Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1020 on: July 06, 2022, 08:36:51 AM »
Yes, the tweet clearly states that it is at the 571 (517 according to the above, not 571 - T) mark. The graph shows that his popularity has been dropping to the point that he is now the most unpopular president at this point in his presidency in recorded US History.

His net approval has been higher than Trump's for around 490 days out of those 517, though. So on balance, he has greater approval than Trump. 

Scroll down to the graphs with the sliders - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?ex_cid=rrpromo
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 06, 2022, 09:15:44 AM »
So on balance, he has greater approval than Trump. 
It also shows that, with the exception of Literally Orange Man, Biden is less popular than just about any POTUS at just about any point in their presidency. Thanks for sharing this damning data!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 07, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
The despicable Biden Administration doesn't want states to require proof of citizenship to vote.
When was the last time that you were required to show proof of citizenship when you went to vote?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 07, 2022, 10:25:59 PM »
Wanna talk proof of citizenship?

My Social Security card is a piece of thick paper.
My original nirth certificate is lost... Or at my parents, dunno.  The copy I have is a literal piece of paper peinted in Maryland with an imprint.
Both of these would be proof but are so easily forged its not worth it.

My passport, which cost a fair bit of money, is a secure document thats less easy to forge.  At least, id you read the security.

But here's the thing.  The one bit everyone glosses over.
Every American Citizen has the right to vote.  So it shouldn't matter if you're homeless, penniless, and living inside a cardboard box, you have the right to vote.  So how would such a person vote?  Or is voting reserved for people who aren't fucked over by life?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 08, 2022, 06:19:41 AM »
Or is voting reserved for people who aren't fucked over by life?
The Republicans would certainly like that to be the case. Because they don’t care about such people, so such people aren’t going to vote for them.

They pretend to be concerned about voter fraud - as we saw from the last election despite desperate searches there is no credible evidence that it’s a problem. What they really want is to stop people who they know won’t vote for them from voting at all. Now that is despicable.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 08, 2022, 08:03:10 AM »
So how would such a person vote?  Or is voting reserved for people who aren't fucked over by life?
This problem has been solved by most countries that require ID to vote. You set up a free and mandatory national ID card scheme.

These are unpopular in Anglophone countries, because they somehow convinced themselves that this would impact their privacy, or that being given a piece of plastic violates their freedom. I guess it's down to the Democrats to convince voters otherwise.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 08, 2022, 08:42:00 AM »
So how would such a person vote?  Or is voting reserved for people who aren't fucked over by life?
This problem has been solved by most countries that require ID to vote. You set up a free and mandatory national ID card scheme.
I'm not adverse to that idea, but the key thing is it being free. But I've yet to be convinced that there is a problem to solve here.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 08, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »
I'm not adverse to that idea, but the key thing is it being free.
Yes. Anything else would just result in repeating the problem.

But I've yet to be convinced that there is a problem to solve here.
Personally, I don't know how you'd be able to establish whether the problem is widespread. I know people say voter fraud is not a widespread issue, but it genuinely stumps me how you could conclude that.

The UK just sends you a piece of paper that tells you where to turn up to vote. You don't even need to bring it with you, it's just there for information. I got one of these for people who no longer lived at my address for almost every general election, and I've moved several times in my time here. This means that I, personally, could have voted in most elections by just walking in and being like "why yes, I am Name Lastname and my address is this and that".

How do you catch me? How do I get included in the statistics that tell us this is totally, definitely not a problem? The entire system is designed to make this analysis nigh-impossible.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 08, 2022, 10:01:15 AM »

These are unpopular in Anglophone countries, because they somehow convinced themselves that this would impact their privacy, or that being given a piece of plastic violates their freedom. I guess it's down to the Democrats to convince voters otherwise.

I am not against the free ID systems.  Weird that these voter ID laws never have that, just "oh, pay a fee when you visit this specific location"

I don't know how its done here, but they do use a Personal Number (social security).  What i like about it is that it includes your birthdate.  So to steal an ID number, you'd need to match, within like 10-15 years, of the person you stole it from otherwise it would be easy enough to spot.

Could also have a state run voter database linked to social security so at worse, you can only fraud vote once in the state, even if you try at multiple locations.
Link the state databases together to run queries and you can match SS#s across states to see if two people voted with the same number.

