Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9760 on: July 27, 2022, 07:09:00 PM »
There is no such thing as a "fake," elector.

In emails reviewed by The New York Times and authenticated by people who had worked with the Trump campaign at the time, one lawyer involved in the detailed discussions repeatedly used the word “fake” to refer to the so-called electors, who were intended to provide Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Trump’s allies in Congress a rationale for derailing the congressional process of certifying the outcome. And lawyers working on the proposal made clear they knew that the pro-Trump electors they were putting forward might not hold up to legal scrutiny.

“We would just be sending in ‘fake’ electoral votes to Pence so that ‘someone’ in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the ‘fake’ votes should be counted,” Jack Wilenchik, a Phoenix-based lawyer who helped organize the pro-Trump electors in Arizona, wrote in a Dec. 8, 2020, email to Boris Epshteyn, a strategic adviser for the Trump campaign.

In a follow-up email, Mr. Wilenchik wrote that “‘alternative’ votes is probably a better term than ‘fake’ votes,” adding a smiley face emoji.

Yeah, thanks for proving my point.

Somebody called them fake.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #9761 on: July 27, 2022, 07:21:21 PM »
Someone in the thread needs to pretend to be an idiot.

That would be me.

As opposed to the natural state of others.

You should refrain from personal attacks. We’d hate for you to get banned again.
Yeah, we know you won't be banned for calling me a "pretend idiot," right?

I said you were pretending to be an idiot, meaning that you aren’t an idiot just you know, pretending to be one.

The incumbent trying to defraud the election process is nothing to you. Glad to hear it.
Wait, now you're claiming fraud?

LOL!!!

Ohmegerd!
Is english your second language?

Careful now. There isn’t anything wrong with English not being someone’s native tongue.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: July 27, 2022, 07:30:45 PM »
Someone in the thread needs to pretend to be an idiot.

That would be me.

As opposed to the natural state of others.

You should refrain from personal attacks. We’d hate for you to get banned again.
Yeah, we know you won't be banned for calling me a "pretend idiot," right?

I said you were pretending to be an idiot, meaning that you aren’t an idiot just you know, pretending to be one.
And I accepted your insult.

The incumbent trying to defraud the election process is nothing to you. Glad to hear it.
Wait, now you're claiming fraud?

LOL!!!

Ohmegerd!
Is english your second language?
[/quote]

Careful now. There isn’t anything wrong with English not being someone’s native tongue.
[/quote]
Of course.

I was just asking because what you wrote doesn't resemble English at all.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:47:02 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #9763 on: July 27, 2022, 07:35:29 PM »

I never insulted you.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: July 27, 2022, 07:47:59 PM »

I never insulted you.
Okay, telling someone they are pretending to be an idiot is not an insult.

Gotcha.

Rama Set

« Reply #9765 on: July 27, 2022, 08:40:07 PM »

I never insulted you.
Okay, telling someone they are pretending to be an idiot is not an insult.

Gotcha.

I thought it was a tactic you were employing. Am I wrong about that?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: July 27, 2022, 09:38:35 PM »
Just curious.. how would YOU define a fake elector if you claiming to be an elector when you aren't doesn't make you a fake elector.

There is such a thing as an elector that is not recognized.
So what you're saying is that if I claim to be an elector, with forged documentation, I'm not a fake elector?  If I blackmail the appointed elector and take his place, that's not fake?  If no fake elector can exist, then that means that anyone who is recognized as an elector by anyone is automatically an elector.

Therefore, I appoint you,  Action80, an elector.  I recognize you as such.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: July 28, 2022, 01:32:41 AM »

In emails reviewed by The New York Times and authenticated by people who had worked with the Trump campaign at the time, one lawyer involved in the detailed discussions repeatedly used the word “fake” to refer to the so-called electors, who were intended to provide Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Trump’s allies in Congress a rationale for derailing the congressional process of certifying the outcome. And lawyers working on the proposal made clear they knew that the pro-Trump electors they were putting forward might not hold up to legal scrutiny.

“We would just be sending in ‘fake’ electoral votes to Pence so that ‘someone’ in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the ‘fake’ votes should be counted,” Jack Wilenchik, a Phoenix-based lawyer who helped organize the pro-Trump electors in Arizona, wrote in a Dec. 8, 2020, email to Boris Epshteyn, a strategic adviser for the Trump campaign.

