Black supremacy racist?
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:41:38 AM »
It's a topic that bothers me some what. As a follower of rap music and hip hop I have a few people popping up on my news feed on Facebook who are always promoting the black community.
Today I see this group tagging a famous MC I'm friends with trying to promote black people to create a new super group of black people to fight against racism. I also see the same MC talking about how the black community need to unite and fight racism.
It's worth noting that I come from a town where racism as a whole is not a 'thing'. At least I do not witness it. And this is a town that when I was a small child there wasn't any other ethical races except the guys who owned the corner shops.

My question is; do ethnic groups promote racism against themselves? By segregating themselves they are isolating themselves from other people creating more of a focus that they are a different culture. Wouldn't it be more proactive to promote the human race rather than an individuals?

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: Black supremacy racist?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 01:04:36 AM »
The title of the thread and the question posed are completely different. Black supremacy groups are racist, so perhaps they duo promote racism against themselves the same way white racist do.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »
The Mastery.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:25:40 AM »
Well, it depends on what you mean by Black Supremacy. What you were describing doesn't sound like black supremacy. It sounds like a bunch of black dudes getting together to fight racism. I don't really see any good reason for them to have a Token White Guy.

If you're talking about people referring to the 'Black Community' as being separate from the rest of society, I think that comes down to an 'it's only racist if white people do it' thing. It would be crazy to expect black people not to form together into groups in response to residential segregation, redlining, white flight, etc.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
The title is a hook. Don't hang onto that. The issue is segregating yourself as a minority group rather than uniting all people.
Thing is, are any of you racist at all? I was bought up in a house that kinda was but was behind closed doors. Just jokes about the before mentioned corner shop owners. But I'm not a racist and I don't see people as black, white, Indian (not to be confused with native americans) or whatever. I just see people. If these groups had the same agenda then I believe they would actually be doing something good. I don't even think this group even realised what they were implying.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
The title is a hook. Don't hang onto that. The issue is segregating yourself as a minority group rather than uniting all people.
Thing is, are any of you racist at all? I was bought up in a house that kinda was but was behind closed doors. Just jokes about the before mentioned corner shop owners. But I'm not a racist and I don't see people as black, white, Indian (not to be confused with native americans) or whatever. I just see people. If these groups had the same agenda then I believe they would actually be doing something good. I don't even think this group even realised what they were implying.

I definitely have racist thoughts but it is your actions that ultimately matter.

In regards to the OP, I think it is very difficult for you as a white person to know exactly what racism a black person may or may not experience.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:22:40 PM »
I agree with that. I can't truly understand what's its like.
It's sad that there is any racism. Think what you like, there are some cultures I am not keen on, but I wouldn't single them out for it.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
Racism sucks. And yet anybody can be guilty of it. I have met some black persons who are horribly racist. I have met Jews who are, well, not racist, exactly, since we are not a race, but at least ethnocentric to a degree that makes me leery.

I think as long as you have a human society that divides itself into races and ethnic groups, you going to have racism and ethnocentricism, and the like. It is unfortunate, but it is also reality. As long as you can get everybody to NOT kill each other, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »
I'm all for equal opportunity.  Every time the media and general public play the 'race card' and jump on the 'RACIST!' bandwagon whenever a white person commits (insert offense here) against a black person, there should be the same outcry over any black against white offense.

And regarding hiring or promotions, it should be based on qualifications, not race.

Thork

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »
And regarding hiring or promotions, it should be based on qualifications, not race.
And herein lies the problem. A painful fact is that black people aren't as smart as white people. There is no way to dress it up. It is just how it is.

This causes many problems. You have a section of society that aren't as smart as another bit. And so they are likely to get lower paid jobs and have less wealth. and of course they complain about that because they aren't smart enough to realise it happens because they aren't very smart.

So in steps some dumb politician to enforce that companies hire equally. This means dumb people are put into good jobs, at the expense of smart people, who rightfully then resent the dumb people given unfair advantage due to their skin colour.

Ultimately as uncomfortable as it may be, all men are not the same. Until there becomes an acceptance of this inequality in natural ability, there will never be equality in legislation. And that is going to lead to resentment ... racism.

Black people and white were not supposed to live together. They were separated by thousands of miles of geography. Who in their right mind would put the two together and think the outcome would be better than to not mess with it in the first place? Politicians who want white people to work for less is the answer.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »
And herein lies the problem. A painful fact is that black people aren't as smart as white people. There is no way to dress it up. It is just how it is.

This causes many problems. You have a section of society that aren't as smart as another bit. And so they are likely to get lower paid jobs and have less wealth. and of course they complain about that because they aren't smart enough to realise it happens because they aren't very smart.

So in steps some dumb politician to enforce that companies hire equally. This means dumb people are put into good jobs, at the expense of smart people, who rightfully then resent the dumb people given unfair advantage due to their skin colour.

Ultimately as uncomfortable as it may be, all men are not the same. Until there becomes an acceptance of this inequality in natural ability, there will never be equality in legislation. And that is going to lead to resentment ... racism.

Black people and white were not supposed to live together. They were separated by thousands of miles of geography. Who in their right mind would put the two together and think the outcome would be better than to not mess with it in the first place? Politicians who want white people to work for less is the answer.

[citation needed]I mostly just want to see how he cites it

Thork

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »

[citation needed]I mostly just want to see how he cites it
Citation of what?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
Blonde-haired people and dark-haired people were not meant to live together.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 05:57:46 PM »
It's true.
The Mastery.

Thork

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »
It's true.
And here is my citation.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
This is why I don't live with blonde people.
The Mastery.