But god forbid states link data...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 08, 2022, 01:45:46 PM »
The UK just sends you a piece of paper that tells you where to turn up to vote. You don't even need to bring it with you, it's just there for information.
I have to say our system has always felt a bit flaky for the reasons you've mentioned.

I guess if I turned up and said I'm Mr Neighbours Name from Neighbour's Address then they'd let me vote.
But if my neighbour had already been to vote then I'd get caught in the lie. Or if they turned up later in the day to then they'd realise something is up when his name is already crossed off. I might get lucky and he might not vote I guess. I guess I could go at the start of the day and vote as him and then go later as me and hope they don't recognise me. Or send someone not registered to vote to pretend to be him I guess.

But it's all a fair amount of effort for...one extra vote. The risk/reward calculation doesn't really make it worth it. Especially if you're not in a marginal seat, often it's pretty clear who is going to win anyway. As much as I rail against FPTP, it almost protects against this sort of thing because it's just not worth it. I've not seen any evidence that voter fraud is a problem here although I agree I don't know how they check.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 09, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
End of quote. Repeat the line.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 09, 2022, 05:01:48 PM »
The UK just sends you a piece of paper that tells you where to turn up to vote. You don't even need to bring it with you, it's just there for information.
I have to say our system has always felt a bit flaky for the reasons you've mentioned.

I guess if I turned up and said I'm Mr Neighbours Name from Neighbour's Address then they'd let me vote.
But if my neighbour had already been to vote then I'd get caught in the lie. Or if they turned up later in the day to then they'd realise something is up when his name is already crossed off. I might get lucky and he might not vote I guess. I guess I could go at the start of the day and vote as him and then go later as me and hope they don't recognise me. Or send someone not registered to vote to pretend to be him I guess.

But it's all a fair amount of effort for...one extra vote. The risk/reward calculation doesn't really make it worth it. Especially if you're not in a marginal seat, often it's pretty clear who is going to win anyway. As much as I rail against FPTP, it almost protects against this sort of thing because it's just not worth it. I've not seen any evidence that voter fraud is a problem here although I agree I don't know how they check.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/11/29/true-tale-absentee-voter-fraud-north-carolina-523238

It's a lot more difficult to get away with retail voting fraud than one would think.  The anomaly tends to stick out to accountants and data scientists.  To change an election it would take a lot of people coordinating to do something extremely illegal.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 10, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/11/29/true-tale-absentee-voter-fraud-north-carolina-523238

It's a lot more difficult to get away with retail voting fraud than one would think.  The anomaly tends to stick out to accountants and data scientists.  To change an election it would take a lot of people coordinating to do something extremely illegal.
You mean like the lot occupying Langley and Arlington, in conjunction with Beijing?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 10, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »
So we shouldn't even bother to vote because Langley and Arlington will decide it anyway?

How and why did you swizzle China into the mix?

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 10, 2022, 06:29:02 PM »

You mean like the lot occupying Langley and Arlington, in conjunction with Beijing?

No.  This incident actually happened.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 10, 2022, 07:15:00 PM »

So, you are claiming it doesn't take massive voter fraud to alter the outcome of an election.

Gotcha.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 10, 2022, 07:23:07 PM »
So we shouldn't even bother to vote because Langley and Arlington will decide it anyway?

How and why did you swizzle China into the mix?
I vote every election, as it is a personal choice to be made, regardless of other things outside of my purview.

Not once, since 1978 when I first started voting, have I been swayed by the notion that my vote would actually be counted or not be counted, to deter me from that act.

I figure when you can get 210 million gallons of free petroleum product, you gotta have some sort of pull, even on a voting lever.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 10, 2022, 07:46:46 PM »
I don't know what any of that means.

What's this about millions of gallons of fuel?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 10, 2022, 08:33:41 PM »
I don't know what any of that means.

What's this about millions of gallons of fuel?
Well, go study some more.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 11, 2022, 12:22:55 AM »

So, you are claiming it doesn't take massive voter fraud to alter the outcome of an election.

Gotcha.

No.  It did take massive voter fraud to change this particular election and the fraud is very obvious.