Matthew G. Bianco

The Holy Bible
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:02:05 PM »
I am brand new to this forum. I am interested in the debates and the ideas, and I never liked evolutionary science. I am a fundamentalist Christian (reformed) and I believe the Bible is the ultimate authority for any and all questions about life and even the universe. My Lord and my King is Jesus Christ, and I believe the Holy Bible (KJV for English-speaking people) to be the inerrant word of God.
Now, before I continue I must ask whether or not I belong with the flat earth society. Are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father welcomed here? I know for sure I am not welcomed in the world, and the things of the world, because it is exceedingly wicked.
I have not made a definite stance on the debate about flat earth though, I would like to fellowship with another Christian here who believes in the flat earth idea so that I can hear from him.

Ghost of V

Re: The Holy Bible
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »
You are more than welcome here, but personally I do not consider scripture to be evidence of anything. This society runs on the zetetic method, which means "observable phenomenon". Not religious mumbo-jumbo. You might not see it that way, but many people do and most arguments from religious texts are not taken seriously.

Matthew G. Bianco

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »
Perhaps we can add both observable phenomenon and religion ;)

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:15 PM »
I think I remember John Davis arguing that religion supported a flat earth once.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:12:40 PM »
We have religious members. When we poll they are the minority however. That's not to say we don't know or aren't interested in what religious texts say, but 'god dunnit' isn't our answer to anything. Most treat religious texts more as a history lesson than scientific reasoning. For example it is likely there was a great flood at the time of Noah, it can be backed by archaeological finds and water erosion in rocks of that sedimentary timeline, but we won't make the leap to a guy with two of everything on his boat because genetic markers suggest there isn't a common pair of ancestors for all species at the same time.

Thork

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 10:14:10 PM »
And no, we don't think the world is 6000 years old either ... as a majority but you may find a member or two who does.

I would like to fellowship with another Christian here who believes in the flat earth idea so that I can hear from him.
Hoppy is a Christian, but he's a mean old bastard as well. There are a few others but I forget who they are. We also have a fanactical Jew that pops in and out. You may find some common religious ground there ... but much less with his political views.

We do follow religious leaders on Twitter. I tweeted a few times to the pope but he hasn't replied yet.

One such tweet on the 372nd anniversary of Galileo's death
@vatican_va_en Good job getting that lying rat bag Galileo to recant. Can you do @neiltyson (Neil deGrasse Tyson) next? 

Some of it is a bit of fun.  :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:34:13 PM by Dr David Thork »

Matthew G. Bianco

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 10:32:54 PM »
I don't use twitter. But if I did, I would not follow the Pope. I am a hardcore reformist (Calvinist)
:p

Thork

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 10:34:41 PM »
Then you won't mind me heckling him for a retweet.  :P

Matthew G. Bianco

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
Please do, and while  you're at him, let him know the roman catholic church is the antichrist  :D

Rama Set

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 12:10:50 AM »
And no, we don't think the world is 6000 years old either ... as a majority but you may find a member or two who does.

I would like to fellowship with another Christian here who believes in the flat earth idea so that I can hear from him.
Hoppy is a Christian, but he's a mean old bastard as well. There are a few others but I forget who they are. We also have a fanactical Jew that pops in and out. You may find some common religious ground there ... but much less with his political views.

We do follow religious leaders on Twitter. I tweeted a few times to the pope but he hasn't replied yet.

@vatican_va_en Good job getting that lying rat bag Galileo to recant. Can you do @neiltyson (Neil deGrasse Tyson) next? 

You should after Alexander Vilinkin or Alan Guth, someone who has greatly contributed to scientific knowledge.  NDT is just a charismatic presenter of science, more than anything. 

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:25 AM »

You should after Alexander Vilinkin or Alan Guth, someone who has greatly contributed to scientific knowledge.  NDT is just a charismatic presenter of science, more than anything.

Same can be said of Galileo. Nobody ever went after Copernicus.

____

Yeah, welcome to the Society. All flat Earth thought is welcome here, even religious-based flat Earth thought. I'm actually glad to have a new religious FE'er. I don't think we've ever had one that wasn't bat-shit insane before.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Copernicus had his fingers in a number of pies. He actually discovered some hugely important economic principles. He wrote most of what we still believe about coinage, and the most important theory of money ever. The quantitive theory of money ... in other words he discovered money is not wealth and that more money causes inflation and how to manage it. He made the formulas that every central bank even today uses to balance economies. He also worked out the velocity of money ... it is the metric to which GDP is worked out in nations. How fast wealth transfers around an economy.

Copernicus was never going to be touched. He was making rich men seriously rich. He could have said God lived in heaven sucking goat cock and his contemporaries would have been like "Nicolas, such a joker .... tell us more about money".

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:03 AM »
Please do, and while  you're at him, let him know the roman catholic church is the antichrist  :D
Funny. I thought that was me.
The Mastery.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
beardo is a catholic?? ;)
God is real.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »
beardo is a catholic?? ;)
No, what made you think that?
The Mastery.

Offline Ajaycee

• What happened to Pluto ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
Well, contrary to expressed opinion we're not all "Bat-shit insane" and given the common ground between FE believers and Bible believers, it is interesting to see how FE believers reconcile their beliefs with the fact that the Bible has been flat-earth through and through since it was written.

The two groups have good common ground and whether one agrees or disagrees, the fact remains that they both say the same thing on FE matters.