Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
How did NASA fake zero gravity (at length) in 1969?
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »
Supposing NASA sent guys high up in their rocket in 1969 and they faked how far away they are from Earth (see "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon") OK right I can believe it could happen, but how did they have lengthy footage of them floating around in the spacecraft if they were still in a low orbit?

This destroys flat earth theory unless you can prove how they faked weightlessness, whilst in low orbit.

Then again if they were a lot closer to the earth than they said how are they weightless anyway?!

Earth filled the whole window and they supposedly used a paper cutout to make earth seem further away and of course this enforces the idea earth is a ball, not a disc.

To fake zero gravity in that way means they had some sort of machine in 1969 that could fly above earth as a plane does and yet have zero gravity inside. So, zero gravity inside, normal atmosphere outside. For flat earth to be true, they couldn't really be weightless where they were.  :P

This proves they were indeed miles and miles up. Its just that yeah they weren't anywhere near the moon and never went. Faking the distance from the earth was imperative. I can accept all of that and the Bart Sibrel stuff, but what about them floating around inside the craft?

Thork

Re: How did NASA fake zero gravity (at length) in 1969?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
Because those weightless bits of footage were taken in a vomit comet?

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
Because those weightless bits of footage were taken in a vomit comet?

I can't see how they would be able to patch together all those short segments but OK, I can believe it. They had Stanley Kubrick helping let's not forget.

Its hard to tell because NASA has billions of dollars and could easily make it seem like one longer segment, it would take an absurd amount of doing, but I can't rule it out.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »
The fact that there are no long segments of weightless footage from the 60s/70s is actually a point that it was faked in a plane.

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »
The fact that there are no long segments of weightless footage from the 60s/70s is actually a point that it was faked in a plane.

No it's not. It just does not discount that it could be in a plane.

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »
Its the lack of any cameras panning around 180 degrees that really shows its staged I think. This is apparently a statistical impossibility. The other thing is, if they were really on the moon it is one of the first things they would do having finally conquered space and got a man landed, its supposedly the greatest achievement ever and so on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:04:42 AM by Theorist »

Rama Set

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »
Its the lack of any cameras panning around 180 degrees that really shows its staged I think. This is apparently a statistical impossibility. The other thing is, if they were really on the moon it is one of the first things they would do having finally conquered space and got a man landed, its supposedly the greatest achievement ever and so on.

Stop believing life should be like a movie. Just because the moon landing was not filmed in the style of the Matrix does not prove it is false.

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »

Stop believing life should be like a movie. Just because the moon landing was not filmed in the style of the Matrix does not prove it is false.

It would have statistically happened though and never has = red flag.

Rama Set

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »

Can you show your calculation of that statistical probability please?

Offline Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:40 PM »

Can you show your calculation of that statistical probability please?

Over thousands of hours of footage you don't need to collect any data on why the camera never does a half circle, or approximate half circle.

We already know there's thousands of hours of footage in space where it never happens once.

Throw a dice 50,000 times... did you get a six?
There you go then.

You show me proof that it is statistically possible to randomly film stuff in that way over thousands of hours all without ever turning the camera in an approximate half circle.

There isn't even a debate that can be had about this. Please stop shilling.  :P

Rama Set

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
So you can't back up your claim. Good game!

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
So you can't back up your claim. Good game!

Ms. Set, I know you want to keep up your husband's legacy, but you frankly aren't doing a good job of it.

Seriously though, how would one begin to calculate the quantitative probability of a half-circle occurring over thousands of hours of footage? Can you explain why a qualitative observation isn't good enough for you?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 02:26:28 AM »
Over thousands of hours of footage you don't need to collect any data on why the camera never does a half circle, or approximate half circle.

We already know there's thousands of hours of footage in space where it never happens once.
Why should we believe that you have personally viewed all those thousands of hours of footage?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 03:02:40 AM »

Why should we believe that you have personally viewed all those thousands of hours of footage?

Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy, markjo. Do you have any arguments that aren't fallacious?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 03:22:12 AM »
Actually, he's sort of right. If you rode a machine into the center of the earth, like in that one movie, and found a world of wonders, the first thing you would  naturally do with the video camera in your hand would be to pan around.

It would be very odd if several people went down to the center of the earth and didn't pan around with their video cameras.

And if you were making a lengthy documentary of your experiences, especially, at some point you would make a half circle pan with your video camera.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:42:58 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »

Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy, markjo. Do you have any arguments that aren't fallacious?
Probably not.  I guess that I don't have any evidence that wasn't obviously faked either. ::)

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »

Shouldn't this cut both ways?  I mean, the argument advanced by the conspiracists in this thread is basically just "I can't imagine why there wouldn't be longer shots/more panoramic shots" mixed in with a huge false dilemma (Apollo can only be as I expect it to be, or fake).

Just look at Tom's very next post after yours:
    If you rode a machine into the center of the earth, like in that one movie, and found a world of wonders, the first thing you would  naturally do with the video camera in your hand would be to pan around.

It would be very odd if several people went down to the center of the earth and didn't pan around with their video camrras.

And if you were making a lengthy documentary if your experiences, especially, at some point you would make a half circle pan with your video camera.

"I would have done things differently, therefore those things must not have been done at all."  Argument from incredulity and false dilemma.  In my view, anyway.  I bet y'all will disagree.

This is my main problem with the conspiracist view at large.  It's all argument from incredulity.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:14:23 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
Actually, he's sort of right. If you rode a machine into the center of the earth, like in that one movie, and found a world of wonders, the first thing you would  naturally do with the video camera in your hand would be to pan around.

It would be very odd if several people went down to the center of the earth and didn't pan around with their video camrras.

And if you were making a lengthy documentary if your experiences, especially, at some point you would make a half circle pan with your video camera.

I don't think it is wrong to expect, but to call it statistically likely is an assertion he cannot mathematically support. Also, the lack of pan does not insinuate that the moon-landings are fakes either.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 08:59:46 PM »
Also, the lack of pan does not insinuate that the moon-landings are fakes either.

Actually, it does insinuate that.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
Also, the lack of pan does not insinuate that the moon-landings are fakes either.

Actually, it does insinuate that.
Then it's a good thing that I found a video showing such a pan on the moon.