Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: How did NASA fake zero gravity (at length) in 1969?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:57 PM »
Also, the lack of pan does not insinuate that the moon-landings are fakes either.

Actually, it does insinuate that.
Then it's a good thing that I found a video showing such a pan on the moon.

That's not video footage.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:48 AM »
Also, the lack of pan does not insinuate that the moon-landings are fakes either.

Then, pray tell, what is it?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »

Then, pray tell, what is it?

Goalposts. Tom just moved then.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
So just to be clear, at some point in this thread it was already determined that there is zero gravity on the moon and that video pans on the moon are therefore relevant? I must have missed that.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 11:29:09 PM »
So just to be clear, at some point in this thread it was already determined that there is zero gravity on the moon and that video pans on the moon are therefore relevant? I must have missed that.
Someone said that they had reviewed thousands of hours of NASA video and hadn't found any 180 degree panoramas.  The moon rover pan was one that I found fairly quickly, however a quick Google/Youtube search reveals pans in various space environments.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 12:11:41 AM »
We all know about those panoramas. Those were specifically staged parts of the missions, taken with special rotating equipment, this one being from the Lunar Rover.

I am saying, that the video cameras the astronauts had should have made sweeping views of the landscape. It would only be natural for any astronaut new to a foreign world to do that. A staged panoramic, taken as part of the mission, falls outside of this scope.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 12:12:24 AM »
Someone said that they had reviewed thousands of hours of NASA video and hadn't found any 180 degree panoramas.  The moon rover pan was one that I found fairly quickly, however a quick Google/Youtube search reveals pans in various space environments.

Okay, but that's not relevant. We're talking about how zero gravity is faked, and the moon has gravity in RET. That wouldn't have had to fake that in the same way.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 03:30:28 AM »
We all know about those panoramas. Those were specifically staged parts of the missions, taken with special rotating equipment, this one being from the Lunar Rover.

I am saying, that the video cameras the astronauts had should have made sweeping views of the landscape. It would only be natural for any astronaut new to a foreign world to do that. A staged panoramic, taken as part of the mission, falls outside of this scope.
First of all...  What the Th*rk are you saying?  How is an unplanned panorama any more legitimate than a planned panorama?  Remember that astronauts, especially the Apollo era astronauts, are highly trained professionals on scientific missions, not starry eyed tourists.

Secondly, the Apollo astronauts didn't carry video cameras. but they did take panoramas with their still cameras.
http://moonpans.com/prints/fullpans.htm

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
How is an unplanned panorama any more legitimate than a planned panorama?

Think.

Secondly, the Apollo astronauts didn't carry video cameras. but they did take panoramas with their still cameras.

There are a lot of examples where astronauts have hand-held video cameras.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »
How is an unplanned panorama any more legitimate than a planned panorama?

Think.
I have.  If NASA is faking everything, then how do you know which panoramas were planned and which ones were unplanned?

There are a lot of examples where astronauts have hand-held video cameras.
Then please provide some of those examples.

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 12:53:54 AM »
There is absolutely zero (0, nil, none) evidence that any of the 60s/70s moon footage was taken in a plane. The fact that is even a question just shows what lengths FEF believers will go to in order to discredit mankind's achievements.

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 01:14:47 AM »
There is absolutely zero (0, nil, none) evidence that any of the 60s/70s moon footage was taken in a plane. The fact that is even a question just shows what lengths FEF believers will go to in order to discredit mankind's achievements.

It being mankind's greatest "achievement" is precisely why the dire lack of videos showing them panning all the way around is fantastically dubious. NASA has this covered, they claim to have "lost" 700-900 boxes of tapes of moon landings. That's not tapes folks, thats boxes of tapes.

This doesn't help the round Earth argument either.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 01:16:49 AM »
Over thousands of hours of footage you don't need to collect any data on why the camera never does a half circle, or approximate half circle.

We already know there's thousands of hours of footage in space where it never happens once.
Why should we believe that you have personally viewed all those thousands of hours of footage?

Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy, markjo. Do you have any arguments that aren't fallacious?
Probably not.  I guess that I don't have any evidence that wasn't obviously faked either. ::)

The camera never finishes a 360° turn. It turns to the left very slowly, making it appear to be going all the way around - Then it stops. It never shows the lander again when panning left. Then it (conveniently) changes directions to go right, very slowly. Not one single 360° turn was made.

Try harder next time.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:18:29 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”