Arctic Flights
« on: July 23, 2022, 03:18:53 PM »
Hello. Are there flights over the exact North Pole? I mean is the area of center magnetic North Pole accessible for public?

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Arctic Flights
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 04:03:44 PM »

Offline SteelyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 05:03:09 PM »
Hello. Are there flights over the exact North Pole? I mean is the area of center magnetic North Pole accessible for public?

For most people the ‘exact’ North Pole is at true north (ie the axis of rotation), which is pretty much fixed, and not magnetic north, which moved around a fair bit.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 05:59:43 PM »
Is it accessible to the public?  Of course it is, just the same as the centre of the Atlantic is accessible; you've just got to address the logistical issues of getting there. 

Its just a patch of (frozen) ocean outside of any country's territorial waters, so nobody has jurisdiction over it.  You will,of course, have to comply with the entry regulations of whichever country you decide to embark from. 

Don't forget your bear repellent. 

Offline BillO

• Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 06:07:37 PM »
Yes it is, but it ain't easy to get too.  Not to mention the fact that it moves about 135m a day, so it's little hard to pinpoint.
Quote from: Ironic Pete
I DO NOT NEED DATA, I'M PRETTY SURE I'M RIGHT!!!!

You think something is true, and that's good enough for you.