possibly the greatest hoax ever
« on: January 16, 2015, 11:41:54 PM »
Greetings,
i came across this website purely by accident, and i am interested in seeing peoples points of view on this.
Lets say that the issue of the true shape of the earth is concrete. It is either flat. Or it's not.
Let us also say that the covering up or falsifying of this fact would be a crime, with the governments of the world (whether flat or not) and space agencies as the culprit(s).
If this is indeed a crime, than they should be innocent until proven guilty.
Therefore, by extension, the earth should be considered round until PROVEN flat (or vice versa, but this is the flat earth society, and this is the issue that we are dealing with).
In every crime show ever, the culprit must have an MMO (Motive,Means,Opportunity). We can apply this to the shape of the earth.
M= Why would the governments of the earth have any reason to deny the true shape of the earth or not?
M= Is it actually possible to keep such a huge secret or truth hidden for so long?
O= When would governments ever have had the capability to fabricate such a huge lie?
Extensions: if nasa really did lie about this, why didn't any of its rivals, i.e China or the USSR expose them?
What would the governments gain?
Why a flat earth? Why not a spherical earth?

Proof: Any seventh grade debater knows that proving the opposition wrong is not the same thing as proving yourself right.
All those corrupt globulist 'proofs' can easily be explained away as a hoax, or a matter of perspective, right?
Well, yes. But the only counter claim of any note or prominence, is empirical.
As an atheist, I don't see anything wrong with this. Not on the surface.
Strictly speaking, however, empiricism, by definition,isn't just what you can see at any one time, but what can be seen, including photographic and scientific evidence.
"I look out my window (hot damn, a window), and the earth looks flat. Q.E.D"
We can apply this logic to other things.
"I look out my window, and i can't see the moon/Greenland/wildebeest/Kim Jong-Un, therefore these thing don't exist."
Q.E.D
Proving the opposition wrong is not the same as proving yourself right

Thork

Re: possibly the greatest hoax ever
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:33:51 AM »
M=Knowledge is power
M=Why not. The moon landing hoax is still going.
O=The space race was a propaganda war. Hearts and minds. If you can convince your voters something as ridiculous as a man walking on the moon, you can convince them anything, including justification for nuclear war. The US won, because the US had Hollywood. They won the cold war. They could get support for total war.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:53:08 AM »
"I look out my window, and i can't see the moon/Greenland/wildebeest/Kim Jong-Un, therefore these thing don't exist."

Well, yeah. The point is to apply it to everything. If I couldn't see the moon on a nightly basis, what reason would I have to believe it exists? Should I contemplate whether an invisible pink unicorn circles above, too? I think your argument is actually the one that is pretty nonsensical.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:10:40 AM »
My dear irushwithscvs,
Sarcasm isn't a factor in your life, eh?
i was just pointing out that there is as much evidence for the existence of a round earth as there is for kim Jong un.
The quotation marks didn't tip you off?
Returning to my points, dear thork.
How is hiding the real shape of the earth power?
And the US government, and by extension NASA, have a few enemies out there, that would gain a lot by exposing this "Hoax", thereby discrediting the US government.
But you still have missed the biggest point, the point about a logical argument. Saying the moon landing and space travel are hoaxes is not the same thing as proving the earth is flat. Lets assume that NASA is corrupt, and the moon landing is a hoax.
It is a hoax if the earth is flat or round. NASA would exert as much power if they pretended to go into space above a flat earth or a round one.
Moar Questions: What if the earth is neither flat nor round?
Can someone please post a map of a flat Earth?
Has Australia got conventional proportions, or is it flat, and squashed?
What is on the other side?
How thick is the Earth?
How can you prove the Earth is not round?
Which prominent scientists (if any) support FE theory?
WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG?
please don't tell me to go look at the FAQ, as i can't immediately see it, so it must not exist.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:43:18 AM »
Please place your thoughts and questions in a well formatted response. Keeping your questions about one general subject at a time is best to avoid broad and pointless discussions.  Also, yes, reading the FAQ would be quite beneficial as it explains many concepts and ideas in simply terms.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 07:24:02 AM »
you, sir, have been very helpful indeed