Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
Your argument that he is purposely zoning out and staring at the floor is even worse than a medical condition. When people are talking to you you look at them, not zone out at the floor. Rather insulting. I feel embarrassed to have a president like that. Prime minister Naftali looks directly at the president as in disbelief.

I don't find it likely that he's purposely zoning out while on camera while talking to a world leader like you are arguing is the case, and is probably an age related thing rather than a deliberate action. There are old people who will fall asleep in a semi-conscious state, snore, and pop up to answer your question.

Whether he is doing it purposely or not, either way it's bad. It is pretty ridiculous to have to argue that the president is purposely zoning out while a world leader is speaking to him.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2021, 10:32:13 AM »
Who argued he is zoning out?

I asked you simply: why do you think he's sleeping?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:43 AM »
It is common for one to look away,  look down,  while listening to another person.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2021, 11:24:08 AM »
It is common for one to look away,  look down,  while listening to another person.

Especially if you are hard of hearing.  I'll sometimes tilt my ear towards the person to hear them.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2021, 11:25:40 AM »

Exactly. It’s actually really creepy to just look at someone without break.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2021, 12:59:09 PM »
It’s also common for people with certain agendas to find every possible excuse to criticise Biden, having spent 4 years bending over backwards to be an apologist for everything Trump did no matter how crass or embarrassing.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »
an apologist for everything Trump did.

What exactly did Trump do? I'd be interested to know the terrible things he did. Based on his actions and policies, I'd say he was a reasonably good president. I mean, he didn't surrender to the Taliban and leave £billions of military hardware in Afghanistan. He didn't read everything from a teleprompter and only take questions from pre-selected journalists. He knew what day of the week it was.

Tell me ... what was the terrible thing Trump did?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2021, 03:18:47 PM »

What exactly did Trump do? I'd be interested to know the terrible things he did. Based on his actions and policies, I'd say he was a reasonably good president. I mean, he didn't surrender to the Taliban and leave £billions of military hardware in Afghanistan.
He freed 5000 Taliban, including their leader. He then upheld the deal he struck with them, even after multie breaches of the terms of said deal, allowing more and more Taliban to be released despite non compliance.

He didn't read everything from a teleprompter and only take questions from pre-selected journalists. He knew what day of the week it was.
He didnt do a lot of reading, no... that's why his addresses were incoherent, rambling, improvised messes that left him slinging insults and mocking disabled people, or holding bibles upside down, or getting the names of countries wrong, or calling countries shitholes, or suggesting consumption of bleach, or using nuclear weapons to stop a hurricane, or calling racists 'very nice people's etc etc etc

You mean aside from all the sexual assault allegations? Or was that just a rhetorical question?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2021, 03:37:33 PM »

What exactly did Trump do? I'd be interested to know the terrible things he did. Based on his actions and policies, I'd say he was a reasonably good president. I mean, he didn't surrender to the Taliban and leave £billions of military hardware in Afghanistan. He didn't read everything from a teleprompter and only take questions from pre-selected journalists. He knew what day of the week it was.

Well, there was that time we had a terrible pandemic and Trump spent several months insisting that there was no problem, it wasn't a big deal, and it would go away by itself very quickly, and also indirectly encouraged his followers to refuse to wear a mask in public. We'll never know what would have happened if there had been a competent president in the Oval Office rather than someone asleep at the wheel, but hundreds of thousands of Americans are dead, and Trump must bear some responsibility for that.

Also, the discussion was about Biden's behavior and mannerisms being "embarrassing" to a certain type of conservative who supported Trump. I'm in full agreement with AATW that that is the height of hypocrisy after four years of Trump's bullying, insults, and general boorish behavior.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2021, 03:40:02 PM »
Has anyone considered the possibility that the new PM of Israel is just really really boring?

Maybe he was telling the Biden about how he couldn't buy a hammer at 2am in the West Bank.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2021, 03:41:40 PM »
Remember when he let the Kurds in Siria get slaughtered?

