Dual1ty

Re: Trump
« Reply #10440 on: May 17, 2023, 02:27:57 PM »
I think the biggest takeaway from the lawsuit are Trump's poll numbers. I don't think this lawsuit actually changed anyone's mind. Either you liked Trump before it or you didn't. Anyone fence sitting at this point probably doesn't like either candidate regardless.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

Yeah, but anything like this manufactured sexual abuse scandal keeps Trump relevant and the circus going. And makes people who like him like him more and people who hate him hate him more (in other words - even more emotional investment in Trump by the public), etc.

All about hypnosis if you ask me.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 05:32:26 PM by Dual1ty »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: May 17, 2023, 09:03:13 PM »
No, I didn't say that it "ought to have been higher", just that it seems unreasonably low TO ME.
Often times in cases like this, the monetary judgement is almost completely irrelevant.  That a jury found Trump liable for wrongdoing is the significant part.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Dual1ty

« Reply #10442 on: May 17, 2023, 09:12:20 PM »
No, I didn't say that it "ought to have been higher", just that it seems unreasonably low TO ME.
Often times in cases like this, the monetary judgement is almost completely irrelevant.  That a jury found Trump liable for wrongdoing is the significant part.

Yes, because look at the headlines now...

The social engineers are really preparing America for civil war with Trump vs. Biden 2024 it seems. At the very least it's going to be a shitshow.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: May 18, 2023, 06:22:08 PM »
If Trump wins the nomination then I wonder who he will choose as his running mate. His supporters tried to hang Pence, so I think we can be reasonably certain he won't be the choice for 2024.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: May 18, 2023, 09:21:48 PM »
If Trump wins the nomination then I wonder who he will choose as his running mate. His supporters tried to hang Pence, so I think we can be reasonably certain he won't be the choice for 2024.
He'll choose one of his kids.  Easy to control. And they've already been in the white house.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: May 18, 2023, 09:46:29 PM »
He'll choose one of his kids.  Easy to control. And they've already been in the white house.

Don't count out MTG. That chick is sharp, she's going places.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: May 18, 2023, 10:28:35 PM »

Don't count out MTG. That chick is sharp, she's going places.
Nah.  She's too useful on the senate floor.  Plus, Trump would hate having someone whose just as media noted as him.  He'd have to fight for the insanity spotlight daily with MTG.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: May 19, 2023, 12:58:40 PM »

The social engineers are really preparing America for civil war with Trump vs. Biden 2024 it seems. At the very least it's going to be a shitshow.

The social engineers are in your head.

We have Trump, Bill Barr, Steven Bannon, Roger Stone and a bunch of the other human sewage on tape discussing the fact that they could lose the election. They came up with this plan (lie) to tell everyone that the voting machines were tampered with. They would have Trump call the election officials in Georgia and lean on them to falsify paperwork then have Pence refuse to acknowledge the election results. Roger Stone and the Proud Boys would call the radical freak army to attack the capitol and seize power. Fox Broadcasting would provide TV support for the lie and Russia would provide support through the social media. The Republican party is collaborating with a national adversary to subvert our democracy.
It's all documented but since no one in the U.S. reads, they have no clue what's happening.

And just to save time having to listen to the usual conservative bullshit...
I don't watch CNN so shut up about that.
I've supported Republicans all my life.
I've seen Russian cyber-handiwork up close.

The Republican party is divided between corrupt shitheads who know the story but they're ok with it and the ignorant shitheads who don't know the story. They are supporting Russia's expansion in Europe because Russia will support them in the next election.
The Republicans want to be Russia. They want to be able to incarcerate homosexuals, they want to ban books, they want to establish a government church and state media. Trump's first year in office he tried to federalize our election data like elections in Russia.

Every person of any quality has been run out of the Republican party. I will never vote for another Republican traitor for the rest of my life.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Dual1ty

« Reply #10448 on: May 19, 2023, 07:10:17 PM »

The social engineers are in your head.

Yes. All in my head. ;D

Didn't bother to read the rest of your rant, sorry!

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: May 19, 2023, 11:26:28 PM »
Yes. All in my head. ;D

That was an excellent compilation of the voices in your head.
We know that you get all your info from the one true media, YouTube.

Idiots with no exposure to the real world will always be susceptible to the bullshit from people like Fox Broadcasting, small network owners like Sinclair, freaks like Alex Jones and an entire menagerie of YouTube quacks. It all targets people who don't read.

tl:dr
Trump and his movement are a traitorous bunch of shit working to turn our country into part of the new Soviet Union that Russia wants to create. They do this in exchange for part of the power. It's all happening in front of our faces but people who don't bother to read are too busy surfing YouTube.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: May 20, 2023, 12:51:29 AM »
It's remarkable how often I see conservatives and MAGA types share that clip as a jab at the supposed liberal media establishment, apparently not realizing that it was a conservative media organization that was pushing a conservative agenda. Elon Musk himself tried to frame it that way about a month ago.

