Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: Questions from a skeptical scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »
Then don't harp on it in every relevant thread, please.

I will say this, since this thread is pretty well derailed already and the OP seems to have disappeared:

If you'll recall from our conversation in the Coriolis thread, much of modern FET is speculation and hypothesis. We don't consider this to be a bad thing. This is certainly true in AWT; however, I am also actively researching the topic.

I am obviously going to harp on an explanation that has no substance.  If I claimed it was unicorns that made the sun come up, I would obviously be challenged on the veracity of the claim.  So although you may rightfully have called my netiquette in to question, I am also correct in saying that until you provide any piece of evidence for AWT, that it is not an explanation of anything and it has no place being brought up.

Then start a thread and we can have an in-depth conversation about it. Or, don't start a thread and stop talking about it. I don't see why we're still having a conversation about this here.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »
Then don't harp on it in every relevant thread, please.

I will say this, since this thread is pretty well derailed already and the OP seems to have disappeared:

If you'll recall from our conversation in the Coriolis thread, much of modern FET is speculation and hypothesis. We don't consider this to be a bad thing. This is certainly true in AWT; however, I am also actively researching the topic.

I am obviously going to harp on an explanation that has no substance.  If I claimed it was unicorns that made the sun come up, I would obviously be challenged on the veracity of the claim.  So although you may rightfully have called my netiquette in to question, I am also correct in saying that until you provide any piece of evidence for AWT, that it is not an explanation of anything and it has no place being brought up.

Then start a thread and we can have an in-depth conversation about it. Or, don't start a thread and stop talking about it. I don't see why we're still having a conversation about this here.

Because you are asking me not to challenge obviously dubious claims.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
Because you are asking me not to challenge obviously dubious claims.
He's asking you to post on topic and start a new thread if you want to discuss a new topic. I'd say that's sensible. Gulliver and you are rendering this thread virtually unusable for anyone. Regardless of how right/righteous/just/heroic you are, you're actually shooting yourselves in the feet.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »
Alright, I guess enough has been said, but in the future, if something like AWT or EA is cited as an explanation, I will challenge it again.  Apologies for muddying the Q & A session.

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »
how about you just answer OP's questions in order.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:50 AM »
how about you just answer OP's questions in order.

That already happened. See the first page, my first response.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