Or when he took Putin's word over his own intelligence agencies?

Or when he promoted his own son's book while president, which is illegal?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »

Spent almost one-quarter of his presidency away from the office, on his golf courses, charging the American taxpayer for his own secret service detail to be accommodated there. Was nowhere to be seen during lame duck period. There was, and still is, a pandemic raging, and he wasn't going to accomplish anything by schmoozing with his buddies on the course, or at the nineteenth hole.

Do we need to point out how he favoured Fox and OANN in the briefing room? "Didn't favour certain journalists", my a*se...

How many times did he do phone-ins with Fox and OANN, compared with MSNBC, CNN etc. ? 

He wanted to leave a ship of COVID patients moored offshore to keep the numbers of onshore cases down.

He mismanaged the pandemic. He shredded a bucketload of worthwhile environmental legislation, for no good reason than Obama had legislated it. The prime driver behind his presidency seemed to be revenge on Obama for embarassing him at the correspondents' dinner.

"He knew what day it was" - especially at the weekend. See above

etc

etc

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2021, 05:12:53 PM »

lol... I'd start a list but I have to work today, I don't have several hours to recount every awful thing Trump did while in office but I invite you to read over the Trump thread if you've really forgotten, most of it is in there.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2021, 06:45:18 PM »
Real easy to start another Trump thread for most of you.

But I think this thread should be about children who love to rub hairy legs, Corn Pop, and ice cream trucks.

C'mon man!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:19:17 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2021, 06:49:28 PM »
Should it be about children who love to rub hairy legs, Corn Pop, and ice cream trucks or children who love to rub hairy legs, Corn Pop, and ice cream trucks though? You should clarify before we get too far into things.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2021, 08:50:25 PM »
Others have listed some of the things Trump did.

Can we add that he spent months lying about election fraud because his narcissistic personality disorder couldn’t allow him to countenance that he lost an election. Those lies resulted directly to the events on January 6th in which several people died and have done possibly irreparable damage to US democracy.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2021, 09:52:25 PM »
Here's something Biden did: End the war in Afghanistan.
Its over.  We're out.  Last plane left today.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2021, 12:34:16 AM »
Speaking of Corn Pop, it's really interesting how that story is largely assumed to be an absurd lie and/or a sign of Biden going senile, largely based on the intuitive response people have that a gangster would never call themselves something silly like "Corn Pop," when the facts are actually on his side. Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that there's ironclad proof of the whole account being true, but at least one witness has corroborated Biden's story, and there's ample evidence that Corn Pop was a real person:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-joe-biden-tells-story-of-facing-down-razor-wielding-gang-leader-named-corn-pop/

(Scroll down to the end for the update. It's ridiculous that this article is framed as "lol this guy totally roasted Biden for his bullshit story lol" and buries the lede of "oh btw the story is actually true" so far down, but it is a good summary of the evidence supporting Biden's account.)

It's a bit like how so many people believed that Trump's unguarded, impulsive manner of speech was indicative of his general honesty, and refused to seriously consider the overwhelming factual evidence of his frequent and outrageous lies. Intuition is useful, but people need to learn that it isn't always right, and shouldn't be stubbornly clung to when it's contradicted by clear facts.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:14:36 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2021, 11:34:45 AM »

You mean aside from all the sexual assault allegations?

Are people guilty until proven innocent in the USA? So your big hatred comes down to allegations by those looking for money, fame or political gain? But no hard evidence or conviction. In other words ... Trump was great but you can't admit you voted for a deranged old fool instead by mistake because you are too proud. Got it.

Well, there was that time we had a terrible pandemic
What terrible pandemic? How many billions died? Where are all the dead otherwise healthy people?

and Trump spent several months insisting that there was no problem,
It wasn't.

it wasn't a big deal,
It was made into a big deal, but the virus itself wasn't a big deal, no.

and it would go away by itself very quickly,
Pretty much what has happened. Vaccines are getting the credit for the work done by natural immunity at this point.

and also indirectly encouraged his followers to refuse to wear a mask in public.
On the advice of Dr Fauchy. Is Trump supposed to contradict the chief medical officer? You'd have screamed bloody murder if he had.

