Thork

Is a flat earth circular?
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:17:07 PM »
I found a very interesting set of maps. Their true purpose is to show ocean currents. But what blows my mind is that the surveyors have added in much more of the area between the icewall and the edge.

Could we live on a flat and jagged earth? One that isn't disc shaped?

Re: Is a flat earth circular?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:45:45 AM »
What are you talking about?  What surveyors?  This is a map projection.

http://rightbasicbuilding.com/earth-ocean-currents-polar-views/

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »

If it were purely a map projection, it should look like the classic FE map with a circular Antarctica.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 03:48:22 AM »

If it were purely a map projection, it should look like the classic FE map with a circular Antarctica.

Why?  I'll refer you to this delightful XKCD comic on map projections: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/map_projections.png

I don't know dick about maps, but the original source refers to this as a Constant-Scale Natural Boundary Map.  This book says,
    Whereas conventional maps can be expressed as outward-expanding formulae with well-defined central features and relatively poorly defined edges, Constant Scale Natural Boundary (CSNB) maps have well-defined boundaries that result from natural processes and thus allow spatial and dynamic relationships to be observed in a new way useful to understanding these processes. CSNB mapping presents a new approach to visualization that produces maps markedly different from those produced by conventional cartographic methods.

Also the image I posted shows how they cut up Antarctica.  It's adjacent to the word "key."
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »
Constant scale natural boundary ... exactly. and that's what got me thinking. Are the natural boundaries the edges? What other natural boundaries would Antarctica have? Its an ice-cap in RET. Constant scale ... well that's a 1:1 representation on a flat earth.

So should us flat earthers be thinking earth is more of a splat than a dish? Might have profound implications on the way we think the earth was formed.

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:40:48 AM »
it could be a circle within a square-type set up....maybe, even, with a semi-raised hemi-spherical section....
that would be compatible with what the Bible says, re: "the four corners of the Earth";

the fact is and as You-tuber "Mark Sargent" has pointed out.....no-one really knows......or, rather, no-one alive today really knows (except, maybe, for TPTB) because no-one has passed that 'outer boundary'......Sargent claims that Admiral Byrd passed it but he either chose not to tell what he saw or its been buried..

*note*
the above Orlando/Ferguson model leaves out the glass sky dome ....as per the Book of Job
(actually, now that i look @ it, this is a very good model {apart from the omission of the gsd} because it, also, accomodates "the concave Earth theory", to an extent.....for which, apparently, there does exist some support)

*note*/edit
actually....i'm a smidge dubious about the "raised hemispherical portion" for two reasons:
i/it conflicts with the massive evidence for 'flat Earth horizons' and, even, the flat Earth vistas seen from 'space' by amateur rocketry;
ii/it was, apparently, introduced to 'account' for "the Columbus phenomenon"; i.e: ship masts "disappearing" over the horizon.....a phenomenon easily explained by the peculiar "pyramidal vision" of humans;

that said: the model could, still, be mostly accurate....with say......a circular Earth 'recessed' into a huge, flat, slab....and, still, with concave sides....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:21:51 AM by mister bickles »
nisi Dominus frustra

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »
If the moon is a reflection of the earth then the earth must be circular right?