Thork

Re: Eric Dubay shot us down
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »
I wouldn't bother. Why give him publicity? He's the first person to say we aren't affiliated.

Ghost of V

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
I wouldn't bother. Why give him publicity? He's the first person to say we aren't affiliated.

Yes, but not everyone knows that. Eric Dubay even has an account here. People could get confused because his forum is relatively hard to find.

Thork

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2015, 11:43:51 PM »
Really, he's not that big a deal. If anyone asks, we can tell them. Better than a sticky advert for Flat Eric that lives here for eternity.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
Hell hath no fury like a Thork scorned.

But you have a point.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:03 AM »

Yes, but not everyone knows that. Eric Dubay even has an account here. People could get confused because his forum is relatively hard to find.
No kidding. What is his forum? Haven't found it... haven't really tried that hard though.

Ghost of V

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »

No kidding. What is his forum? Haven't found it... haven't really tried that hard though.

I linked to it in my thread in Angry Ranting. Check there.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:19 AM »
Perhaps a posted warning about the racism on Eric DuBay's website would be jumping the gun considering that his forum is still in its infancy. Although I must say it's an excellent idea and a prudent possibility to bear in mind if it were warranted in the future.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:11 AM »
Why should we care about disassociating ourselves from someone's racist views?  Thork has already done an excellent job of implying we're racist on Twitter:

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »
At least Daniel didn't merge first and then give away the forum.
God is real.

Thork

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
Why should we care about disassociating ourselves from someone's racist views?  Thork has already done an excellent job of implying we're racist on Twitter:

600 tweets and a hypothetical analogy to show how the BBC is selective over the science it airs is the best example of racism you can come up with?

Perhaps a posted warning about the racism on Eric DuBay's website would be jumping the gun considering that his forum is still in its infancy. Although I must say it's an excellent idea and a prudent possibility to bear in mind if it were warranted in the future.
Its easier than that. If his site ever does become more than a cell in a hive of spam websites, you can rate the site and flag racism as a concern of yours.
https://www.mywot.com/

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »

600 tweets and a hypothetical analogy to show how the BBC is selective over the science it airs is the best example of racism you can come up with?

Dammit thork

Rama Set

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »
ITT: Thork is surprised that a TV network selects its programming.

Thork

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »
That particular director of programming made out that all science was treated equally and that no science would be side lined. I gave an example where political persuasion would force selectivity in science. Much as we experience with things like climate change and flat earth theory.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
That particular director of programming made out that all science was treated equally and that no science would be side lined. I gave an example where political persuasion would force selectivity in science. Much as we experience with things like climate change and flat earth theory.

Yeah, but we don't want to go around publicly implying that we believe some races (by which I assume you mean white europeans) are smarter than others. We havr a bad enough image problem without people thinking we're all racists.

Thork

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
Yeah, you used the word assume.

I didn't make any racist comment at all. Just mentioned a branch of science that won't ever be explored by state media. You can stop bunching your knickers. It was over a month ago.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2015, 02:55:47 PM »

As I previously suggested on IRC, if you'd like to make a complaint about Thork's work on Twitter, please do so in S&C. Personally, I see no reason to investigate unless someone makes a case for it and gathers some, at least anecdotal, support.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2015, 03:01:12 PM »
I don't want to oust Thork or anything.  That exchange irritated me a little, but aside from that, he's doing a good job.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
I don't want to oust Thork or anything.  That exchange irritated me a little, but aside from that, he's doing a good job.
Fair enough.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »
ITT: Thork is surprised that a TV network selects its programming.
You prick.
God is real.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »
Yeah, Thork's doing great. Our twitter account is awesome. But he's still Thork, and I feel that I have the right to complain that he's terrible. Just terrible.