Ghost of V

Re: Beyond the Ice Wall
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 06:02:42 PM »
As an aside, there are no RE scientists, just scientists.

There are scientists who favor RET and scientists who favor FET. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Perhaps, although I would not call either of them FE scientists or RE scientists.

Duly noted

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:39 AM »

There are scientists who favor RET and scientists who favor FET. They come in all shapes and sizes.
Please name some FET ones.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »

and Vx, please note that you used the present tense. "There are scientists ... who favor FET."
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »

AWT.

That is not a scientist, but a hypothesis.  He was asking for a scientist's name.

Ghost of V

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 06:18:30 PM »

AWT.

That is not a scientist, but a hypothesis.  He was asking for a scientist's name.

I thought he was asking for an alternate theory explaining the rotation of galaxies? At least that's the impression I got.

Rama Set

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »

AWT.

I thought he was asking for an alternate theory explaining the rotation of galaxies? At least that's the impression I got.

Oh, well he was responding to your comment about scientists.  *shrugs* He will tell you what he wants I guess.  I gonna stop micro-managing.

Ghost of V

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2015, 06:24:56 PM »

Perhaps, although I would not call either of them FE scientists or RE scientists.

I reread the discussion, and you're right. My mistake.

Samuel Rowbotham was a legitimate FE scientist. So was Lady Elizabeth Blount, and arguably 80s synth scientist Thomas Dolby (who was actually the first legitimate member of our great society and is still alive today).

Rama Set

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 06:25:48 PM »

I reread the discussion, and you're right. My mistake.

Samuel Rowbotham was a legitimate FET scientist. So was Lady Elizabeth Blount, and arguably 80s synth scientist Thomas Dolby.

I thought Blount was more of a patronizer of the sciences, providing money to people who wanted to study her cause.

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 01:14:13 PM »
The howling winds, hail/snow storms, and hurricane-like weather prevents safe travel beyond the Ice Wall. Most pilots are not brave enough (or stupid enough) to fly into such a dangerous enviroment. The ones who have (if any) have vanished without a trace.
Very convinient. Would it be possible to send an unmanned drone or vehicle on a research trip (suicide) trip?
Proving the opposition wrong is not the same as proving yourself right

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »
The howling winds, hail/snow storms, and hurricane-like weather prevents safe travel beyond the Ice Wall. Most pilots are not brave enough (or stupid enough) to fly into such a dangerous enviroment. The ones who have (if any) have vanished without a trace.
Very convinient. Would it be possible to send an unmanned drone or vehicle on a research trip (suicide) trip?

I think it is likely that world powers have already done this.  The average person does not have the means to accomplish this, though. 

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »
Convenient that they either found nothing or didn't report it.

I remember you saying that no man or machine could survive there.
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »
If they reported it, would that not be an admission of lying? 

Offline Wulf

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
So you need to use special pleading AND ignorance to deal with just one of the pieces of VOE the disproves FET. How sad. I particularly like your resorting to "aethic" flow, something never measured yet you claim produces the same effect as a RE. No one is going to take that seriously.

I "resort" to aetheric flow just as other physicists "resort" to hypothetical particles and substances when their expectations do not match observations.  Fermi guessed that neutrons had to exist in the nuclei of atoms to explain how they worked.  Pauli "resorted" to saying Neutrinos must exist because they explained observed results.  At the time, the scientific community said these ideas had no basis in reality.  They were "pleading."  Of course, years later, neutrons and neutrinos were detected.  Aether explains much of what we experience here on the flat earth, so if we are pleading when we discuss those effects, it is only in the sense that Fermi and Pauli were.

we have directly observed these particles. when neutrino's  interact in water they make blue light. this is seen in the glow of a nuclear power plant as it is surrounded by water. light can't come from nowhere.

here's a question... if gravity doesn't exist... why does our atmosphere stay with us and not just fly off beyond the wall?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
we have directly observed these particles. when neutrino's  interact in water they make blue light. this is seen in the glow of a nuclear power plant as it is surrounded by water. light can't come from nowhere.
Actually, those aren't neutrinos.  It's called Cherenkov radiation and it's caused by electrons going faster than the phased speed of light in water.

Neutrino interactions are actually quite uncommon and require very large setups deep underground, away from nuclear reactors, cosmic ray and other forms of background radiation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino_detector
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.