when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #741 on: September 21, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
What about the 2004 series?

That's up next.

I started that one but never finished, even though I meant to. I should watch it soon as well.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 21, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »
Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Instantly one of my favorite horror films. Polanski's ability to create suspense is phenomenal.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 21, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »

That's up next.
Are you going to watch the Stargate franchise some time?
The Mastery.

Offline Daniel Jackson

• Ph.D. archaeology & cunning linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 21, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »

That's up next.

Great series. I recommend it with the highest honors. Take it from me, the real Daniel Jackson.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »
I have finished the fourth season of Breaking Bad.  Apparently this is where the show jumped the shark.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 25, 2014, 04:25:50 AM »
I have finished the fourth season of Breaking Bad.  Apparently this is where the show jumped the shark.
Disagree
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Rama Set

« Reply #747 on: September 26, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »

It starts with one of my favorite scenes I have ever seen on a TV show (Gus visits the lab) and has an awesome ending (Gus visits the hospital) and the in between was excellent.  What was too much for you?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #748 on: September 26, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »

It starts with one of my favorite scenes I have ever seen on a TV show (Gus visits the lab) and has an awesome ending (Gus visits the hospital) and the in between was excellent.  What was too much for you?

I thought it was great.  What I meant was that I've heard from a few people that the final season is a big step down from the rest of the show's quality.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 27, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »

That's up next.

Perhaps. I generally decide what I'm going to watch next after I finish watching the last thing.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 27, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »

That's up next.

Perhaps. I generally decide what I'm going to watch next after I finish watching the last thing.

And this time you are deciding to watch Twin Peaks. Thanks.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #751 on: September 29, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
I have now finished Breaking Bad.  While I'm sure that most of you have probably already watched it (at least out of those of you who would be interested in watching such a show), I still feel like sharing my thoughts.  No spoilers, I promise.

First of all, the setting is great.  It would have been easy for these guys to move it a little bit to the west and set it in Los Angeles because we don't have nearly enough TV shows, movies, etc. set in fucking Los Angeles these days, or move it a little bit to the east and set it in Texas and give us a bunch of yee-haws and cowboy hats.  Instead, they took a chance on a setting that we don't see too often, with an interesting culture and a look and feel that fits the show perfectly.  It's a modern Western of sorts, but one that's written so well that it avoids almost all of the clichés that most Westerns suffer from.

Speaking of the writing, it's fantastic.  What particularly stands out about it (and the directing) is the blend of gritty realism and occasional bursts of - let's face it, complete and utter silliness.  The goofy montages with the offbeat, jarring music.  Walter pulling ridiculous solutions to his problems out of his ass with SCIENCE!  Saul is basically a cartoon character.  Gus is pretty much a Bond villain.  I could go on, but the point is that this isn't a bad thing.  It actually plays a vital role in livening up the show and making it entertaining as well as compelling.  Most importantly of all, it never - well, almost never - overplays this element and make the story seem too far-fetched.

I was somewhat disappointed with the final season.  A lot of it is just filler, and the new antagonists were really, really lame.  I won't go into more detail because spoilers oh no, but I'm sure those of you who have yet to watch this will see what I mean when you get around to that part.  Still, it was a reasonably satisfying conclusion to the series, and with the finale in particular I was especially glad to see that they kept it nice and straightforward, with none of that stupid, "deep," abstract bullshit that certain other shows concluded with.

I'm not sure if I have anything else to say about it.  I tried to avoid talking about things that the critics and reviewers have already discussed to death, which is why I'm not bothering with praising Bryan Cranston's performance or whatever.  Anyway, the show is gud, watch it if you haven't already.

tl;dr Snape kills Dumbledore

Ghost of V

« Reply #752 on: September 29, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
tl;dr Snape kills Dumbledore

You son of a bitch.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »

That's up next.

Now downloading obtaining through legitimate and above-board means. I'll be watching the opening mini-series shortly.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 06, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
Gone Girl (David Fincher)

This film was way better than I had expected and I think it is one of Fincher's best works.

Rama Set

« Reply #755 on: October 06, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »

That's up next.

Now downloading obtaining through legitimate and above-board means. I'll be watching the opening mini-series shortly.

Have fun.  Its my fave <3

Ghost of V

« Reply #756 on: October 06, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

This film was way better than I had expected and I think it is one of Fincher's best works.

https://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/

Twin Peaks is coming back with new episodes in 2016.

Thought you might be interested.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 06, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »

https://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/

Twin Peaks is coming back with new episodes in 2016.

Thought you might be interested.

He has already been informed.

IT WAS ALL ME

Ghost of V

« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
I really don't know how I feel about new episodes of Twin Peaks... I'm conflicted.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 06, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
I really don't know how I feel about new episodes of Twin Peaks... I'm conflicted.
As far as I'm concerned: it's new shit from David Lynch — I am happy.