Weather Balloon?
« on: October 19, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
Has anyone every tried launching a weather balloon with a camera attached? All the debates and arguments could be solved pretty quickly by just taking a picture from 87.000 ft in the air right?

Re: Weather Balloon?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:40:56 AM »
How do other amateur rocket endeavours measure their claims?

Altitude verification for the rocket will be primarily based on signals from an onboard Trimble GPS receiver. Backup will come from accelerometer data.

But in fact satellites orbit at a much lower altitude, and are powered by Tesla's cosmic ray device.

An altimeter actually includes an aneroid barometer which measures the atmospheric pressure. A radar altimeter uses radio signals. Both methods do not take into account the layers of aether which exist starting at about 13-14 km in altitude and going to about 15 km, and which influence both the pressure reading and also the distance actually travelled by the radar waves.

Nasa managed to keep the true facts away from public view regarding its missions: that is, the crafts ran into a belt of resistance much quicker  and at a much lower altitude (12-13 km) than previously thought. For example, in 1958, the Explorer, after sending back some data, not only slowed down, but it went hay-wire as all the electrical circuits on board, including the transmitter and receiver, literally 'fried' out, burned up in the strong electro-magnetic currents of the radiation belt.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 08:03:21 AM »
This is the reason why, in less than five minutes, any debate on how amateur radio operators measure the distance from the earth to the moon by transmitting a signal to the moon (speed of radio waves), or radar signals, is pretty much over (UAFE vs. RE).

Ether waves = radio waves

By having eliminated the correct definition of an electromagnetic wave, the very concept of ether physics from the FAQ, from the very start, the Flat Earth Society has no choice but to accept defeat when it comes to these subjects/discussions.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
I'm totally new here so excuse me for asking.

I only see 3 threads here. 1 question about a weather balloon
And 2 replies by sandokhan that to me makes no sense regarding the
Question. ?
Am I missing something here ?

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
Here is the claim:

All the debates and arguments could be solved pretty quickly by just taking a picture from 87.000 ft in the air right?

Here is how altitude is measured in weather balloons:

http://www.webmet.com/met_monitoring/912.html

The altitude of the balloon is typically determined using thermodynamic variables or through the use of satellite-based Global Positioning Systems (GPS). Pressure is usually measured by a capacitance aneroid barometer or similar sensor.

I debunked both possibilities by showing that the aether pressure is not taken into consideration when recording the pressure by an aneroid barometer (not to mention GPS).

Therefore my answer is directly related to the first post.

Perhaps you are new here but the UAFE cannot defend any claims made by the RE when it comes to radar signals, speed of radio waves, GPS signals, or aneroid barometer pressure measurements: I emphasized the fact that only by taking into account ether physics, as I have done, can these questions/matters be answered/resolved within the correct FE theory.

That wasn't too difficult, was it?

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
ok fine forget the altitude. Just send a weather balloon really high you can buy one for 55$ as I have so linked get a film camera snap a picture retrieve the camera. Develop the film yourself and you will quite quickly be able to see if the earth is flat or spherical. No argument necessary.

I wager that anyone who would refuse such an inexpensive endeavor simply does not want to know the truth.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »

But in fact satellites orbit at a much lower altitude, and are powered by Tesla's cosmic ray device.

Just one device keeps all of the satellites in orbit? Or are there multiple?

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »
ok fine forget the altitude. Just send a weather balloon really high you can buy one for 55$ as I have so linked get a film camera snap a picture retrieve the camera. Develop the film yourself and you will quite quickly be able to see if the earth is flat or spherical. No argument necessary.

I wager that anyone who would refuse such an inexpensive endeavor simply does not want to know the truth.

You should search for weather balloon images or high altitude pictures
On either Google or YouTube. Something like that.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »
We don't deny that there is some curvature at high altitudes from a balloon. A circle is curved. Looking down at a large circle will, of course, produce some curvature to the horizon. That is to be expected.

Consider MIT's $150 Edge-of-Space Camera. This scene can be easily explained as the result of looking down at an illuminated circle:

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »
We don't deny that there is some curvature at high altitudes from a balloon. A circle is curved. Looking down at a large circle will, of course, produce some curvature to the horizon. That is to be expected.

Consider MIT's $150 Edge-of-Space Camera. This scene can be easily explained as the result of looking down at an illuminated circle:

Interesting point. A simple experiment then would be to replicate that photo at numerous points on the earth and at the exact altitude, then see if there is any difference in the 'distance' of the curved horizon, no?

If I stood in the center of a massive circle and climbed a ladder 10 feet high, I could see the curvature of said circle, and note how far away the 'edge' is right? Now if I moved that ladder to within a few feet of the outside of that circle and climbed it, the 'edge' would be....closer yes?

If the earth is a sphere, then at that exact altitude, the curved horizon should look exactly the same no matter where the experiment is replicated.

An illuminated disc, which accounts for the curve at 'x' altitude is still a disc. Moving the experiment to South America or Alaska or China and doing the same thing....should make the horizon appear at a different distance at the same altitude...because there's no constant, continuous curvature.

Right?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:52:20 PM by Disgraced_Shield »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
Yes, but Round Earthers would attribute any discrepancy in curvature to dawn/dusk, the type of lens used, optical illusion mirages, etc.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 07:43:13 PM »
The alleged altitudes of the best known weather balloons missions (BU60-1 and DIY Alexei K.) 53 km and 30 km respectively, were measured using a GPS device.

It is interesting to note that the photographs from high altitude weather balloons look exactly the same as those taken aboard a Concorde (alleged altitude of some 18 km - of course, much lower in reality):

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
Yes, but Round Earthers would attribute any discrepancy in curvature to dawn/dusk, the type of lens used, optical illusion mirages, etc.

No more quickly than a flat-earther would attribute a lack of discrepancies in curvature to exactly the same reasons I'd wager.  ;)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »

No more quickly than a flat-earther would attribute a lack of discrepancies in curvature to exactly the same reasons I'd wager.  ;)

It would me more difficult to explain consistency than deny inconsistency.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »

Please do. Say this experiment was conducted and seven or eight photos from different points of the earth show no difference in the 'distance' of the horizon. What would your explanation be?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:20 PM »

Please do. Say this experiment was conducted and seven or eight photos from different points of the earth show no difference in the 'distance' of the horizon. What would your explanation be?

If the tests were appropriately designed, and horizon looked the same in all instances, then that would be strong evidence in favor of a Round Earth.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
Here's my own result from 24180 meters (24,18 km) above West Sealand, Denmark.

http://andruszkow.dk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/09-10-2015.jpeg

Funny thing, from all the amateur images I've seen with unmodded camera sensors from this altitude, the curvature at display is exactly the same, no matter where in the world the image has been taken.

When will you, for the sake of mankind, just STOP believing in this flat earth nonsense? People are spinning gold off of your gullible nature.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:23 AM »
On top of that, Denmark is pretty close to the "middle" of the Flat Earth map, so compared to other images where you guys claim there's a visible curve of the edge of the disc, my camera should have been a lot higher than 24km to see a curve this prominent.

Offline Yendor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »
On top of that, Denmark is pretty close to the "middle" of the Flat Earth map, so compared to other images where you guys claim there's a visible curve of the edge of the disc, my camera should have been a lot higher than 24km to see a curve this prominent.

I would certainly not call this prominent curvature. The most it is a slight curvature if any.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »
Slight, prominent, what difference does it make? Also, your line is touching the horizon in the middle, but doesn't in the ends...

Honestly, that was an own goal.