Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Apparently The Revolution Has Begun
« on: June 11, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »
In my hometown, nonetheless.  Happened this past Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/justice/las-vegas-shooting/

Re: Apparently The Revolution Has Begun
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »
The couple were kicked off the Bundy ranch.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »
The civilian fatality confronted them face to face. I would have pretended to exit the store and shot them in the back. Poor strategic planning for a conceal carry.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:37 AM »
The civilian fatality confronted them face to face. I would have pretended to exit the store and shot them in the back. Poor strategic planning for a conceal carry.

The NRA insists that more people with guns will create a safer society.  This is a clear example of a success in that regard for the man who confronted these two psychos. 

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:27:24 AM »

The NRA insists that more people with guns will create a safer society.  This is a clear example of a success in that regard for the man who confronted these two psychos.

I'm willing to bet if everyone in that store had a gun no one would run in and try to start shooting, the problem here is that out of all the people in that store, only one had a weapon.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:46:40 AM »

I'm willing to bet if everyone in that store had a gun no one would run in and try to start shooting.
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

the problem here is that out of all the people in that store, only one had a weapon.
Of course.  Literally no other problem could arise from everyone in a confined area carrying weapons. 

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:54:09 AM »
Just one out of about a dozen recent public shootings.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:34:46 AM »
I'm willing to bet if everyone in that store had a gun no one would run in and try to start shooting, the problem here is that out of all the people in that store, only one had a weapon.
Alternatively, one person would be crazy enough to start shooting (n.b. we're talking about crazy people here, common sense needn't apply), and then a whole bunch of people would panic and start shooting too and it'd become WWI2 (World War I: 2: The Sequel) very soon.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:26 AM »
Alternatively, one person would be crazy enough to start shooting (n.b. we're talking about crazy people here, common sense needn't apply), and then a whole bunch of people would panic and start shooting too and it'd become WWI2 (World War I: 2: The Sequel) very soon.
It really depends on their training.  The average person will likely panic and run, totally forgetting about their gun.
A few would be brave enough to pull it out and open up but might mis-interprete a good guy with a gun with a bad guy with a gun.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
I am not surprised the revolution is starting in Sin City.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »
I am not surprised the revolution is starting in Sin City.

Eh, it is just a high-crime ghetto area on the East side of town.  Same as any other slum in any big city.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 05:15:56 PM »
But it's Las Vegas, Junker. There is no law in Vegas.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »
But it's Las Vegas, Junker. There is no law in Vegas.

Well, technically the revolution started in Winchester since that area isn't incorporated Las Vegas.  But yes, it is quite lawless; Wild West style.  I have avoided death no less than 500 times in my 25+ years of living here.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »
Let's see:
Gunman is mentally ill- check
More guns would solve gun crime - check
A Good Guy With A Gun(tm) could have stopped him - check

I should really make a bingo card to make the aftermath of these sort of shootings marginally less depressing.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
The male also supposed dressed up as Slenderman occasionally.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 12:48:51 AM »
"I should have called the cops," she said Monday. "I'm so, so, so sorry -- to everybody. I'm sorry."

American Revolution?  ::)

Yeah right.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 02:26:10 AM »
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

I didn't make a claim, I made a bet.

Of course.  Literally no other problem could arise from everyone in a confined area carrying weapons.

Someone should tell all the gun stores.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »

Someone should tell all the gun stores.

Yeah, gun stores never get robbed because everyone knows that the owners and patrons are packing heat!

oh wait that doesn't actually deter criminals nevermind

http://www.aikenstandard.com/article/20140612/AIK0101/140619823
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/charles-rowan-gun-store-manner_n_4345204.html <- literally decided to rob a gun store with a hammer.  succeeded.  deterrence works, right?!
http://www.wboc.com/story/13897486/4-arrested-in-laurel-gun-shop-robbery
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/coroner-called-to-shooting-at-gun-shop/23715272#!Ysf0E
http://www.wthr.com/story/19562707/two-shot-at-dons-guns

hey remember that episode of it's always sunny when dennis threatens to shoot that guy and then everyone in the gun shop pulls out a gun and stops him?  that was awesome and never actually happens
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 06:02:48 PM »
hey remember that episode of it's always sunny when dennis threatens to shoot that guy and then everyone in the gun shop pulls out a gun and stops him?  that was awesome and never actually happens

It was a gun show, get your facts straight.

Oh and all that other stuff I agree with.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
Tanner looked at his friend Wilcox. He knew Wilcox had a concealed carry permit and sometimes had a gun on him.

Oh yeah this shit bout to get real. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun! Lets get it awn!!!!

It was hours before Tanner was told that his friend was killed.

:( Bad luck dude. I expect a full withdrawal from the NRA.