Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
There was a non-zero chance that when faced with Trump's supporters at their angriest, Pence and the Republicans in Congress might have done what they could to avoid certifying Biden's win. They didn't have a valid case for doing so, but they still could have done it, and who would have stopped them, or made them follow the law? That's probably what the rioters were counting on.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2021, 08:06:32 PM »
There's a disturbing tendency to downplay January 6.  There's no reason to think they wouldn't have murdered any Democratic member of congress or even some of the Republicans if they got their hands on them.  They were quite willing to kill anyone who got in their way, including law enforcement.

It's not an exaggeration to say that if it weren't for a small handful of police officers who didn't have their thumbs in their asses then we would probably be in a civil war by now.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2021, 08:39:06 PM »
It's such a weird but sobering example of crowd mentality going horribly wrong.

The vast majority of those meatheads went there without any malicious intent. The few bad eggs who had legitimate plans and were armed+over-prepared for violence paved a way for the masses to follow and devolve into what we saw on TV.

Thankfully there werent nearly enough people with/privy to a plan so the masses mainly just stumbled around smashing stuff. I'm still baffled at how repercussions there have been for how woefully understaffed and equipped  the capitol police were. Clearly intentional by those in charge and it cost lives on both sides.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2021, 01:35:46 PM »
Did "The Big Guy" get his 10% again ?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2021, 06:28:23 PM »
Did "The Big Guy" get his 10% again ?

Very concerning if true. Fortunately the big guy actually provides his tax returns.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2021, 06:29:50 AM »
I don’t know who Tom Brady is because, let’s face it, American Football is rubbish which is why pretty much no one outside the US watches it. But this is a pretty good joke. Well done him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-57910869
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2021, 09:48:02 PM »
So brain dead he ate a booger on live tv. 

He's the best you got?.

Not my Pres., my clown.....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2021, 10:08:05 PM »

He's the best you got?.

So did a quick search:
All I can find is a crappy video with no info showing an orange, sharp edged thing on his chin.  Not even sure its there or added in post production.  Also only mention of it seems to be far right groups who hate Biden.  So.... Not really gonna trust that its an accurate video.  They'd post a video of him summoning satan and turning the oceans into blood and call it fact.

Also:
He IS your president.  Just as Trump was our president.
Unless you're not American. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2021, 11:08:49 PM »
You'all raw raw picked a clown that couldn't even lead 6 months. Now we get a female attorney with little experience running the USA USA USA

Shows how dumb the libs truly are.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2021, 04:32:10 AM »
You'all raw raw picked a clown that couldn't even lead 6 months. Now we get a female attorney with little experience running the USA USA USA

Shows how dumb the libs truly are.

1. Joe hasn't resigned.  Dunno what you're on about.
2. You do remember how Trump has 0 experience in anything related to law or politics, right?

Its so weird to watch conservatives jump and attack liberals with arguments that fit Trump.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2021, 05:03:47 AM »

He's the best you got?.

Seems like the GOP started the trend...

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2021, 08:39:34 AM »
Its so weird to watch conservatives jump and attack liberals with arguments that fit Trump.

"Biden hid in his basement"

Trump spent one-quarter of his term hiding at his golf clubs. He was invisible in the lame-duck period.

"Biden is cognitively challenged"

Trump simply makes up stories about his life. "Someone came up to me and said; "Sir ...". Hogwash. He was the POTUS, living in the Whitehouse. Nobody casually "Comes up to him" apart from his own staff and those with clearance.

... and so it goes on.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »
Not even sure its there or added in post production. 
The note that was handed to him, informing of the booger on his chin, was also edited in post-production.

Jesus, a truly crappy video, hardly clear at all.
Here's another showing all the clarity of thought and intelligence he's able to muster:

If you can even make it through the first answers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 03:52:30 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2021, 02:23:44 AM »
Benghazi on steroids coming. Lotsa dead Americans. Thanks Joe you retard, couldn't run a lemonade stand with free lemons.

Resign NOW !!!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2021, 05:49:40 AM »
Benghazi on steroids coming. Lotsa dead Americans. Thanks Joe you retard, couldn't run a lemonade stand with free lemons.

Resign NOW !!!

Dead from what?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 04:20:39 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2021, 07:11:12 AM »
Some of our allies are dead.  I've haven't heard of any american citizen dying during all of this.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2021, 05:20:06 PM »
Opinion by Michael Gerson

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/16/trump-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-catastrophe/

There's just no way to sugarcoat it. Biden fucked up. This is a disaster. And pointing out that Trump wanted to pull out of Afghanistan too means nothing; his advisors advised him not to, and he didn't. This was Biden's decision.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2021, 05:42:53 PM »
Agreed. He inherited a mess, then shit the bed with the execution of this. Worth noting that even though something like (but not as bad as) this outcome was completely foreseeable, most other countries made a mess of this situation as well, leaving embassy guards, support staff, interpreters etc. to fend for themselves.

Ol' Sleepy Joe is in good (or bad) company with a lot of other world leaders currently wiping mud from their faces.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »
Isn’t the argument that whenever they did this the end result would have been the same? They appear to have picked pretty much the worst time to do it which made the Taliban’s takeover alarmingly swift.
The timing seems to have been so they could say it was done by the 20th anniversary of 9/11 which is an objectively stupid way of planning something like this - to time with an arbitrary anniversary.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2021, 06:50:24 PM »
Isn’t the argument that whenever they did this the end result would have been the same? They appear to have picked pretty much the worst time to do it which made the Taliban’s takeover alarmingly swift.
The timing seems to have been so they could say it was done by the 20th anniversary of 9/11 which is an objectively stupid way of planning something like this - to time with an arbitrary anniversary.

Apparently Biden was following through on Trump’s plan, which had initially been set for early May.

I’m not exactly sure how bad a fuck up this was because I don’t know how much of the situation they controlled. In sure there was an assumption that the Afghanistan army would put up at least a token defense.

It seems wise to hold Biden accountable though since much of this situation was caused by the US.