Ghost of V

North Korea 'threatens war' over film
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10927582/North-Korea-threatens-war-over-Hollywood-Kim-Jong-un-comedy-film.html

North Korea is threatening war over a comedy film about assassinating Kim Jong-un (or something). NK has said some stupid things before but this is certainly one of the stupidest. Do they think victory in a war with the US and its alies is realistic? They are clearly out numbered and out gunned. Why are they so volatile?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea 'threatens war' over film
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:47:25 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10927582/North-Korea-threatens-war-over-Hollywood-Kim-Jong-un-comedy-film.html

North Korea is threatening war over a comedy film about assassinating Kim Jong-un (or something). NK has said some stupid things before but this is certainly one of the stupidest. Do they think victory in a war with the US and its alies is realistic? They are clearly out numbered and out gunned. Why are they so volatile?
Because they know we won't attack them first and we know they won't fire the first shot.  Not until they have atomic weapons anyway.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
As per usual, nothing will come of this.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »
Lord Dave, from my understanding: North Korea has atomic weapons. They just don't have a reliable delivery system.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:44 PM »
As per usual, nothing will come of this.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
Lord Dave, from my understanding: North Korea has atomic weapons. They just don't have a reliable delivery system.
I knew they made a few bombs but I thought those didn't go "atomic" but just made a big boom.

I could be wrong though.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:23:34 PM »
I'd just let them make it. It sounds dreadful. Then when it flops, comment on how no one found their propaganda in the least bit amusing. It was a cheap shot, poorly executed and shows the dreadful decline in Hollywood productions. Then suggest Eddie Murphey should play Obama in the next one, moon the journalists and strut off with a hot naked chick on each arm. Both of whom are carrying AK47s.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
from what I know, they can only deliver nukes via boats. Very efficient.
The Mastery.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:57 PM »
It sounds dreadful.

It is Seth Rogan, of course it will be dreadful.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »
I don't think anyone in their right mind would think the movie will be anything other than dreadful.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
Kim Jong-un is impotent, much like Thork.  There's nothing to worry about.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »
I don't think anyone in their right mind ...
I though that we were discussing North Korea.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.