Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #800 on: July 31, 2016, 04:46:33 AM »
At the PSG / Leicester City match. Pretty great so far. PSG with the PK, and their goalie is playing lights out 1-0 at the moment.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 31, 2016, 07:59:56 PM »

We got mullered!
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 01, 2016, 02:31:38 AM »
I thought you guys had your own thread for that shit.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 12, 2016, 04:03:56 AM »
Patriots have an elite defense this season... Jimmy G will cruise. 3 wins! Brady back with a vengeance
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 12, 2016, 04:21:37 AM »
Meh, Pats will be lucky to win their division this year. Defense will be average to above average. Offense will be stale until Tom gets back, and we likely see a decline in production from him this year.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 12, 2016, 04:28:56 AM »
Are you high? The patriots look fantastic this year, assuming no significant drop off from Brady, (no reason to assume otherwise) they're better than last season, offensively and defensively,  and the competition is worse.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 12, 2016, 04:35:06 AM »
Also thought you loved those odds, which if I understand correctly, the patriots are strong favorites for winning the superb owl

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 12, 2016, 04:36:17 AM »
There is a reason to assume, given that he isn't getting younger. I'm not sure what looks fantastic about not having their best quarterback to start the season. They can't keep winning forever. They've had a great run, but they'll experience a drop eventually, like every team ever.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 12, 2016, 04:48:26 AM »
There is no reason to assume Brady, who has a great season last year considering injuries and a shitty line,  will have a sharp decline, and they've improved there team on all fronts.... don't really understand why you think they'll suck, especially considering most of their competition is downgrading

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 12, 2016, 04:51:04 AM »
this thread is gay
The Mastery.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 12, 2016, 04:52:51 AM »
Never said they'll suck, but they won't be as good as the last two seasons. I'll be surprised if no one in the division gives them an actual challenge this year.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 12, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »
junker, even if the patriots lose  4 games with Jimmy G (they wont) the patriots are unreal... Edelman, gronk, Bennette... Our defense is the best its been in years.... chill

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 12, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
In other (more interesting, global sport) news.

Second day of the 4th test against Pakistan at the Oval.  Moeen Ali's century yesterday helped England claw back from 110 for 5 after our openers collapsed. Again the middle order & tail doing all the work, Bairstow-55 and Woakes-45.

England already 2-1 for the test, Pakistan need a win to draw. England finshed at 328 all out, Pakistan had to hold on for ten minutes before close of play but Aslam was trapped LBW by Broad for 3.

A lovely sunny day coverage just about to start on the BBC online (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/36840121), work is slow, get in.

Edit; Well it's now 12.09, the Pakistani "night watchman" Yasir OUT! Caught Root, bowled Finn, that took longer than it should have.
The night-watchman isn't a nick name it's a position in cricket where a low order batsman comes in at the end of the day to stop better players being dismissed due to failing light, tiredness or the sniper fire that is allowed in the last quarter of an hour of the days play or even the first balls of the new day. 52 for 2.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:27:49 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 12, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
junker, even if the patriots lose  4 games with Jimmy G (they wont) the patriots are unreal... Edelman, gronk, Bennette... Our defense is the best its been in years.... chill

I did forget about Bennett. That should pay off when Brady is back.

What's so good about the defense this year? I'm pretty sure it was better two years ago.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 12, 2016, 01:06:34 PM »
Well It's nearly 2.00 on a beautiful afternoon and Pakistan are 110 for 2, courtesy of England's fielders dropping 3 catches, appalling, don't get me wrong here, a cricket ball isn't like that spongy thing base ballers still need a square yard of padding to catch, think more of a lump of concrete wrapped in leather and only the keeper is allowed gloves (and they are full of ants), but they are supposed to have practised this shit!
Well at least the ball has started to swing a bit, hope yet.

Edit. 2.45, Moeen Ali on to bowl off spin as the ball softens. Azhar tries the sweep, seems to catch his pad, we call for LBW, Umpire says not out, England call for a review, checked with hotspot finds a white spot on Azhars glove and it’s given out caught, sweet. 143 for 3
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:47:25 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 20, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
Man City with a solid opening two showings to start the league.

Looking forward to that Man U match in a few weeks. Going to put Zlatan in his place.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 28, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »
I have two fantasy football drafts at the same time tonight. Second season playing, I lost by like two fucking points last season in the final... Fuckin amari cooper....

Rama Set

« Reply #817 on: August 28, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »
Hope you don't have Dez Bryant

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 28, 2016, 05:53:36 PM »
I have two fantasy football drafts at the same time tonight. Second season playing, I lost by like two fucking points last season in the final... Fuckin amari cooper....

I have two drafts this week. Looking forward to the 12-team, $100 buy in league. Can actually make a decent return. The other one is a scrubby $20 buy in but still fun.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:28 PM »
I'm in a $20, 10 team and $40, 12 team, I think.