In a follow-up email, Mr. Wilenchik wrote that “‘alternative’ votes is probably a better term than ‘fake’ votes,” adding a smiley face emoji.

Yes, the attorney called them fake because that's what they were, fake.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: July 28, 2022, 03:38:35 AM »

Yes, the attorney called them fake because that's what they were, fake.
The attorney calling them fake makes no difference nor does it make them fake.

It does make for a cool story though.

He could've called them flying monkeys and that would've been just as legitimate.

The reporting you provide demonstrates that quite clearly.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 12:12:39 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: July 28, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »
Just curious.. how would YOU define a fake elector if you claiming to be an elector when you aren't doesn't make you a fake elector.

So what you're saying is that if I claim to be an elector, with forged documentation, I'm not a fake elector?  If I blackmail the appointed elector and take his place, that's not fake?  If no fake elector can exist, then that means that anyone who is recognized as an elector by anyone is automatically an elector.

What "forged documentation?"

The documentation is what it is.

As an elector, you become recognized by the body in charge of recognizing the electors.

Rama Set

« Reply #9770 on: July 28, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »

As an elector, you become recognized by the body in charge of recognizing the electors.

Exactly. Trump and his team were explicitly proposing putting forth electors that were not officially recognized. Not the real electors. The fake ones. Just like they called them.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: July 28, 2022, 12:33:10 PM »

The official documentation, signed by the governor, of which electors are selected for the state, of course.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: July 28, 2022, 07:58:27 PM »

The official documentation, signed by the governor, of which electors are selected for the state, of course.
Oh, so the governor is signing the slate, not Trump.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: July 28, 2022, 08:42:37 PM »
Trump is planning on winning Presidency 2024. Will the Dems steal the election again? Biden has more than crushed this country in one year. What a dufus and the fools that cheated for him.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: July 28, 2022, 08:47:39 PM »
Trump is planning on winning Presidency 2024.

Call me crazy, but don't most presidential candidates plan (hope) on winning?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: July 28, 2022, 08:53:19 PM »
Trump is planning on winning Presidency 2024. Will the Dems steal the election again? Biden has more than crushed this country in one year. What a dufus and the fools that cheated for him.

You understand that we have a lot of Trump's people on tape in their own voice talking about the stolen election lie.
They discussed the fact that they didn't have to win the election just convince enough idiots that the election was rigged to cause a problem.
Bob Barr, Steve Bannon, Roger Stone knew that Trump lost the election but built this conspiracy lie. Every one of the idiots that attacked our capital and ended up in jail came to realize it was all bullshit.

What will it take for you to understand that you have been lied to by washed up, 1990s, flim-flam man?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: July 28, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »

?? Have I said otherwise?
Trump can't appoint electors.  Or verify them.  Or sign the Certificate of Ascertainment.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: July 29, 2022, 07:33:08 AM »

Trump can't appoint electors.  Or verify them.  Or sign the Certificate of Ascertainment.
Oh, kinda shoots the foot of the story of the DOJ investigating Trump in any involvement.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: July 29, 2022, 07:54:20 AM »
Here's a pretty comprehensive primer on what the fake electors thing is all about, excerpt:

The Fake Electors Scheme, Explained
The plan to reverse the outcome of the 2020 election by creating slates of electors pledged to Donald Trump in states he had lost was expansive, long-running and often confusing.

Most simply, Mr. Trump and his allies sought to convince Mr. Pence to count the pro-Trump slates, reject those saying Mr. Biden had won and thus unilaterally keep the former president in office.

Alternatively, the Trump team hoped that Mr. Pence might declare the election to be irreparably defective and, under the Electoral Count Act of 1887, let state delegations in the House of Representatives decide the election themselves, a process that would also have given Mr. Trump his victory.

In yet a third option, Mr. Trump and his allies thought Mr. Pence could choose to delay the certification of the electors count, providing the former president with more time to prove his claims of fraud or mount a last-ditch challenge in a Supreme Court case.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: July 29, 2022, 07:58:08 AM »

Oh, kinda shoots the foot of the story of the DOJ investigating Trump in any involvement.

Why?
Are you saying that one can't be involved in a crime unless one is there, physically doing the crime?