make sense of it.

Yep, this is what I'm asking about. According to UA, the sun and moon are also being accelerated, thus we don't crash into them. If all of these bodies are being accelerated, why isn't everything being accelerated? How does UA pick and choose?

Either ways have loopholes. If Earth, Sun, Moon and stars are being accelerated by UA and thus don't crush onto Earth, what keeps us from being accelerated? If Earth is accelerating us, than what keeps Earth from crushing into Sun and Moon as they are not accelerating.
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Flat Earth map cannot exist

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »

I'll always fall back on this answer, because why not throw in another conspiracy at this point right? The 'best' (by which I mean it explains exactly what it sets out to explain, that being how the sun/moon accelerate with the Earth) explanation I've seen given for this phenomenon is that the sun and moon are on two large celestial poles sticking up out of the North Pole. These carry the sun and moon around in their orbits, and explain how UA is accelerating them both along with the Earth. The stars are then simply a part of the dome covering the Earth.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:14 PM »

Either ways have loopholes. If Earth, Sun, Moon and stars are being accelerated by UA and thus don't crush onto Earth, what keeps us from being accelerated? If Earth is accelerating us, than what keeps Earth from crushing into Sun and Moon as they are not accelerating.

Well explained. I get now what you are suggesting. Good question. Actually, I don't see the function of uniform acceleration at all. Why not just have an excessively large diameter flat earth so that gravity lines are essentially parallel?
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

in fairness, the same sort of question can be asked of contemporary physics: why does the gravitational force only act on mass?  why not charges, too?  how does gravity pick and choose?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »

in fairness, the same sort of question can be asked of contemporary physics: why does the gravitational force only act on mass?  why not charges, too?  how does gravity pick and choose?

To answer that question, Gravity does not pick and choose. Gravity affects everything with mass, just weaker on object with smaller mass and greater on object with bigger mass.

The reason Gravity act on mass is because the bending of space which cause pull between objects i caused by mass.

So yeah Gravity act on all object with mass but UA either does not work on Sun, Moon, and stars, or only affects us
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
To answer that question, Gravity does not pick and choose. Gravity affects everything with mass, just weaker on object with smaller mass and greater on object with bigger mass.

The reason Gravity act on mass is because the bending of space which cause pull between objects i caused by mass.

So yeah Gravity act on all object with mass but UA either does not work on Sun, Moon, and stars, or only affects us

so use the coulomb force instead.  it affects electrons but not neutrons.  why this should be the case is fundamentally mysterious.

the point is that all of the fundamental forces only affect some properties and not others.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »

so use the coulomb force instead.  it affects electrons but not neutrons.  why this should be the case is fundamentally mysterious.

the point is that all of the fundamental forces only affect some properties and not others.

Ok. I can still argue with it. but I will just get to your point.

So you say all of the fundamental forces only affect some properties and not other. So can you tell me which property does UA act upon? I don't see any difference between Sun, Moon, Stars and us as in mass and charge. Can you explain on this?

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
So can you tell me which property does UA act upon? I don't see any difference between Sun, Moon, Stars and us as in mass and charge. Can you explain on this?

beats me; i think the earth is round.

but it's not inherently problematic for a force to act on one object/property and not another.

Offline Havonii

• Rhythm of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 01:42:09 AM »
So can you tell me which property does UA act upon? I don't see any difference between Sun, Moon, Stars and us as in mass and charge. Can you explain on this?

beats me; i think the earth is round.

but it's not inherently problematic for a force to act on one object/property and not another.

Well you see, the flat earth is actually stacked on an infinite stack of turtles.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »
Well you see, the flat earth is actually stacked on an infinite stack of turtles.

Refrain from low-content posting in the  upper fora. 2nd warning.