Palaeontology of a flat earth
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:05:42 AM »
Hi again,
Did dinosaurs exist on a flat earth, if at all?
What do you say to the claims of continental drift? As in Antarctica once being connected to Africa and Australia at one point?
What about the remains of vegetation found on antarctica indicating it used to be lush and forested?
Also, the discovery of life once existing there?
Both of these claims debunk the claim of antarctica being an (in)finite snowy wasteland. This is a fundamental part of FET, and thus requires some defence.
Proving the opposition wrong is not the same as proving yourself right

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Re: Palaeontology of a flat earth
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
Hi again,
Did dinosaurs exist on a flat earth, if at all?
What do you say to the claims of continental drift? As in Antarctica once being connected to Africa and Australia at one point?
What about the remains of vegetation found on antarctica indicating it used to be lush and forested?
Also, the discovery of life once existing there?
Both of these claims debunk the claim of antarctica being an (in)finite snowy wasteland. This is a fundamental part of FET, and thus requires some defence.

There's nothing on a flat earth that would preclude continental drift, even including bits of antarctica or the continent as a whole.  Also, the idea of antatcica as the ice rim, finite or infinite, isn't always fundamental.  Some models, such as Bishop's, render it as a distinct continent. 

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »
So antarctica is an infinite continent, that can still move?

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
So antarctica is an infinite continent, that can still move?

Read it again.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 11:55:22 PM »
no, you see.
A flat earth model requires a barrier of some kind at the edge to prevent water slipping off due to gravity (or something similar). Thus, we have the theory that antarctica is the ice wall that stretches all around the rim of the earth. This theory is predicated on the fact that Antarctica cannot move. But continental drift theory postulates that Antarctica was once much further north than it is now, possibly connected to Africa and Australia. Palaeontology also says that plant and animal life have been preserved there. This can either mean that the earth was in a warm period ( which does not at all correlate with some FE'ers claims that global warming isn't true), or that antarctica once lifted further north, into where the Indian Ocean is now.
This means that there wouldn't have been an ice wall, to prevent water slipping off. QED

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:30 AM »
no, you see.
A flat earth model requires a barrier of some kind at the edge to prevent water slipping off due to gravity (or something similar).

No, it doesn't.

Thus, we have the theory that antarctica is the ice wall that stretches all around the rim of the earth. This theory is predicated on the fact that Antarctica cannot move.

No, it isn't.

But continental drift theory postulates that Antarctica was once much further north than it is now, possibly connected to Africa and Australia. Palaeontology also says that plant and animal life have been preserved there. This can either mean that the earth was in a warm period ( which does not at all correlate with some FE'ers claims that global warming isn't true), or that antarctica once lifted further north, into where the Indian Ocean is now.
This means that there wouldn't have been an ice wall, to prevent water slipping off. QED

Your hypotheses are incorrect, thus your conclusion is also incorrect.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 04:42:29 AM »
Please explain

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 04:46:11 AM »
There are various flat Earth models that maintain the Earth as an infinite plane and therefore in no need of any barrier keeping things from "falling off" the sides.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 05:23:23 AM »
so there is an infinite snowy wasteland everywhere except for a little insignificant circle. Kind of like the Japanese flag design.
correct? Could you answer my original questions also please? And tintagel claims that the ice wall might not be infinite.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »
There are various flat Earth models that maintain the Earth as an infinite plane and therefore in no need of any barrier keeping things from "falling off" the sides.

Adding to this, there are various flat Earth models that work without the Earth being infinite.

Aetheric Acceleration theory states that the aether is a force that pushes the Earth upwards, a lot of this aether escapes from the bottom of the disc and makes it way upward due to its acceleration. This creates a barrier (or wall, if you will) around Earth that keeps the water in.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:57 AM »

Adding to this, there are various flat Earth models that work without the Earth being infinite.

Aetheric Acceleration theory states that the aether is a force that pushes the Earth upwards, a lot of this aether escapes from the bottom of the disc and makes it way upward due to its acceleration. This creates a barrier (or wall, if you will) around Earth that keeps the water in.
Where is the evidence for Aetheric Acceleration? Please explain in Laymans terms, as i am no physicist ( or flat-earther )

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 06:09:04 PM »
so there is an infinite snowy wasteland everywhere except for a little insignificant circle. Kind of like the Japanese flag design.
correct? Could you answer my original questions also please? And tintagel claims that the ice wall might not be infinite.

I'm not sure there's an ice wall at all.  I don't know that it's a snowy wasteland extending forever either.  It's entirely possible there are other habitable regions.  I haven't been there, so I don't know.  But I do suspect it's infinite, in which case an ice wall isn't necessary.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:34 PM »

Where is the evidence for Aetheric Acceleration? Please explain in Laymans terms, as i am no physicist ( or flat-earther )

The theory deals with universal acceleration.  It states that aether, which pushes the earth upward, accelerating it at 9.8 m/s/s, also whooshes by us and holds the water in.  There's also an aetheric whirlpool above the earth where the aether whooshes back together, like a fluid would rushing around a disc, and that this whirlpool are where the sun, moon, and other satellites are suspended. 

Aether has never been directly detected (that I know of), and remains a hypothetical substance, but this doesn't make it less valid as a theory, as hypothetical substances are frequently used in "mainstream" science to explain observed phenomena.

Ghost of V

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
As you can see, there are many models to explain how the flat Earth works. Flat Earth Theory is a working theory that is constantly evolving. Whether infinite, finite, hollow, or aether... one day we will combine these theories into one working Unified Flat Earth Theory. I feel that is the ultimate goal of this society. Now, we have given multiple theories that work on paper... it is now time for you to choose. Help us or fight us. It does not matter. Either way, you are assisting the Flat Earth movement by forcing revisions and change, which I feel will eventually lead to a unified FET.