Re: Question for Flat Earthers
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 08:56:59 PM »
Actually the chain of debate goes as follows:

RE: Look at these Round Earth distances compared to this hypothetical Flat Earth model I found!! They prove Flat Earth fake!

FE: Actually, we do not have an official map or layout of the earth because we cannot trust those distances, as they rely on a Round Earth coordinate system which has never been demonstrated to be accurate.

RE: GPS is true fact, prove me wrong!

FE: If that is your positive claim you are putting fourth, that is your burden to show.

RE: Wahhhh x 8 pages
The coordinate system we use is shown to be correct at all times.  Please give some examples where it is not, and not 'we can't, it's too difficult for us'.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »

RE: Look at these Round Earth distances compared to this hypothetical Flat Earth model I found!! They prove Flat Earth fake!

FE: Actually, we do not have an official map or layout of the earth because we cannot trust those distances, as they rely on a Round Earth coordinate system which has never been demonstrated to be accurate.

FE: If that is your positive claim you are putting fourth, that is your burden to show.

The coordinate system we use is shown to be correct at all times.

Source?

Please give some examples where it is not, and not 'we can't, it's too difficult for us'.

Can't you read? That is your positive claim to demonstrate.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »

Trouble is Tom, I didn't once mention GPS in my response.

The evidence we have here depends only on having a very rough idea about how fast airliners can fly.   We don't even need an accurate number because the errors inherent in flattening a sphere into a plane will ALWAYS be huge in some areas of the map - and the quadrilateral cities proof demonstrates that.   So your only line of defense is pathetic posts like the one above (which convey no information) - or your increasingly desperate efforts to claim that 787 airliners can really fly in exceess of Mach 2.

Since you have no evidence of any kind - nor any means to counter the very strong arguments that keep popping up here - you resort to the kinds of puerile responses we see above.  It's actually rather sad to watch.

So...still no new thread from you about where the photons go at sunset?   No?   OK - still waiting.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:25 AM »
So, according to Tom, GPS isn’t accurate, despite the fact that’s it’s used by millions of users to successfully navigate missiles, drones, aircraft, ships, cars, pedestrians, etc. every single day ? 

Go on Tom, tell me why this mountain of empirical data isn’t sufficient proof ?

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »

The coordinate system we use is shown to be correct at all times.

Source?

Please give some examples where it is not, and not 'we can't, it's too difficult for us'.

Can't you read? That is your positive claim to demonstrate.
Because it is correct and repeatable.  Please refer to documentation.

Your carefully crafted quaint way of writing does not fool us.  Your scheme is to never provide any proof that measurements made today are wrong.