A few questions from a curious newbie.
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »
I am curious about the edge of the world.  How tall is the ice wall around the rim?  Has it been climbed?  Where can I see photos of it?  I would think there would be photos taken from an airplane that flew over it.  How about pictures from planes showing what the bottom looks like?  How thick is the earth?  Thanks for your patience.

Re: A few questions from a curious newbie.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »
A couple more questions I forgot.  Why does almost every single scientist claim the earth is round?  Are they all dumb?  If they are all lying, what is your explanation for why they are doing so?  Thanks again.

devils advocate

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:24 PM »
Which "recent studies" does the fine gentleman refer to please? Kindest Gratitude's.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
Still waiting for several of my questions to be answered.  I am beginning to think that they CAN'T be answered plausibly.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
Patience; we're not your personal information bureau. Most of your questions can be answered with a quick wiki search. If you're not willing to put any work into learning, then wait until someone can be bothered to spell it out.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »
Pete, a quick wiki search gives me information that says the world is round.  I see no photos of the bottom of the world.  I see no info on why almost all scientists are mistaken or liars.  So either you have some answers or not.  It wouldn't have taken much longer in answering a few yourself then in making your snarky comment.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »
I'll get back to you when I have time. Given your attitude, I'm unlikely to prioritise. I appreciate that you think you can manage my time better than I can, but I'm not looking to outsource just yet. In the meantime, if you're looking to learn, understanding the distinction between our wiki (linked prominently at the top of this forum and on the homepage) and Wikipedia may be a helpful first step.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »
I searched through the wiki here and still can't find some answers, so I will wait patiently.  Thanks.

devils advocate

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »
I am curious about the edge of the world.  How tall is the ice wall around the rim?  Has it been climbed?  Where can I see photos of it?  I would think there would be photos taken from an airplane that flew over it.  How about pictures from planes showing what the bottom looks like?  How thick is the earth?  Thanks for your patience.

Watcha! So to answer your questions.....there is no info, no photos, no answers because...........either;

1) No one has studied the problem and released the info
2) Earth is a Globe

Is it no 1 or o 2???

I cannot answer with proof however I CAN answer with opinion.

A) (it's 2)

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »
Given those two options I would have to agree with you.  Nobody here has been able to convince me otherwise at all.

Offline RocketSauce

• I AM....THE NEGATIVE NOOB
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 09:09:10 PM »
Pete seems mean...  :o  I like it!
*Pending*

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:43 PM »
Of course the world is flat.  Allot of people don't want to talk about the fact that it is on the back of a turtle.  Attached is some "Proof".

Oh, I thought no one was able to reach the ice wall. Where did you get these pictures from. How do you know that this is not fake as this site does not believe in pictures from NASA. Did you see the ice wall yourself? You know this picture can be photoshopped as well.
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Flat Earth map cannot exist

devils advocate

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:54 PM »
Of course the world is flat.  Allot of people don't want to talk about the fact that it is on the back of a turtle.  Attached is some "Proof".

Thanks Ev1L, thanks to your Pratchett reference and your photos I have now reconsidered my opinion.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
i want to see proof of this "ice wall" too, but only so that it can be compared to "ice walls" in greenland and measured in fall vs spring to measure its melting and the growth of the earth.