Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #2180 on: August 04, 2022, 05:55:56 PM »
The new  minion movie had a massive pacing issue where it had to cram 3 plotlines and 6 villians into an hour and a half.  It did it well enough but damn...

Also, Saw Buzz Lightyear.
This movie was bad.  Not because it was "woke" but because it was bad.  Badly written, plot holes in dumb places, a twist that made no god damn sense, and a motivation that, while it kinda makes sense, is still just dumb and basically makes the entire point of the movie, which is supposed to be the movie they made in the toy story universe, not suitable for the target audience.  My 4 year old and 7 year old both got bored half way through.

Its an adult movie, trying to be a kids movie, while being shitty scifi.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 04, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »
I always forget about this thread.

Elvis was the first movie I've seen in theaters since the pandemic. It was good and fun and sad. Austin Butler clearly put in a lot of effort to sound like Elvis. His speaking voice consistently impressed me. On the flip side of that, Richard Roxburgh was a weird choice for Vernon, he could have worked on his American accent a bit more.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 04, 2022, 06:58:54 PM »
Thor 4

Better than Thor 2.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 04, 2022, 07:40:32 PM »
Thor 4

Better than Thor 2.
A ringing endorsement there.

« Reply #2184 on: August 12, 2022, 04:53:02 AM »
i just watched Prey. i can't believe i'm saying this about a predator sequel, but it was really good.

the pacing was nearly perfect. the audio mixing was literally perfect (i didn't have to adjust the volume at all). the action scenes were tight with very few quick cuts, and they didn't drag on and on.

my only real beefs are that the ending was kind of dumb, and that the main character looks so much like aubrey plaza that i couldn't stop seeing april ludgate.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 12, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »
i just watched Prey. i can't believe i'm saying this about a predator sequel, but it was really good.

the pacing was nearly perfect. the audio mixing was literally perfect (i didn't have to adjust the volume at all). the action scenes were tight with very few quick cuts, and they didn't drag on and on.

my only real beefs are that the ending was kind of dumb, and that the main character looks so much like aubrey plaza that i couldn't stop seeing april ludgate.
Weird. I agree with literally everything you said.

It made me wish they'd do Predator movies kind of like Assassin's Creed games. Just standalones around the world at different times. Not that they need to but I've never had any interest in seeing the other Predator movies (outside of the original I LOVE the original) until this one.