Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
The four most popular flat Earth supporters making videos on YouTube - Eric Dubay, Mark Sargent, Matt Boylan and Jeranism, all never acknowledge or address this: All of these guys are claiming the "drop" in elevation between two points on the ocean is the curve height, when the curve height is four times less than that figure.

I'm not good enough at maths to know if it is "always four times difference" but it seems to always be around that, from manually drawing and measuring it in millimeters.

I feel like I have been given the runaround by these guys honestly!

You'd never see someone like Tom Bishop overlooking this fact, it is basic math.

For example 8 inches per mile x 10 miles x 10 miles = 800 inches aka 66.7 feet. The flat Earthers will then claim the hump of water is that height, when it isn't! The hump over 10 miles would actually be 25% of that figure, so 16.7 feet.

These guys are all scammers/conmen. Confidence tricksters, doing a long con selling books and getting donations. I think Sargent might even be going on CNN or something, just lol.

I just came running back here once I realized this. Of course I got banned on Dubay's forum lol, who wasn't.

Bottom line:

The drop height is being touted around as though it were the curve height.

To quote Jeranism:

"I'm not that bright, but I'm not that stupid either".

These guys are all tarnishing the credibility of the flat Earth model.  :(

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:39:45 AM by Theorist »

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
Re: None of the flat Earther's on YouTube are addressing this...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 06:23:58 AM »
The 25% is correct.

Think of it as the drop at the mid point,  which is  1/4 of the drop at the end point.   simply because it's  (1/2)2

Good point to keep in mind when dealing with curvature calculations.

Tom

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:34:23 AM »
It's too easy to denigrate people like Jeran because of one mistake.

He and many others are putting the flat earth on the map!

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:03:54 AM »
Folks, you just draw it and measure it. Its not really so much maths as drawing it accurately then reading numbers off a ruler. :p