We'll never know what would have happened if there had been a competent president in the Oval Office rather than someone asleep at the wheel, but hundreds of thousands of Americans are dead, and Trump must bear some responsibility for that.
Hundreds and thousands of Americans die every year. They die prematurely because they are as fat as fuck and never exercise.

Also, the discussion was about Biden's behavior and mannerisms being "embarrassing" to a certain type of conservative who supported Trump. I'm in full agreement with AATW that that is the height of hypocrisy after four years of Trump's bullying, insults, and general boorish behavior.
Trump spoke his mind. Biden reads other people's minds off of a teleprompter as he no longer has one of his own. You picked a rotten President this time around and he as already made more terrible mistakes than Trump made in 4 years.

lol... I'd start a list but I have to work today, I don't have several hours to recount every awful thing Trump did while in office but I invite you to read over the Trump thread if you've really forgotten, most of it is in there.
I don't care about CNN knicker wetting over minutia. Did he start any wars? No. Did he try to reign in China? Yes. Did he try to enforce law and order? Yes. Then he did a pretty good job. I don't care if he said he wanted to grab a woman by the pussy once upon a time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 11:41:00 AM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2021, 12:33:31 PM »
Are people guilty until proven innocent in the USA? So your big hatred comes down to allegations by those looking for money, fame or political gain? But no hard evidence or conviction. In other words ... Trump was great but you can't admit you voted for a deranged old fool instead by mistake because you are too proud. Got it.

Let's just say he is as guilty as Prince Andrew, perhaps more so when you recall that he bragged about going in to the Miss Teen USA dressing room when the contestants were in there and grabbing women by the pussy.

What terrible pandemic? How many billions died?

Only billions are terrible?  You whinge about people in the UK losing their jobs to other EU citizens, but it takes billions of deaths to be a tragedy?  That's pretty sick.

Where are all the dead otherwise healthy people?

They are in graveyards now.

It wasn't.

Trump insisted it was not a problem in public, while acknowledging it was a serious problem in private.  You should try and keep up.

It was made into a big deal, but the virus itself wasn't a big deal, no.

The millions who died from it would disagree.

Pretty much what has happened. Vaccines are getting the credit for the work done by natural immunity at this point.

It hasn't gone away at all.  Please at least have your silly trolls informed by real life facts.  Many red states in the US are hitting new highs in deaths and hospitalizations this week.

On the advice of Dr Fauchy. Is Trump supposed to contradict the chief medical officer? You'd have screamed bloody murder if he had.

True, but the point is that he contradicted the scientific consensus at almost every turn.  It's only a matter of time before he talks about how great ivermectin is.

Hundreds and thousands of Americans die every year. They die prematurely because they are as fat as fuck and never exercise.

Yet the US has hundreds of thousands of excess deaths that correlate quite strongly with increases in COVID cases.  But you don't care because it's not you.

Trump spoke his mind. Biden reads other people's minds off of a teleprompter as he no longer has one of his own. You picked a rotten President this time around and he as already made more terrible mistakes than Trump made in 4 years.

You are really criticising a public official for using prepared remarks?  That's the best you can do?

I don't care about CNN knicker wetting over minutia. Did he start any wars? No.

I eagerly await your applause for Biden not only avoiding conflict but actively ending one then.

Did he try to reign in China? Yes.

He did so in a way that actively hurt the American economy by demonstrably not understanding how tariffs work. 

Did he try to enforce law and order? Yes.

Except when he encouraged his followers to violence.  Then he encouraged that.

Then he did a pretty good job.

Ehhh... That's a pretty low bar.  You seem to have a lot of those.

I don't care if he said he wanted to grab a woman by the pussy once upon a time.

Of course you don't.  You have often underplayed how serious a crime rape is.  I sincerely hope you aren't projecting.