On the notion of Trump's VP, it won't be MTG (who is in the House btw, not the Senate) or his kids. Beyond the fact that, like Dave pointed out, Trump wouldn't want anyone getting the attention that he views as rightfully his, what would be the point of it strategically? Nobody who wasn't already going to vote for Trump beforehand will be persuaded by a mini-Trump joining the ticket. As for needing someone he can control, well, I think the fact that Mike Pence's presidential aspirations were utterly destroyed and his political career was reduced to a footnote in the space of a single afternoon after he failed to play along with Trump's efforts to overturn the election are all the control Trump needs. It'll almost certainly be another be traditional Republican in an effort to make Trump more palatable to non-MAGA conservatives, and no matter how outwardly respectable they might be, we can be sure that they won't repeat Pence's mistake. No matter what outrageous, illegal, or dangerous stunt Trump tries to pull, they'll back him all the way, and so will the rest of the party.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 05:15:49 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: May 20, 2023, 02:24:54 AM »
On the notion of Trump's VP,

It's surprising how many Republican politicians Trump publicly sodomized that still suck up to him. He has plenty of options from penisless weasels like Lindsey Graham or Mitch McConnell. Big ol Chris Christie might come rushing back if they started tossing his name about. The rats fleeing the sinking ship will come rushing back for a good job.

He's got a fresh crop of extremist freak options other than MTG floating around the House. Boebert, Hawley. etc... Maybe an old classic like Sarah Palin...
Trumpian voters gonna be Trumpian voters.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 03:38:19 AM by Dr Van Nostrand »

Dual1ty

« Reply #10452 on: May 20, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »
It's remarkable how often I see conservatives and MAGA types share that clip as a jab at the supposed liberal media establishment, apparently not realizing that it was a conservative media organization that was pushing a conservative agenda. Elon Musk himself tried to frame it that way about a month ago.

Me? I know it's hard for you to believe, but I'm not a "conservative or MAGA type". Nice strawman attempt, though.

Yes. All in my head. ;D

That was an excellent compilation of the voices in your head.
We know that you get all your info from the one true media, YouTube.

Idiots with no exposure to the real world will always be susceptible to the bullshit from people like Fox Broadcasting, small network owners like Sinclair, freaks like Alex Jones and an entire menagerie of YouTube quacks. It all targets people who don't read.

That's a nice argument (not really). If only it was true. Another poor strawman attempt from a reality denying troll.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 08:12:10 AM by Dual1ty »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: May 20, 2023, 09:25:33 AM »

On the notion of Trump's VP, it won't be MTG (who is in the House btw, not the Senate) or his kids. Beyond the fact that, like Dave pointed out, Trump wouldn't want anyone getting the attention that he views as rightfully his, what would be the point of it strategically? Nobody who wasn't already going to vote for Trump beforehand will be persuaded by a mini-Trump joining the ticket. As for needing someone he can control, well, I think the fact Mike Pence's presidential aspirations were utterly destroyed and his political career was reduced to a footnote in the space of a single afternoon after he failed to play along with Trump's efforts to overturn the election are all the control Trump needs. It'll almost certainly be another be traditional Republican in an effort to make Trump more palatable to non-MAGA conservatives, and no matter how outwardly respectable they might be, we can be sure that they won't repeat Pence's mistake. No matter what outrageous, illegal, or dangerous stunt Trump tries to pull, they'll back him all the way, and so will the rest of the party.

I'm actually curious who'd agree to do it.  Like, after Pence, anyone who take that kind of risk?  Trump has thrown EVERYONE under the bus.  His AGs, his press secrataries, his VP, etc...
Plus he has little chance of winning.

Who would be dumb enough to destroy their political career just to fail at being VP?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: May 20, 2023, 12:13:07 PM »
Who would be dumb enough to destroy their political career just to fail at being VP?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are proud to announce,
Donald Trump's running mate and the next GOP Vice President of the United States!

Idiotic Pillow Guy!!!

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10455 on: May 20, 2023, 03:48:04 PM »
That's what we thought in 2016.  If there is one thing that we've learned from history is that we never learn from history.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: May 20, 2023, 04:44:52 PM »
That's what we thought in 2016.  If there is one thing that we've learned from history is that we never learn from history.
One would think that after his actions after the election he lost he’d basically be unelectable. But people are famously idiots and I’m starting to worry he could get in again, especially if the alternative is Biden again :(
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: May 20, 2023, 05:07:36 PM »
While it's still too early to take polls seriously, the fact that Biden is currently neck and neck with Trump in general election polls shows that he does in fact stand a chance of winning. The absolute biggest mistake Democrats can make in 2024 is the one they made in 2016: that the Democrat winning the election is a foregone conclusion. The absolute certainty of Trump being unelectable is what made him electable.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: May 20, 2023, 05:18:37 PM »
While it's still too early to take polls seriously, the fact that Biden is currently neck and neck with Trump in general election polls shows that he does in fact stand a chance of winning. The absolute biggest mistake Democrats can make in 2024 is the one they made in 2016: that the Democrat winning the election is a foregone conclusion. The absolute certainty of Trump being unelectable is what made him electable.

I'm sorry.... What?  Neck and neck?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: May 20, 2023, 05:51:10 PM »

I'm sorry.... What?  Neck and neck?

RCP Average   Trump +1.4

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 05:54:21 PM by Rushy »